Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: Anyone rooting for Sterling?

Quote Originally Posted by dannysc305
    Fvck Sterling apologists
    Even Sterling isnt apologizing for his comments. Apologist dont think it's odd he didnt make the same excuses? Even his "wife" staright up rebuked him.

This guy has a repeated history of blatant racism and discrimination and people are really trying to infer something different? What is wrong with yall?

Root for Sterling if you like. He is done. If the owners fail to remove him, the players and fans will see to it that he is gone. I dont care either way. Sounds like this was a long time coming.
    Last edited by navy; 05-01-2014 at 02:20 AM.

Banned

The funny thing is that I brought this up in another forum and told them to write a summary of what Sterling said and nothing racist was said.

Just like my example from my post before. Write a summary and you will realize he didn't say anything wrong.

This navy guy is one retarded mother****er. Keep building those straw men.

There are no argument to be had. I honestly dont care. Sterling has a well documented history of this sort of thing, it really should have happened sooner. Sterling is done. He will removed by vote or by boycott and my life and his will change very little because of it.

Root for him, make excuses for him, think he's not a racist, or whatever. Blame it on his old age or his gold digging girlfriend. It really doesnt matter.
    Last edited by navy; 05-01-2014 at 02:29 AM.

3-time NBA All-Star Lakers Legend#32's Avatar

Thunder fans

Sterling knew he was being taped.

But boo wooo private phone calls are private.

Quote Originally Posted by navy
    There are no argument to be had. I honestly dont care. Sterling has a well documented history of this sort of thing, it really should have happened sooner. Sterling is done. He will removed by vote or by boycott and my life and his will change very little because of it.

Root for him, make excuses for him, think he's not a racist, or whatever. Blame it on his old age or his gold digging girlfriend. It really doesnt matter.
    Stop pretending to know what is going to happen because you haven't got a ****ing clue.

And you 'don't care' but he is deffo gonna be removed for something of which the specifics 'don't matter'- do you know how stupid you sound? When you are talking about a $1 billion asset, you aren't forcing anything without a ton of litigation, and if you can't understand that then you're a complete retard.

Quote Originally Posted by Dresta
    Stop pretending to know what is going to happen because you haven't got a ****ing clue.

And you 'don't care' but he is deffo gonna be removed for something of which the specifics 'don't matter'- do you know how stupid you sound? When you are talking about a $1 billion asset, you aren't forcing anything without a ton of litigation, and if you can't understand that then you're a complete retard.
    A retard? Dresta maddddd

Quote Originally Posted by KyleKong
    A retard? Dresta maddddd
    'there are no argument to be had' says Mr. Clairvoyant over there

Dont be an idiot. Sterling is damaged goods. Any involvement he has with the league will be detrimental.

Which is why this "argument" doesnt matter. Let's say for argument sake Sterling was NOT being racist in the tape. You really think the NBA is going to rescind it's punishment? The Clippers players are going to open up back to Sterling? The NBA players are going to sit around and ignore that this ever happened? The Clippers sponsors will return? The perception of Sterling will change into a positive? No. On all accounts. He is done. He has no legs to stand on. Now his entire history is being slowly but surely exposed.

This is why this argument doesnt matter. Sterling is done.

But feel free to infer man. Well he wasn't really being racist here I mean, he lives in a racist culture, has racist friends and perpetuates such nonsense. But he isnt a racist himself. Everyone around him just is.
    Last edited by navy; 05-01-2014 at 02:42 AM.

Banned

Navy dude is just

The media and all this outrage have clouded everyone's mind. Suddenly they can't think for themselves.

Notice how Navy dude just goes "I don't care!" "He has to sell!" "He is a racist!" without having to put some thought on why this is happening and the ramifications it is going to have on the NBA and how privacy, media conglomerates and public perception is going to fvck with us.

Once, again, the nation is divided. First it was Martin/Zimm and now its for or against Sterling.

People should wake up. Rascism exists everyday. Sterling is a scapegoat.

This is the same league that stripped a city of its team. As soon as Sterling made these comments and sponsorships started to stay away, is when the NBA had to step in. Public pressure forced them to ban Sterling and the lost of money, which they can actually make back in no time. The NBA is pretty spineless in how they succumb to public pressure.

What you apologists are failing to understand here is that this is entirely a P.R. move by outsting Sterling.

