Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Default Tim Duncan: "For a stretch there, it seemed like they got every whistle."

Boston are screwed tomorrow.
    The deal went down last night.
    Its completed, and half of its have been fulfilled.

Default Re: Tim Duncan: "For a stretch there, it seemed like they got every whistle."

For a stretch there, Timmy...it seemed like you guys stopped hitting shots, turned the ball over and stopped playing defense.

Great college starter

Default Re: Tim Duncan: "For a stretch there, it seemed like they got every whistle."

Quote Originally Posted by Derka
    For a stretch there, Timmy...it seemed like you guys stopped hitting shots, turned the ball over and stopped playing defense.
    They actually got two big shots taken from them. Hard to play defense when the refs are whistle happy. Hard not to turn It over when guys are being hacked. It was an abvious screw job. As a Spurs fan I knew it was on.

For a stretch there it seemed like Durant took over and the Spurs ran out of gas Timmy.

Quote Originally Posted by Big#50
    They actually got two big shots taken from them. Hard to play defense when the refs are whistle happy. Hard not to turn It over when guys are being hacked. It was an abvious screw job. As a Spurs fan I knew it was on.
    cry me a river, make some more threads about it

Banned

In Boston? That would be quite the spectacle. Highly unlikely though.

Tim Duncan is a cry baby now? What has the world come to? Shut up, Duncan. The better team won. The Spurs are old and done. Just like the Celtics. The Heat will win game 6 and there will be a game 7. Then Heat win. The off to the Finals again!

For a stretch there it seemed like the Spurs lost every game they played after going up 2-0.

Quote Originally Posted by Big#50
    As a Spurs fan, you're just salty as hell. I completely empathize. I remember Game 7 in 2010 and feeling exactly the same way. If the game was called fairly, OKC probably could have shot a lot more free throws...Spurs D was slow as hell most of the second half. A lot of reaches, a lot of hacks and pushes. OKC was contesting everything at the rim and being stalwartly more aggressive. The calls went their way as a result. I'll completely admit that OKC got the benefit of some whistles on flops, but the truth is the Spurs coughed up an 18 point lead. That's not a screw job.

Tim Duncan never complains about the refs. Never. For Duncan to say something you know there had to be some really bad officiating going on. Is there a more obvious example of bias as when Jackson got called for a technical foul?

I think that technical foul is as absurd as Joey Crawford throwing Duncan out from the bench. Come to think of it wasn't it Joey Crawford who called that technical? Why the f*ck was this guy allowed to call this game? Joey Crawford should never ref another game again. He needs to be fired. Refs need to know they aren't above the game. Either he hates the Spurs or he is following Stern's orders.

Quote Originally Posted by Derka
    As a Spurs fan, you're just salty as hell.

Im not a Spurs or a Thunder fan, and I saw a good chunk of key plays in the second half where the Spurs were absolutely robbed. Good momentum plays too.

Quote Originally Posted by RoseCity07

Tim Duncan never complains about the refs. Never. For Duncan to say something you know there had to be some really bad officiating going on. Is there a more obvious example of bias as when Jackson got called for a technical foul?

I think that technical foul is as absurd as Joey Crawford throwing Duncan out from the bench. Come to think of it wasn't it Joey Crawford who called that technical? Why the f*ck was this guy allowed to call this game? Joey Crawford should never ref another game again. He needs to be fired. Refs need to know they aren't above the game. Either he hates the Spurs or he is following Stern's orders.
    You sound a little mad, bro.

Quote Originally Posted by KingLeBronJames
    Tim Duncan is a cry baby now? What has the world come to? Shut up, Duncan. The better team won. The Spurs are old and done. Just like the Celtics. The Heat will win game 6 and there will be a game 7. Then Heat win. The off to the Finals again!

Right, and if the Celtics get the calls, you'll be on here tomorrow evening crying along with Timmy.

You know what cracks me up? Why is it so outrageous and far fetched to consider that perhaps the league favors a particular team advancing over another?

Quote Originally Posted by oh the horror
    Im not a Spurs or a Thunder fan, and I saw a good chunk of key plays in the second half where the Spurs were absolutely robbed. Good momentum plays too.
    The Manu call on the baseline was a 50/50 and really the only one I disagreed with. He DID push Harden, but not as hard as Harden sold it on the flop. Had Harden not done that, it would have been a no-call...but neither Harden NOR Manu ever met a flop they didn't take a chance on. I think it should have been a no-call and that took away a Leonard three-pointer.

All the others...kinda obvious, I thought. The Spurs got a bit lazy on both ends, mostly due to fatigue I think, and that's where fouls start happening.