Page 153 of 166 FirstFirst ... 53103143150151152153154155156163 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,295 of 2487
    NBA sixth man of the year

Default Re: ☆ NBA General Discussions | FA/Trade Ideas

I think we should get PG and stand pat with the rest of the roster since Spurs won't trade with us right now.

Ball | Hart
    George | KCP?
    Ingram | Ariza? | Wear
    Kuzma | Wagner | Deng
    Randle | Lopez? | Zubac

Newman and the other dude seem like Alex Caruso/Vander Blue two way contract projects.

NBA lottery pick

Based on who was available I like the Wagner pick. The Lakers needed some depth at big man. With the system they run they also needed a guy who can play both PF and C who can also shoot the 3. The guy carried his team to the national championship playing against some other really good teams along the way. Last year they took a guy who won a national championship, this year they take a guy who made it there. I don't think he'll end up being a huge steal like Kuzma. But I do think he can be a good role player that can play two positions, be productive, and fit in well with this roster.

NBA lottery pick

So Dwight Howard is going to be a free agent. LA can bring him back with Lebron

Wagner does make Slopez expendible. Would also soften the blow if we ended up not resigning Julius. I like what I'm seeing in his game. Dude moves with purpose. Very Kyle Kuzma esque.

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    Based on who was available I like the Wagner pick. The Lakers needed some depth at big man. With the system they run they also needed a guy who can play both PF and C who can also shoot the 3. The guy carried his team to the national championship playing against some other really good teams along the way. Last year they took a guy who won a national championship, this year they take a guy who made it there. I don't think he'll end up being a huge steal like Kuzma. But I do think he can be a good role player that can play two positions, be productive, and fit in well with this roster.
    I hope you are right about the young German. First reaction from the press is that Rob picked his "schoolmate"....as in Magic picking Kuzma because Kyle grew up in Flint, Michigan. Yes, I saw the NCAA tourney and Wagner looked good, hitting perimeter shots and the guy has that swagger in him etc.
    I was just hoping they would fill up that PG reserved spot via draft because I don't want to live through that Ennis/Carruso combo.
    I felt, the veteran Brunson would have been a good pick up, also thought they were eyeing Landry Shamet in the early mock draft. Hopefully they are already planning to sign a more dependable backup
    I like Mykhailuk because of his ability to shoot from anywhere plus he is a veteran, reminds me of Radmanovic, hopefully without his lack of defense and focus..

Wagner plays his heart out and plays with high energy. Great backup at 4/5 with range. Will be cheap as well.. I hope he can become like Mehmet Okur from his Jazz days. Perfect replacement for Brook Lopez on cheap rookie deal.

Randle/Zubac/Bryant -- I'm good with moving Randle to C full-time
    Kuzma/Wagner/Bonga
    Ingram/Kuzma
    PG13/Hart/Mykhailiuk --- I'm still holding onto hope for PG13
    Lonzo/???

Good depth with multiple players who can play multiple positions.
    -Wagner can play both PF and C
    -Kuzma can play both PF and SF
    -Randle can play both PF and C
    -PG13 can play both SG and SF
    -Hart can play both SG and SF

Only thing missing is a backup PG. I dunno who you add from free-agency. I also prefer Kuzma in 6th man role off bench so we need to add 1 more piece up at the 4.

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd
    Wagner plays his heart out and plays with high energy. Great backup at 4/5 with range. Will be cheap as well.. I hope he can become like Mehmet Okur from his Jazz days. Perfect replacement for Brook Lopez on cheap rookie deal.

Randle/Zubac/Bryant -- I'm good with moving Randle to C full-time
    Kuzma/Wagner/Bonga
    Ingram/Kuzma
    PG13/Hart/Mykhailiuk --- I'm still holding onto hope for PG13
    Lonzo/???

Good depth with multiple players who can play multiple positions.
    -Wagner can play both PF and C
    -Kuzma can play both PF and SF
    -Randle can play both PF and C
    -PG13 can play both SG and SF
    -Hart can play both SG and SF

Only thing missing is a backup PG. I dunno who you add from free-agency. I also prefer Kuzma in 6th man role off bench so we need to add 1 more piece up at the 4.
    There are reports that PG is thinking of staying in OKC. If this is true , the Lakers might strike out with these Big FAs. Good news is Randle is restricted FA. Hopefully nobody would be crazy to offer him the super max.
    I like Avery Bradley and maybe Redick for another 1 year deal, Shabazz Napier as a backup PG

Quote Originally Posted by tamaraw08
    There are reports that PG is thinking of staying in OKC. If this is true , the Lakers might strike out with these Big FAs. Good news is Randle is restricted FA. Hopefully nobody would be crazy to offer him the super max.
    I like Avery Bradley and maybe Redick for another 1 year deal, Shabazz Napier as a backup PG
    KCP >>>> all those players. I'd rather resign him on another one year deal than any of those guys.

