Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Default Re: Bold Prediction: Blake Griffin's stats last season is his career best

Quote Originally Posted by 28renyoy
    1 game was enough for you to annoint Jordan as a more skilled Tyson Chandler and the Clippers a legitimate title contender, but it's not enough for others to make the assumption that Griffin is overrated?
    You're not understanding simple concepts. DeAndre normally fouls out against the Lakers. All I said is he looked dominant on defense and I never called the Clippers a title contender now. Blake Griffin has struggled against the Lakers every time. Look at last years boxscores and you'll see yourself. One game he shot like 30 percent vs Gasol/Bynum.

DeAndre isn't more skilled than Chandler.. he's just got a very good chance to be better as soon as this year and people know/acknowledge that. Tyson's never been the shot blocking presence DeAndre is right now. Tyson's a better man defender but when it comes to altering shots at the rim.. he's not as good.

That being said DJ hasn't surpassed Chandler yet until he sustains it over a full season... and Clippers aren't title contenders yet . They don't need to be. I know you're feeling the pressure of the Clippers as a Thunder fan but it will be one more year before we are good enough to sweep you guys in the playoffs, so relax.

You don't need to make multiple agenda driven threads saying Thunder>Clippers. We know how you feel, just let it play out.

I find it hilarious that it took Durant 3 years to lead a team to the playoffs.... and Durant took 2 or 3 seasons to really become elite... yet you hold the Clippers to some insane standard. 22.5 ppg, 12 rpg and 4 apg Blake is very overrated because he didn't carry the team anywhere. Clippers aren't good why? You have no idea how dominant the team will or won't be.

Thunder record first 2 years with Durant. 19 wins.. and 23 wins. Of course you're not a Thunder fan.. you're a Durant fan so you don't understand these simple concepts.
    Last edited by Clippersfan86; 12-20-2011 at 04:42 PM.

Default Re: Bold Prediction: Blake Griffin's stats last season is his career best

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    One game where he took 11 shots and played against a team he always struggles with . I'm not even bothering responding to the trolls because by January when he's averaging 24-25 ppg... it's gonna be funny watching Joyner and these guys disappear.
    You see that much of an improvement with the new and improved players around him? They either stay the same or go down a bit.

Well it's not as bold a prediction as you might think.

He played on a shit team last year compared to what he'll have this year and onward.

Quote Originally Posted by Nets fan 93
    You see that much of an improvement with the new and improved players around him? They either stay the same or go down a bit.
    You're right... maybe 23 ppg. I do see at LEAST a marginal improvement on offense though. I think CP3 and Billups will learn to defer to Griffin more. Griffin's biggest problem is he needs to set screens better. The dude rolls to the basket before making any contact. He needs to stop doing that. It's a very bad habit! You hit the player... THEN you roll to the basket.

It won't be his best, but his scoring will most likely drop this year. Last year, all half court possessions went through Griffin, nearly all of them in isolation situations. This had a lot to do with who our point guards were at the time, but seeing as we now have one the best playing for us the offence is going to look dramatically different.

A lot of Griffin's scoring is going to have to be off of mid range jumpers and lobs, but I think this will help him be a more complete player in the long run.

All of the lights.... ballsohard247's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fiasco
    It won't be his best, but his scoring will most likely drop this year. Last year, all half court possessions went through Griffin, nearly all of them in isolation situations. This had a lot to do with who our point guards were at the time, but seeing as we now have one the best playing for us the offence is going to look dramatically different.

A lot of Griffin's scoring is going to have to be off of mid range jumpers and lobs, but I think this will help him be a more complete player in the long run.
    I agree. CP3 will get more players involved and carry a good bit of the scoring load himself so Blake won't be the focal point anymore. This is definitely not a bad thing though. Envious of you Clipper fans getting CP3.

Michael Jordan of ISH

Here we go again with the Durant-Griffin record comparisons. The Clippers won 29 games the year before Griffin joined the team and they lost noone of substance, only Gordon got better. They went what, 4-13 when Gordon was out of the lineup last year? Ya I'm sure Griffin was the reason for that 3 game win improvement. Durant on the otherhand joined a team that lost its 2 best players and the 2nd best player on the team was Chris Wilcox

People don't understand CP3 isn't the one who stopped Griffin's offense. It was Billups. If you watch footage of last night you'll see many times Griffin was in great position and Billups jacked up shots early in shot clock. He got caught up into a personal battle with Kobe. Sure we dominated the game so nobody complained but if Billups is shooting 15 shots all year long and shooting early in shotclock it's going to become a problem.