Did what Sterling say was wrong? Yes.

Did the Media make it national news past the 24 hours news cycle? Yes.

Were players protesting? Yes.

Was this detrimental to the future of the Clippers? Yes.

Silver is protecting his brand, nothing more.

Sterling is not a racist at all.
    Donald Sterling's latest act of racism is far from his first. To fully grasp how loathsome the Los Angeles Clippers owner's bigotry is and the extent to which it influences his personal and professional life, we've collected a selection of the worst statements attributed to Sterling.

I wanna know why you think you can coach these ******s.
    (To potential coach Rollie Massimino, 1983)

That's because of all the blacks in this building, they smell, they're not clean.
    (To a property supervisor, 2002, sworn testimony.)

And it's because of all of the Mexicans that just sit around and smoke and drink all day.
    (Ibid.)

I don't like Mexican men because they smoke, drink and just hang around the house.
    (Ibid.)

Is she one of those black people that stink? [...] Just evict the bitch.
    (Ibid.)

I'm offering a lot of money for a poor black kid.
    (On negotiations to sign Danny Manning, 1988, allegedly in David Stern's presence.)

I don't have to spend any more money on them, they will take whatever conditions I give them and still pay the rent.
    (On Koreans, sworn testimony.)

According to former general manger Elgin Baylor, Sterling envisioned a "Southern Plantation type structure" for the Clippers, one in which, as he allegedly put it to Baylor, "poor black boys from the South" played for a white head coach.
    (2009.)

Why are you taking pictures with minorities? Why? It's like talking to an enemy. Hispanics feel certain things towards blacks. Blacks feel certain things toward other groups [...] It will always be that way. [...] It bothers me a lot that you're associating with black people. [...] You're supposed to be a delicate white or a delicate Latina girl. [...] You don't have to have yourself walking with black people.
    (2014.)

In 2009 Sterling was subject to the largest housing discrimination lawsuit payout ever, related to his attempts to evict blacks and Hispanics from his properties. In 2011 he testified that he did not know Hall of Famer Elgin Baylor had been a basketball player at the time Baylor was hired by the Clippers. That same year, he celebrated Black History Month in the wrong month.

Other Sterling lowlights:

In 2011, he refused to cover a Clippers assistant coach's prostate cancer treatment, forcing NBA players to pay for it. Players complained Sterling brought women into the locker room while they were showering, and told the women to "look at those beautiful black bodies."

Oh, and then there's all the sexual harassment lawsuits and Sterling's demands that women "let me put it in [...] or suck on it."

When you pay a woman for sex, you are not together with her. You're paying her for a few moments to use her body for sex. Is it clear? Is it clear?
    (Sterling's own sworn testimony, 2003.)

ESPN's Bomani Jones wrote, "It was fun to laugh at Donald Sterling when he was a joke. Now that we know what he's up to when he's being serious, he deserves a lot more attention."

Jones wrote those words in 2006.

Quote Originally Posted by navy
    Dont be an idiot. Sterling is damaged goods. Any involvement he has with the league will be detrimental.

Which is why this "argument" doesnt matter. Let's say for argument sake Sterling was NOT being racist in the tape. You really think the NBA is going to rescind it's punishment? The Clippers players are going to open up back to Sterling? The NBA players are going to sit around and ignore that this ever happened? The Clippers sponsors will return? The perception of Sterling will change into a positive? No. On all accounts. He is done. He has no legs to stand on. Now his entire history is being slowly but surely exposed.

This is why this argument doesnt matter. Sterling is done.
    If he continues to refuse to sell and claims devaluation of his asset then this will likely not be going away for a long time. Maybe the NBA will cough up several hundred million dollars of compensation, but i can't see them wanting to do that. We will see, but it is a murky area, and you haven't got a clue what's going to happen, so stop pretending.

You also seem to be oblivious that plenty weren't arguing about the outcome at all, but what a joke this media witch hunt has been, with everyone piling in left, right, and center to show who can act the most outraged. I personally dislike such extreme social pressure being exerted over a taped private conversation containing no illegal activity, regardless of who it is aimed at. Some of the people that own EPL football teams are much worse human beings than Donald Sterling, yet no one cares, and they have no problems getting lucrative sponsorship deals

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sterling is bad for business. That's the reason he was removed. Has nothing to do with privacy rights.

And it's not like there is no precedence for this.