Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    NBA Superstar

Default Great piece on Serge Ibaka...

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/after-r...213838369.html

It's about him working to reshape Africa but I loved this quote:

[QUOTE]Everyone who has played and worked with Ibaka in Oklahoma City will tell you there

First Kobe fan on ISH JohnFreeman's Avatar

Default Re: Great piece on Serge Ibaka...

Fairly sure Fisher would have been better then Ibaka.

All I know is the dude sure sucks at FIBA ball

#Dre Day in Sac Town andremiller07's Avatar

Overrated role player who has no plan B on either offence or defence, if you semi contest anything it's a brick and if you go at him he can't stop you unless he's flying in from the weak side.

Plus he's soft and pretty piss weak despite his appernce, not impressed tbh got shat on by Diaw in the NBA West finals and Fiba now, get's carried by Durrant/Goatbrook.

First Kobe fan on ISH JohnFreeman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by andremiller07
    Overrated role player who has no plan B on either offence or defence, if you semi contest anything it's a brick and if you go at him he can't stop you unless he's flying in from the weak side.

Plus he's soft and pretty piss weak despite his appernce, not impressed tbh got shat on by Diaw in the NBA West finals and Fiba now, get's carried by Durrant/Goatbrook.
    I love your hate of Ibaka

NBA Legend

Hes got some African in him. And I dont say that in a bad way.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Akrazotile
    Hes got some African in him. And I dont say that in a bad way.
    I see what you did there

name 4 PFs you would take before him

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Lebronxrings
    He'll go 15 deep and then mention like 10 more he'd argue are on his level, at worst.

What happened to you? You used to be a good poster. Given the topic of the thread this is just a pathetic post. Is this really the thread for you to spread your crazed anti-Ibaka agenda? In a thread about an article talking about Ibaka as a person and teammate? Really?

Quote Originally Posted by moe94
    He'll go 15 deep and then mention like 10 more he'd argue are on his level, at worst.
    And this really isn't even much exaggeration. And it may not be any exaggeration at this point because now it really wouldn't surprise me if he actually thinks there are 20-25 PFs better or as good as Ibaka.

NBA Superstar

Griffin
    Aldridge
    Dirk
    Love

Blake Griffin
    LaMarcus Aldridge
    Dirk Nowitzi
    Kevin Love

I'll throw ya some bonuses
    The Beast Down Low
    LeBrow Davis
    Chris Boshosaurus
    Time Duncan if considered PF
    Boris DiGawd

That was pretty easy.

Quote Originally Posted by KG215
    What happened to you? You used to be a good poster. Given the topic of the thread this is just a pathetic post. Is this really the thread for you to spread your crazed anti-Ibaka agenda? In a thread about an article talking about Ibaka as a person and teammate? Really?
    He IS a good poster, he just has a huge dislike for Ibaka. Though I can't blame him, that "Ibaka is a Top 10 PF" really pissed him off.

He isn't wrong either, Ibaka does get overrated by all the Lebron stans that want to prop up Durant's teammates and act like he has a stacked roster. It's a cycle of trolls spreading bullshit and good posters responding by putting them in their place, even if it hurts the team's fans as well. Hopefully this season the forum gets cleaned up.

Quote Originally Posted by Graviton
    He IS a good poster, he just has a huge dislike for Ibaka. Though I can't blame him, that "Ibaka is a Top 10 PF" really pissed him off.

He isn't wrong either, Ibaka does get overrated by all the Lebron stans that want to prop up Durant's teammates and act like he has a stacked roster. It's a cycle of trolls spreading bullshit and good posters responding by putting them in their place, even if it hurts the team's fans as well. Hopefully this season the forum gets cleaned up.
    Yeah, I overreacted a bit. I don't really have a problem with andremiller. When he's not posting about Ibaka he is a good poster. I do think you could name about 10 PFs to make an argument for that are better than Ibaka, but he takes it to the next level and lists about 10 that he says are definitely better and then 5-7 more that he says are as good as Ibaka, if not better.

I know you disagree, but I do think Ibaka's defense is underrated now, mostly because it got to the point where too many people were saying he was an overrated defender, but also because I do think he improved this past year as an overall defender. His one-on-one post defense still needs more discipline and overall improvement, but I do think he improved to the point this year where you can finally say he's a good pick-n-roll defender on top of being an elite rim protector.

But when the LeBron stans start saying he's a top 3 or top 5 PF, they do take it too far and that is equally annoying as andremiller's incessant hating on Ibaka.