Chris Paul was perfect finding Griffin all game long. It's Billups who need to settle down and not play like a first option over the course of the season. Sure I'd prefer us win a ton of games no matter who scores... but we don't want to upset Griffin for not getting enough touches (11 shots) and take away that inside/out dominance.

I don't want us to become a new Phoenix Suns where we beat teams by bombing 3's with our perimeter guys. We need Griffin to get going early in games like he did last year.

Quote Originally Posted by 28renyoy
    Here we go again with the Durant-Griffin record comparisons. The Clippers won 29 games the year before Griffin joined the team and they lost noone of substance, only Gordon got better. They went what, 4-13 when Gordon was out of the lineup last year? Ya I'm sure Griffin was the reason for that 3 game win improvement. Durant on the otherhand joined a team that lost its 2 best players and the 2nd best player on the team was Chris Wilcox
    19 wins, 23 wins. All you need to know. Durant didn't turn his team around at all in his first two seasons. You should know first hand that basketball isn't black and white. Players take time to develop and do so at different rates.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    You're not understanding simple concepts. DeAndre normally fouls out against the Lakers. All I said is he looked dominant on defense and I never called the Clippers a title contender now. Blake Griffin has struggled against the Lakers every time. Look at last years boxscores and you'll see yourself. One game he shot like 30 percent vs Gasol/Bynum.

DeAndre isn't more skilled than Chandler.. he's just got a very good chance to be better as soon as this year and people know/acknowledge that. Tyson's never been the shot blocking presence DeAndre is right now. Tyson's a better man defender but when it comes to altering shots at the rim.. he's not as good.

That being said DJ hasn't surpassed Chandler yet until he sustains it over a full season... and Clippers aren't title contenders yet . They don't need to be. I know you're feeling the pressure of the Clippers as a Thunder fan but it will be one more year before we are good enough to sweep you guys in the playoffs, so relax.

You don't need to make multiple agenda driven threads saying Thunder>Clippers. We know how you feel, just let it play out.

I find it hilarious that it took Durant 3 years to lead a team to the playoffs.... and Durant took 2 or 3 seasons to really become elite... yet you hold the Clippers to some insane standard. 22.5 ppg, 12 rpg and 4 apg Blake is very overrated because he didn't carry the team anywhere. Clippers aren't good why? You have no idea how dominant the team will or won't be.

Thunder record first 2 years with Durant. 19 wins.. and 23 wins. Of course you're not a Thunder fan.. you're a Durant fan so you don't understand these simple concepts.
    did you just say the clippers would sweep the thunder in the playoffs next year?

I dont even need to call you the worst clipper troll out there you prove it everyday

Local High School Star beau_boy04's Avatar

My expectations of their 2011-12 stats

Blake Griffin 21ppg, 12rpg, 3.5 apg
    Deandre Jordan 11ppg, 10rpg, 2.5bpg
    CP3 17ppg, 11apg, 3spg
    Billups 13ppg, 4apg
    Butler 11ppg

That makes up 73ppg for their starters.

Quote Originally Posted by beau_boy04
    My expectations of their 2011-12 stats

Blake Griffin 21ppg, 12rpg, 3.5 apg
    Deandre Jordan 11ppg, 10rpg, 2.5bpg
    CP3 17ppg, 11apg, 3spg
    Billups 13ppg, 4apg
    Butler 11ppg

That makes up 73ppg for their starters.
    Very fair prediction. I'd say you can give Griffin 4.2 apg or so given the increase in kick out options though. I think Griffin's best years will come a few years from now. Everything else looks pretty spot on in my estimation.

Guess my prediction is most likely going to be correct. ^^

NBA rookie of the year senelcoolidge's Avatar

Griffin is no Tyreke Evans. Griffin actually has work ethic and is improving. His numbers may not increase or could even decrease a little playing on a team with so many other guys that can score and rebound. That's normal it's a team game. He's not a player out for stats. Griffin is putting different things into his game and when those things come together he will be incredible. This season he's concentrating more on the jump shot which is still a work in progress. That jump shot will be automatic in a few years. He's added more moves in the paint. His defense needs to improve. All of those things will get better. Remember he's only a 2nd year player. He will have much better seasons for years to come. You can't question his will to win and work ethic. Those things make a player great. If he has a small drop off in one season it's no big deal. Don't panic.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
    Guess my prediction is most likely going to be correct. ^^
    Too early to tell. Besides... the difference isn't huge so far

2010-11 Season: 22.5 PTS, 12.1 REB, 3.8 AST, 0.8 STL, 0.5 BLK on .506 FG%
    2011-12 Season: 21.2 PTS, 11.7 REB, 2.9 AST, 1.0 STL, 0.5 BLK on .509 FG%