Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: If Anfernee Hardaway never got hurt?

Quote Originally Posted by SmackOrH.A.K
    he had joe johnson like career stats. and i know stats don't tell the whole story but idk how someone who averaged 20pts and 6apg at age 25 could be the GOAT PG.
    Another stat GEEK who doesn't know the game. Hardaway played with a YOUNG SHAQUILLE O'NEAL so he wasn't a first option. 20 and 6 was great numbers for the Magic's style of play

Quote Originally Posted by plUto or bUst
    When you consider that Penny's career high is 42, then you would realize that he was not the explosive scorer many believed.

He was definitely not as good as Hill. Hill could do everything just a little better than Hardaway.
    Grant Hill has never had a good jump shot, had it not been for Shaq, Hardaway could have averaged 30 a game easy. You don't have a clue what your talking about.

He's not even better than Prime Gary Payton and Prime Kevin Johnson.

Quote Originally Posted by TAZORAC
    Grant Hill has never had a good jump shot, had it not been for Shaq, Hardaway could have averaged 30 a game easy. You don't have a clue what your talking about.

Stop talking out of your @$$. Prime Hardaway was not an elite scorer. It's very difficult to average over 30 ppg in the NBA.

Local High School Star

Penny would have been among the top 15 players of all time at least IMO.

Another case of tragedy enhancing a player's legacy. Penny was one of my favorite players of the 90's, along with CWebb and LJ. Even then, he was considered one of the leagues best guards, but not a transcendent one.

Hardaway & Hill's size & skill makes their potential seem bigger. But they weren't raw talents when they got injured. They could be little bit better that's all.

Both of them were what people consider "soft", they didn't have killer mentality,they were good at everything but not elite at anything (kinda drexler)

Hardaway was 25, Hill was 27 when they got injured. Guys like Jordan,Magic,Kobe,Iverson,Lebron was already in prime at that age.

NBA rookie of the year

Honestly I think I would take a healthy Penny Hardaway (note I said healthy) in the modern NBA over LeBron James.

I know people will say that's crazy, but I think with the modern rules he could put in 25 ppg quite easily (can't breathe on a wing player these days) and his passing ability ... I don't think people really realize how incredible his vision was.

There's no question in my mind outside of Magic, there's been no one over 6'4 with better vision than him in the game.

Literally some of the passes he made, I can't believe he didn't have eyes in the back of his head.

Plus he was much more willing to take "the big shot" down the stretch and even had a solid post game.
    Last edited by Soundwave; 04-11-2012 at 08:34 AM.