Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Learning to shoot layups

Default How Similar are '14 Heat to '93 Bulls?

Both teams have the best player (I favor Lebron over Durant) who will be dethroned as MVP and are coming off back to back championships.

The Heat, like the Bulls, will likely not have HCA in the ECF and almost definitely not in the Finals if they make it that far.

Indiana like the Knicks serve as rivals to the Heat.

etc.

I could go on. These observations have all been very surface level. Can anyone with a strong knowledge of the '93 Bulls comment on similarities/differences?

Default Re: How Similar are '14 Heat to '93 Bulls?

Back to back champions, with the best player in the world (who had just won back to back MVPs and Finals MVPs. He was the favourite to win MVP again, but his friend and rival, the offensively gifted, high scoring forward from the western conference had a career year and won the MVP for the first time in his career. The champions had a down regular season, winning less than 60 games, but still good for 2nd seed in the conference. This was mostly due to the fatigue of two straight championship run in addition to the Olympic run of their best player. The champs lost the 1st seed to the rugged, all time great defensive team anchored by a 7 foot defensive behemoth. The champs, however, ended up beating the 1st seed in 7 games, and moved onto the finals where they faced the first time MVP and his explosive point guard sidekick. In a tough, close series, the champs three peated in 6 games.

Am I talking about the 93 Bulls or the 14 Heat?

MJ was clearly the best player on the planet and nobody could check him, LeBron isn't on his level.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Drew
    Back to back champions, with the best player in the world (who had just won back to back MVPs and Finals MVPs. He was the favourite to win MVP again, but his friend and rival, the offensively gifted, high scoring forward from the western conference had a career year and won the MVP for the first time in his career. The champions had a down regular season, winning less than 60 games, but still good for 2nd seed in the conference. This was mostly due to the fatigue of two straight championship run in addition to the Olympic run of their best player. The champs lost the 1st seed to the rugged, all time great defensive team anchored by a 7 foot defensive behemoth. The champs, however, ended up beating the 1st seed in 7 games, and moved onto the finals where they faced the first time MVP and his explosive point guard sidekick. In a tough, close series, the champs three peated in 6 games.

That would be hilarious if the Heat do the same thing in the playoffs.

3-time NBA All-Star

I'd say the difference between Jordan and Barkley was much higher then the difference between Lebron and Durant.

4 ring - 4 FMVP - 4MVP J Shuttlesworth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by guy
    I'd say the difference between Jordan and Barkley was much higher then the difference between Lebron and Durant.
    I think some people forget how good prime Barkley was. There's a reason he snagged that MVP

Complete Player

Back to back champions, with the best player in the world (who had just won back to back MVPs and Finals MVPs. He was the favourite to win MVP again, but his friend and rival, the offensively gifted, high scoring forward from the western conference had a career year and won the MVP for the first time in his career. The champions had a down regular season, winning less than 60 games, but still good for 2nd seed in the conference. This was mostly due to the fatigue of two straight championship run in addition to the Olympic run of their best player. The champs lost the 1st seed to the rugged, all time great defensive team anchored by a 7 foot defensive behemoth.The champs, however, ended up beating the 1st seed in 7 games, and moved onto the finals where they faced the first time MVP and his explosive point guard sidekick. In a tough, close series, the champs three peated in 6 games.

The Bulls beat the 1st seed in 6 games, not 7. They went down 0-2 in the series and then did a backdoor sweep.

Quote Originally Posted by J Shuttlesworth
    I think some people forget how good prime Barkley was. There's a reason he snagged that MVP
    I dont think anyone "forgets" how good he was. When you factor in defense, Jordan was simply another class of player.

KD and Bron are very much equal far as tiers go.

NBA Superstar

They are far more similar to the 2011 Lakers squad

1993 Bull's

MJ - Best player of the decade
    Pippen - Top 10 player of the decade
    Grant - Allstar Caliber PF
    Armstrong - Allstar caliber PG
    Cartwright - Scrub

1993 Suns

Barkley - Top 5 player of the decade/just quit on Phila and left after destroying team chemistry
    Thunder Dan - Allstar caliber SG above average White guy
    KJ - Allstar Caliber PG
    Dumas - Scrub just outta Rehab
    Ainge/Chamber's - Old white dudes who can shoot but suck at D/all else

2014 Heat

Lebron - Best player since 2011/ Top 10 player of the last 10 seasons
    Wade - Top 10 player of the last 10 seasons
    Bosh - Allstar PF top 10 - 15 players of the last 10 seasons
    Ray Allen - GOAT 3 point shooter
    Chalmers - Scrub

2014 Thunder

Durant - Allstar / looking like the best player in the L/best player of the 2010's
    Westbrook - Allstar G top 10 player in the L
    Ibaka - Solid young PF
    Reggie - Decent
    Sefo - Scrub

Heat are way more stacked...

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by J Shuttlesworth
    I'm not forgetting. It obviously depends on what happens in the playoffs, but Durant might end up being considered the best player in the league by the end of the year, even better then Lebron. We know that didn't happen with Barkley in 93. And as of now, I'd say Jordan>Lebron>Durant>Barkley in this scenario.

93 Bulls beat the Knicks in 6 games in the ECF.

Heat will lose to the Pacers doe.

Quote Originally Posted by hitmanyr2k
    The Bulls beat the 1st seed in 6 games, not 7. They went down 0-2 in the series and then did a backdoor sweep.
    Ninja'd

NBA rookie of the year HOoopCityJones's Avatar

More like my 2011 Lakers.

Quote Originally Posted by guy
    I'm not forgetting. It obviously depends on what happens in the playoffs, but Durant might end up being considered the best player in the league by the end of the year, even better then Lebron. We know that didn't happen with Barkley in 93. And as of now, I'd say Jordan>Lebron>Durant>Barkley in this scenario.

Bro, to beat prime MJ for the MVP you have to be an All-Time great. That's how good 93 Barkley was. No way in hell would Lebron or Durant win an MVP over MJ, unless voters just got tired of voting for him.

I swear, Sir Charles gets no respect here. I can tell most here never seen him play in his prime.