Page 1 of 15 123411 ... LastLast

Default Mortal Kombat 2011 Discussion

Koming April 19th, 2011

Mortal Kombat is koming home in April 2011. In just about four short months players will be able to master all new fatalities and combos, and on the PS3 take Kratos for a spin against their favorite Mortal Kombat fighters. Also launching alongside the the standard edition of the game are two special edition versions, the Kollector’s Edition and Tournament Edition.

The Kollector’s Edition will come packed with the game, a collectible art book, DLC for Mortal Kombat Klassic Costume Skins and avatar costumes, along with Sub-Zero and Scorpion figurines. The Tournament Edition will come with the game, DLC, and a fight stick. The Tournament Edition will be limited to 20,000 copies in North America.

The game, Kollector’s Edition, and Tournament Edition should be available at most retailers. There are, however, some retailer-specific pre-order bonuses. Those who pre-order at GameStop will get the original Scorpion Fatality and the Klassic Scorpion Playable Character Skin. Best Buy pre-orders come with the original Sub-Zero Fatality and the Klassic Sub-Zero Playable Character Skin. Amazon pre-orders then get the original Reptile Fatality and the Klassic Reptile Playable Character Skin.

http://gamerant.com/mortal-kombat-re...s-spice-57046/
    Characters(complete roster, leaked selection screen at post #43):

Baraka
    Cyrax
    Ermac
    Goro (Non-playable)
    Human Smoke
    Jade
    Jax
    Johnny Cage
    Kabal
    Kano
    Kitana
    Kung Lao
    Liu Kang
    Mileena
    Nightwolf
    Noob Saibot (SICK NEW GAMEPLAY FOOTAGE: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJJGb...&feature=feedf )
    Quan Chi
    Raiden
    Reptile
    Scorpion
    Sektor
    Shao Kahn (Non-Playable)
    Shang Tsung
    Sheeva
    Sindel
    Sonya Blade
    Stryker
    Sub-Zero

Also, Kratos from God of War will be a playable character exclusively on the PS3.

Can't wait for this game. There will be a 9 part web series released from the director who did that badass MK short leading up to, or shortly after the release of the game. Should be interesting. For those who missed that short, here's a link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cs3ROFNxa5M
    Last edited by Undisputed; 03-28-2011 at 05:54 PM.

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Default Re: Mortal Kombat 2011 Discussion

It was between this and MvC3 for me.

Mortal Kombat definitely looks like it's heading in the right direction and it looks amazing. But with it's past couple results, I have way more faith in Capcom to deliver on the gameplay.

I still might get this sometime but definitely not an insta-buy.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
    It was between this and MvC3 for me.

Mortal Kombat definitely looks like it's heading in the right direction and it looks amazing. But with it's past couple results, I have way more faith in Capcom to deliver on the gameplay.

I still might get this sometime but definitely not an insta-buy.
    This game will be nothing like the past couple Mortal Kombat games. More funding for this one under Warner Brothers ownership and back to everything people loved about Mortal Kombat 1, 2, and 3. It's a safe buy if you loved the older MK's.

yeah saw the trailer and some gameplay, looks great, I like the throwback aspect, also cool Xray super combos. I like also that they brought back weapons

Kollectors edition it is.

I thought they said MK was dead and they'd be starting it up again with all new characters and such?

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong
    I thought they said MK was dead and they'd be starting it up again with all new characters and such?
    That was the plan before Midway went broke. That idea you're talking about got thrown out and they ended up making Mortal Kombat Vs. DC Universe, which wasn't exactly what the creative team wanted. Midway hoped to hit big with the help of DC characters like Batman, Superman, and The Joker...obviously their plan failed. That's happens when you make a bad game.

When Warner Bros. ultimately bought Midway's assets, they decided to reboot the franchise instead of scraping all characters. In my opinion, the route they're going with this game just seems perfect. The roster is awesome right now, and there's still some characters unannounced and promised DLC.

i can't wait to see how the online play works, i was a huge fan of umk3 for the nintendo ds.

Here's a video of one of Liu Kang's fatalities. The video quality sucks, but oh well. Not the best fatality I've seen for this game, but still pretty cool.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvUAg...layer_embedded

Quote Originally Posted by code green
    i can't wait to see how the online play works, i was a huge fan of umk3 for the nintendo ds.
    The focus of the game is supposedly the multiplayer, so hopefully it's good. I heard some talk about being able to give someone "Respect points" in this game, which sounds like an interesting idea for a fighting game multiplayer.
    Last edited by Undisputed; 02-20-2011 at 07:58 PM.

A new character is said to be revealed next Thursday(March 3rd) on Game Trailer TV. That's on Spike for those who don't know. Not sure how offiicial that news is, can't remember where I read it yesterday.

Also, Australia has banned Mortal Kombat. Finally there's controversy involved with MK again, looks like they're on the right track. This really sucks for Aussie MK fans, but there's always ways for them to get the game anyway.

[QUOTE]In a move that will surprise nobody, Australia's Classification Board has ruled to ban Mortal Kombat, judging that its Fatality moves are too gruesome to qualify for the country's highest age rating, MA 15+.

"We are extremely disappointed that Mortal Kombat, one of the world

Quote Originally Posted by Undisputed
    A new character is said to be revealed next Thursday(March 3rd) on Game Trailer TV. That's on Spike for those who don't know. Not sure how offiicial that news is, can't remember where I read it yesterday.

Also, Australia has banned Mortal Kombat. Finally there's controversy involved with MK again, looks like they're on the right track. This really sucks for Aussie MK fans, but there's always ways for them to get the game anyway.

http://www.destructoid.com/shock-mor...a-195028.phtml

Australia's highest rating for games is MA 15+? That's really pathetic.

We're trying to get classification for r rated games..

it's been going on for a while though.. who knows when it'll happen..

Quote Originally Posted by Brujesino

That's the best one I've seen thus far. Can only imagine what else we're going to see from the fatalities in this game. Good find, I haven't seen that one.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Undisputed

http://www.destructoid.com/shock-mor...a-195028.phtml

Australia's highest rating for games is MA 15+? That's really pathetic.
    Yeah sucks that they refused classification but eh just add it to the list Hopefully they get their shit together and start allowing a higher rating for games, seems like it's only a matter of time now.

Btw the explanation on that article you linked was funny, the way they were portraying those fatalities in a serious way

Quote Originally Posted by Brujesino
    Apparently its a fan made fatality Still looks really good.