Quote Originally Posted by tamaraw08
    I don't think PG13 will stay in OKC. I know we all expected Melo to opt in, but it still hurts them. I believe PG is gone.

Also, Magic said if they can't draw in a big free-agent this summer or next summer, he is resigning from his position. I have a feeling he knows something that we don't for him to proclaim something like that publicly.

Redick I can't see signing for another 1yr deal. He is at a point in age where his best bet is to sign a long-term deal. He is not getting too many more chances at that even as a jumpshooter.

I was thinking earlier.. What if we could trade Ingram or Kuzma just to dump Deng? ..another Russell to Nets deal. It would free up ton of money. It would clear the books. Of course, I would only do this if I can get some sort of guarantee out of both LeBron/PG13.
    I wouldn't mind offering a long-term deal to JJ Redick. Randle/LeBron/PG/Redick/Lonzo with Ingram or Kuzma off the bench would be a great team. We would still have a full MLE available to get a backup pg -- Shabazz Napier maybe? or Fred VanVleet?

Randle/Zubac/Bryant
    LeBron/Ingram or Kuzma/Wagner
    PG13/Ingram or Kuzma/Bonga
    Redick/Hart/Mykhailiuk
    Lonzo/VanVleet

Pass on LeBron please.. We just gotta be patient for one more year and we can have this squad:

PG: Ingram | Ball
    SG: George | Hart
    SF: Leonard | Mykhaliuk
    PF: Kuzma | Gibson
    C: Randle | Wagner

I've watched my team win 10 titles, i don't mind waiting one more summer.
    in fact i like the idea not giving spurs any young talent.

Adrian Wojnarowski @wojespn
    The Spurs are fully engaged in trade talks with several teams on Kawhi Leonard, including the Lakers and Celtics, league sources tell ESPN. Boston has long had the assets that the Spurs most covet in a potential Leonard trade.

NBA lottery pick

Here's what I don't like about waiting on Kawhi though. If he goes to the Celtics they have a really good team. He might win a championship and really like it there. Also, by getting him now it sways getting PG and Lebron to the Lakers possibly. Then they can get people on minimum deals around them. Maybe even Lopez on the cheap.

NBA lottery pick

Interesting workout video of Ingram. https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/...icah-lancaster
    Of course we're not sure if he'll be a Laker next week or not, but anyway around it good to see he's improving. It would almost be a shame to see him go although obviously Kawhi is a better player at this point and still very young as well.

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    Here's what I don't like about waiting on Kawhi though. If he goes to the Celtics they have a really good team. He might win a championship and really like it there. Also, by getting him now it sways getting PG and Lebron to the Lakers possibly. Then they can get people on minimum deals around them. Maybe even Lopez on the cheap.
    Posted this in general forum:

The more I think about it, the more I realize we should hold onto Kuzma/Ingram/Ball. We are better off pursuing PG13/LeBron/possibly Cousins trio (I don't think Cousins will work out). Kawhi is way too costly to acquire from Spurs in a trade & I worry coming off huge injury so best to just forget it.

Invite LeBron and PG13 to same meeting with Magic/Pelinka/Kobe/Kareem/Shaq/Luke.. Pitch a LeBron+PG duo plan. Then bring in Cousins in a separate meeting just to see how he is doing and his asking price. I don't expect Cousins to work because he is still in his prime & will have high asking price + coming off huge injury. I would be willing to listen, but there is always keeping Randle as the backup plan.

All things considered, I expect...
    Randle/Zubac/Bryant
    LeBron/Kuzma/Wagner
    Ingram/Kuzma/Bonga
    PG/Hart/Mykhailiuk
    Lonzo/Hart

I would offer max for LeBron (35mil) and 30mil/yr for PG - both for 4yrs if they want it or 1yr if they want to re-up next summer for 5yrs. Then re-sign Randle. That team is young and has potential beyond LeBron. No injury risks.

Edit: It's all contingent on what other teams offer Randle. We obviously shouldn't match 25mil/yr for him from say Dallas. If Randle gets taken off the table, we could offer Cousins for $15mil/1yr deal then re-up him for 4-5yrs at 30mil next summer.
    Last edited by bladefd; 06-29-2018 at 06:07 PM.

NBA lottery pick

Yeah, it's kinda tough to give up on Ingram at this point. He's getting to the point where he's almost putting up Kawhi numbers. He's longer. Kawhi is bigger. Kawhi shoots outside better still and is the better defender. I think Ingram is capable of putting up over 20ppg though so he could be right there in scoring. Still Kawhi is likely a future Hall Of Famer. I'm not sure we can say that about Ingram. He has an opportunity to get there, but it's still a roll of the dice. Kawhi is proven as a #1 option on a championship team already. At the end of the day to get a really good player one has to be given up too. I think the Lakers can offer up either Kuzma or Ingram, just not both. Try to find a 1st round pick and give them Hart (who they like). I can't imagine the Celtics are going to offer the world. Philly's offer doesn't include better players. Saric and Covington are nice but I think Kuzma or Ingram would be better.