Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
    Not airballing my layups anymore Patches O'Houlihan's Avatar

I'd still rather trade the pick.

Serious playground baller Juvenile's Avatar

Just to get it, Get Bucket is Real Men Wear Green? I know that username popped up on the old board some time ago, but I never realized that this wasnt actually a new poster but someone I'd recognize with a new handle.

National High School Star Twiens's Avatar

Gerald Green is going to be a monster next year.

Damn right. We need to give Green some damn minutes, that's why I want Wally gone.

Serious playground baller Juvenile's Avatar

Hope he wont, I am already sick enough of seeing his backboard alleyoop, which NBA Action sold us as the assist of the year.

You hate the player for that? Ouch.

Wally and the pick are basically necessities for a trade.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Patches O'Houlihan
    I'd still rather trade the pick.
    If that pick can get us Marcus Williams, Rudy Gay, or Randy Foye I want it. If we trade the pick I want an impact-player, "star"-type or to get Raef's bad deal off the books. I wouldn't move the pick and Wally (who has a bad deal but is still an impact player) for another player on a similar level with a bad deal, like the Wally/ pick for K-Mart idea. Marcus Williams might be Mark Jackson with a jumpshot. Would you deal young Mark Jackson and Wally for K-Mart? I wouldn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    If that pick can get us Marcus Williams, Rudy Gay, or Randy Foye I want it. If we trade the pick I want an impact-player, "star"-type or to get Raef's bad deal off the books. I wouldn't move the pick and Wally (who has a bad deal but is still an impact player) for another player on a similar level with a bad deal, like the Wally/ pick for K-Mart idea. Marcus Williams might be Mark Jackson with a jumpshot. Would you deal young Mark Jackson and Wally for K-Mart? I wouldn't.
    Neither would I. But I have high hopes for Delonte and think he has the potential to be an All-Star. He's got a great all-around game, similar to Jason Kidd, a poor man's version if you will, with a better shooting touch.

I'd rather us get an established big man though who can help PP contend sooner rather than later. Al still isn't there yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Patches O'Houlihan
    Neither would I. But I have high hopes for Delonte and think he has the potential to be an All-Star. He's got a great all-around game, similar to Jason Kidd, a poor man's version if you will, with a better shooting touch.

I'd rather us get an established big man though who can help PP contend sooner rather than later. Al still isn't there yet.
    Love Delonte but how can you compare a guy that averages 5 assists per game (4.6 to be exact) to Jason Kidd? Plus he's an excellent shooter, while Kidd has no J, and Kidd is far ahead as a dribbler. Also, young Kidd was much faster. Probably still is. I don't see that at all.

I was comparing his all around game to Jason Kidd's. His second year in the league and he's averaging 12-5-4. I never said he had the court vision or the quickness. I think in a couple of years he'll be a legit triple double threat.

I guess he could be a triple-double threat one day. Fair warning, though: most posters (like me) will first think of great court vision and passes when it comes to Kidd, not necessarily all-around game, so your Kidd-West comparison will probably look nutty.

Fair enough. I'd like to stick with Delonte as our PG of the future though.

He could be, his work ethic leads me to believe he'll sufficiently develop his right hand, but Marcus Williams is a special talent and Delonte could excel as a sixth man.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green

I think that in all honesty trading the pick wouldn't be that bad of an idea. We really need to get some more veteran leadership on this team. However if we can get Marcus Williams, which I still think we will(only team ahead of us who might take him is the Hawks. But I doubt its more likely they draft Gay or Morrison cause you know they don't have enough tweener forwards) then I don't mind keping it. And believe it or not but Marcus Williams' game reminds me of Rod Strickland.

Strickland isn't a bad comparison, especially as Marcus Williams is working to eliminate the baby fat that, along with his passing, reminds some of us of Jackson. Anyhow, whichever way he goes I'm almost certain that Williams will be an excellent point guard.

We like Shelden.
    Mark me down as someone that has not given up on Al, but I'm a fan of Shelden Williams, a pure, prototypical PF. The 7th pick may be too high for him so I doubt we get him, but he ought to be a good player. No-nonsense attitude and a great work ethic. Reminds me of a short Perk.

7'8" wingspan.
    Is it possible to not be a good rebounder with those kind of dimensions?