Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Good High School Starter

Default First Joe Johnson, then Paul George and now Kawhi Leonard...

why is perennial supposed DPOY, Mr. guards 1-5 getting lit up in every series? And its not like these guys are durant, or Melo or even monta ellis in terms or scoring ability

Default Re: First Joe Johnson, then Paul George and now Kawhi Leonard...

dont forget nick young,paul pierce,rudy gay,andre iguodala, and russell westbrook all torched him recently too.

The heat don't have a good defensive system. You can't blame lebron when they are programmed to help someone on d far off. Since the heat don't have any good defensive players bar lebron, it forces the guys hes guarding to get cleaner shots.
    BTW paul george lit up when lebron was in foul trouble. Stop making bullshit up.

NBA sixth man of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Lebronxrings
    The heat don't have a good defensive system. You can't blame lebron when they are programmed to help someone on d far off. Since the heat don't have any good defensive players bar lebron, it forces the guys hes guarding to get cleaner shots.
    BTW paul george lit up when lebron was in foul trouble. Stop making bullshit up.
    Lebron was in during the 4th quarter of that game when PG went for 21 in the quarter or whatever...But, I get your main point......

Local High School Star

Good offense will beat good defense, more often than not. If certain guys are on, it doesn't really matter. Like in game 2, when Lebron went through that stretch in the third quarter, it wouldn't have mattered who was on him.

NBA sixth man of the year

Quote Originally Posted by edrick
    Good offense will beat good defense, more often than not. If certain guys are on, it doesn't really matter. Like in game 2, when Lebron went through that stretch in the third quarter, it wouldn't have mattered who was on him.
    Yeah, Kawhi was just hot...He wasn't even really open..He was just catching and pulling, and hitting contested jumpers...I don't think he's a great shooter like that but it doesn't mean he can't keep scoring at a high pace...It just won't be off of jump shots and 3's probably....

NBA Superstar

I like how people act like this is a surprise.

In the playoffs last year LeBron had easily his worst defensive showing ever in the playoffs. Lance Stephenson had his best games vs him and in general he got consistently burned on defense in the ECF. Vs the Spurs it seemed like whoever he was guarding got hot aside from the last two games where Parker seemed too banged up to do anything.

Serious playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by Dro
    Lebron was in during the 4th quarter of that game when PG went for 21 in the quarter or whatever...But, I get your main point......
    Lebron wasn't guarding him though, Wade was. I only really recall one 3 he hit on Bron

National High School Star Rodmantheman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by russwest0
    I like how people act like this is a surprise.

In the playoffs last year LeBron had easily his worst defensive showing ever in the playoffs. Lance Stephenson had his best games vs him and in general he got consistently burned on defense in the ECF. Vs the Spurs it seemed like whoever he was guarding got hot aside from the last two games where Parker seemed too banged up to do anything.
    Still way better then Durant.

Bron seems to have lost a step, maybe he wasn't coasting in RS..

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by AirFederer
    Bron seems to have lost a step, maybe he wasn't coasting in RS..
    This. Still a great player and still the best in the league but he looks noticeably slower than he used to on both ends. He also looks like he's labouring more after long stretches as well. Age catches up to everyone eventually. His improved post game and jump shot should make the decline less severe than most people predicted though.

Love Live Life

To be honest and fair I feel like Spo asks too much from Lebron. I mean something has to give. He's basically the main offensive guy and then he has to go on the other end and guard the opponent's best player pretty much all game.

So because a player has a good game, the player guarding them is a terrible defender?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TheReal Kendall
    To be honest and fair I feel like Spo asks too much from Lebron. I mean something has to give. He's basically the main offensive guy and then he has to go on the other end and guard the opponent's best player pretty much all game.
    For a team with such a great line up they run some stupid plays and sets.

These hoes ain't loyal Nuff Said's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lilteapot
    So because a player has a good game, the player guarding them is a terrible defender?
    This. Kawhi has sucked other than tonight but let's ignore that and focus on the 1/3 games he was good.