Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast
    College star

Default How is this not racism/illegal?

I was reading an article this morning and came across this:

http://money.cnn.com/2016/10/14/news...ped/index.html

[QUOTE]It's lonely in the Black 1%

It's one of the loneliest, most exclusive clubs in America.
    Among the nation's wealthiest Americans -- known as the Top 1% -- only a very small percentage are black.

To gain membership into this elite group in 2013, it required a household net worth of nearly $7.9 million, according to the Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis. And only 1.7% of those who met that mark are black.

Sheila Johnson is one of them. Johnson is the co-founder of Black Entertainment Television, chief executive of Salamander Hotels & Resorts and she owns a stake in three professional sports teams, including the NBA's Wizards, the NHL's Capitals and the WNBA's Mystics.

(...continued)

Eddie Brown, a Baltimore-based hotelier and chief executive of Brown Capital Management agrees. Brown and his wife Sylvia are also part of the 1% and seek to help other people of color get ahead through philanthropy and other initiatives.

Eddie and C. Sylvia Brown deliberatly try to hire black employees at their firm, Brown Capital Management.

Not only is the majority of the staff at Brown Capital black -- a choice that Brown said is deliberate -- but the couple's charitable foundation provides grants for education, art and health initiatives that help low-income people living in Baltimore.

"I think it's really incumbent upon [those of] us who have achieved some modicum of success to make it our business to mentor and to help uplift," Brown said. "It's a slow process. It's a gradual process, but we have to reach back, take someone by the hand, show them the way."

Brown also tries to stay connected to African Americans who haven't reached the elite 1%. Just a few minutes away from The Ivy Hotel, the Brown's lush Relais & Ch

Tolerant Liberals

Default Re: How is this not racism/illegal?

How can he be racist? He's black.

Fundamentally, blacks are at the bottom of the "protected hierarchy" (unless he happens to be gay or some shit) and therefore cannot be racist. Blacks can say anything they want and discriminate against all those above them on the hierarchy, e.g., muslims, mexicans, asians, whites, etc.

How often do we see ghetto trash tweeting racist stuff about white cops, or white businessmen? Yet how many SJW crowds do we have calling for the person to be fired?

That was a trick question, cos the ghetto trash needs to have a job before they can be fired.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BigNBAfan
    I was reading an article this morning and came across this:

http://money.cnn.com/2016/10/14/news...ped/index.html

I think that it's great that he provides education and other resources to those in low income areas, but going out and only hiring blacks? Not every caucasion is born into the 1%, there are plenty living in similar and sometimes worse situations that are also looking to feed their family.

Shit like this turns my stomach...

Feeling better?

College star

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green

Feeling better?
    Seeing how many people in the US are caucasion and how many are african american, a room full of caucasions does not surprise me...

And what does an image have to do with illegal hiring practice?

Go troll elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by BigNBAfan
    Seeing how many people in the US are caucasion and how many are african american, a room full of caucasions does not surprise me...

And what does an image have to do with illegal hiring practice?
    Exactly what is illegal about their hiring practices? Specifically, what law are they breaking?

Go troll elsewhere.
    Oh, the irony.

Banned

It is racism and technically it is illegal.

   

WTF...?

it's their godamn business; they get to hire who they want. more than that, they're running constructive outreach as well. that should tell you a lot about their intentions.

not to mention, i'm not aware of many black americans who had an easy time of it, creating startups and running businesses in the USA.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by gigantes

not to mention, i'm not aware of many black americans who had an easy time of it, creating startups and running businesses in the USA.
    The soft bigotry of low expectations.

Not airballing my layups anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    Exactly what is illegal about their hiring practices? Specifically, what law are they breaking?

Oh, the irony.
    Would you have a different view if the company was owned by say, Donald trump. And he was open about hiring only white people?

I would personally feel the same about each scenario. Hire based on qualifications, not by your looks or who you know. This just adds to the divide in our country.

Tolerant Liberals

Quote Originally Posted by hawks4life
    Would you have a different view if the company was owned by say, Donald trump. And he was open about hiring only white people?

I would personally feel the same about each scenario. Hire based on qualifications, not by your looks or who you know. This just adds to the divide in our country.
    Don't worry, he wont answer this.

Leftists cannot answer this question, it makes their brains explode.

WTF...?

it's their godamn business; they get to hire who they want. more than that, they're running constructive outreach as well. that should tell you a lot about their intentions.

If I only hired white people, that would be racist.

Agree or no?

   

Quote Originally Posted by UK2K
    If I only hired white people, that would be racist.

Agree or no?
    technically racist i guess, but the real issue that concerns me is how much damage is done by something like that.

technically racist i guess, but the real issue that concerns me is how much damage is done by something like that.
    So this is technically racist as well?

Quote Originally Posted by hawks4life

I would call it racist. But I never said there was no racial aspect. I just asked what laws are being broken. A question that went unanswered.

Quote Originally Posted by ISHGoat
    Don't worry, he wont answer this.

Leftists cannot answer this question, it makes their brains explode.
    Except that I did answer which means you still have yet to make a point in your history off posting.