Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Default Re: How is this not racism/illegal?

Quote Originally Posted by 97 bulls
    Lol. Your making me laugh here Hawk. The businesses in this thread are, ARE hiring people of all nationalities. The Businesses in that survey wouldn't even interview a black applicant much less hire them.

And truthfully, I don't care. They shouldn't have to. We need to help ourselves. But, I disagree when white businesses won't even give blacks a chance to work, then call them lazy for not working.
    That's great they are hiring other nationalities when there isn't a black applicant available but when there is, they are choosing black.

And the only thing that survey shows is name discrimination, no race or skin color discrimination. Lots of black chicks that have "white" sounding names.

College star

Quote Originally Posted by andgar923
    OP is either a clueless idiot or racist.
    ???

Quote Originally Posted by Hawker
    That's great they are hiring other nationalities when there isn't a black applicant available but when there is, they are choosing black.
    Who said that? Or are you just assuming?

And the only thing that survey shows is name discrimination, no race or skin color discrimination. Lots of black chicks that have "white" sounding names.
    So what does this happen to do with the survey? Something tell's me that they know they were black. They won't even give them a chance.

Who said that? Or are you just assuming?
    Not only is the majority of the staff at Brown Capital black -- a choice that Brown said is deliberate -
    They did.

Banned

I pointed out the problem with the IQ test as a whole by saying it's biased.
    That's not "pointing out a problem" you knuckle dragging retard, that's disregarding something because it doesn't fit your world view and then arbitrarily assigning a reason to your disregarding it and then making a claim that is not evidenced by anything. That's what you did, you didn't "point out" anything.

Lol. But you keep saying that it's descrimination. How? How can you prove it? They never said that they don't hire other groups of people. They said they try to hire blacks. And based on the quotes in the article, they do it because they feel Black people don't get the same opportunities. If two candidates are equally qualified, and one is white the other is black, and they choose the black, how does this make it descrimination? You act like they're just taking any black person off the street over more qualified groups simply because they are black. They have a business to run here.

You people meaning your side. The ones who disagree with me. What do you think I mean by using the words "you people"?
    Not going to bother. I'm just going to link the definition of dIscrimination because you not only can't spell it (hint: No "E"), but you clearly have no idea what the word means.

https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/de...discrimination

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    You guys have been arguing that black people are naturally less intelligent this entire time. That is glaringly obvious and your attempt to deny it now is ridiculous. This discussion is really going nowhere.

You posted a link to a wikipedia page claiming it proved adopted black kids were dumber (of course, you aren't arguing that black kids aren't as smart ). Although it is based on the same study, it somehow ignores tidbits like this:

Again: The average African-American is genetically a quarter European. Almost all of them could be categorized as "mixed." Almost no one in America whose ancestors came over through slavery is pure African. I personally believe in letting a mixed person categorize themselves however they see fit but historically people like Kaepernick, West, Bibby, Kidd, etc. have been called black. Obama is hailed as the first black President and never denies it. You don't even seem to have a clear idea of what it means for a person to be classified as "black" so I question how you can have an opinion on this entire subject. If Obama is not black, who is, and isn't? You don't have an answer to that question so your opinion is irrelevant.
    I'm not denying anything, I will state very clearly so that there is no misunderstanding, something you are very prone to do because, well let's face it, you have all the critical thing ability of the exhumed corpse of Junior Seau On average whites are more intelligent (score higher on IQ tests) than African American, and Asians are smarter than whites and Ashkenazim are smarter still. This is not an opinion, this is based on evidence,

More intelligent =/= superior you moron. When people say that "blacks are faster, better athletes" you wouldn't call them a racist, being an objective observer and noticing the differences between ethnicities doesn't mean you are claiming the superiority of one over another.

Now onto the rest:

-I didn't claim anything, I stated that the only research I am aware of (with regards to how upbringing affects IQ across ethic lines), disagrees with your hypothesis (that blacks do worse than everyone else along every single educational or intellectual metric across the world because they are disadvantaged), which is true.

-The excerpt you posted agrees with my hypothesis;

The 29 children with two black parents achieved
    a mean IQ score of 96.8. The 68 with only one
    black parent scored on the average 109.0.
    So I say there is only one study on the effects of trans-racial adoption on IQ, you say you've found another and go ahead and post the same one

You then, having not read or understood the article, post an excerpt which very much undermines your hypothesis smugly acting as though it confirms it.

-People with one white parent and one black parent are mixed. You've got some real KKK style vies if you think are agreeing with their one drop rule

I honestly feel very sorry for you at this point, you seem not to understand anything. You seem totally clueless and lost in the world. I'm sorry if i've been less than patient or even a bit mean little buddy.

NBA sixth man of the year KyrieTheFuture's Avatar

IQ scores are not an accurate test of intelligence this has been studied multiple times

That being said, it is amusing that racism is perfectly acceptable for positive stereotypes but not negative ones.

Banned

IQ tests aren't perfect, but they are the best available metric of measuring intelligence and the fact that they are not perfect does not render them without value.