Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Default Attempted murder of Ray Allen's step-father?

Info at the Bottom of the page.
    ESPN announced that Tuesday's edition of its magazine show "E:60" will include a feature on how Ray Allen has dealt with issues surrounding the attempted murder of his stepfather, Derek Hopson. Allen's mother, Flora Allen-Hopson, and his stepfather spent more than two years in a witness protection program after the 2003 attempted murder of Hopson by Ernest Garlington. Garlington, the husband of Hopson's ex-wife, was recently sentenced to 33 years in prison on five counts, including conspiracy to commit murder. Allen previously told the Globe he was uncomfortable talking about the subject and also declined to talk to ESPN about it
    The more I learn about him, the more that Ray Allen's psyche intrigues me. To be sure, I would expect him to be able to put that issue aside when he's on the court and focus on the game, especially as his mother (and step-father) were probably in no major immediate danger while in witness protection, but a lot of players might not be able to maintain such tunnel vision.

McCants is Available!!

Default Re: Attempted murder of Ray Allen's step-father?

I might watch this episode.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Default Re: Attempted murder of Ray Allen's step-father?

woah, tough off the court life for allen