Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Pau Gasol is the MVP of the Bulls

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceJam

Literally the stupidest logic I have heard
    why is that? its not parallel to your conventional thinking?

Quote Originally Posted by nathanjizzle
    butler, 50 percent win record when hes leading in scoring or assists, rose 8-3 leading in assists 2-2 in scoring, paus numbers were better aswell. and im not looking at stats, i watch the game and i know basketball and where the impact is. you just dont know dude.
    What kind of logic is this?

I rule the local playground

Quote Originally Posted by ballinhun8
    Portis has made one of our bigs expendable.

I wanna see a package of one of those guys with Snell for an upgrade at the wing position.
    Think the warriors would give up Barnes for Gibson, Snell and draft picks?

actually it makes perfect "logic"

whenever rose is the leading scorer for the team, or the leading assist player, the bulls have a higher chance of winning the game than average, above 65% chance. This goes for pau gasol to.

however, with butler, when hes taking most of the shots and scoring the most out of any player on the team, or making the most assists, the bulls are only winning 50 percent of the games.

he might be producing alot, but its more of empty stats and worst leadership than rose and pau's.

did i make it pretty simple to understand for you inbreds?
    Last edited by nathanjizzle; 12-29-2015 at 12:10 AM.

can't believe this was kobes teammate

Bulls | Bears | W. Sox ballinhun8's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BIG FURB
    Think the warriors would give up Barnes for Gibson, Snell and draft picks?

Don't know if we'd add draft picks to that deal. Isn't Barnes going to be a FA as well so not sure we would give more than those two guys for a rental.

But Harnes is an intriguing prospect. He and Butler on the wings. That could wreak havoc.

Learning to shoot layups

Quote Originally Posted by nathanjizzle
    actually it makes perfect "logic"

whenever rose is the leading scorer for the team, or the leading assist player, the bulls have a higher chance of winning the game. This goes for pau gasol to.

however, with butler, when hes taking most of the shots and scoring the most out of any player on the team, or making the most assists, the bulls are only winning 50 percent of the games.

he might be producing alot, but its more of empty stats and worst leadership than rose and pau's.

did i make it pretty simple to understand for you inbreds?
    That's a logical fallacy. You use the event that when Jimmy Butler is the leading scorer or assister he is the reason why the teams record is 50% when he does that. You cannot provide that assumption because you do not have further information or context . So it's doesn't show correlation equals causation. Your logic in showing Rose is better is flawed and weak.

Quote Originally Posted by T_L_P
    I disagree with him being their best player because he's poor defensively and his style of offense this year is a tough blend for the other Bulls bigs (especially Noah who needs to be moving to be effective, and Pau isn't an especially willing passer), but any sort of "he's done" talk is and was stupid. D'Antoni was putting him in all of the wrong spots.
    This.
    nikkas always ignore Paus defense. Dude has cement for feet and his pickandroll coverage is terrible and killed alot of what made the Bulls team defense special. Ppl look at his blocked shots and hes not even an impactful rim protector even

then they point to those Memphis defenses and say he anchored it even tho it was their stacked perimeter defense which had Battier playing DPOY level defense along with other great perimeter defenders like Jones

Even on LA they had no true anchor on defense. It started with Lamars versatility allowing for them to do different things on defense, plus Kobe and Ariza or Metta on the wings

True Lakers fan never claim Pau was done.

Fken Mike D' Antoni had Pau shooting 3s... fken D' Antoni

Good High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by Hamtaro CP3KDKG
    This.
    nikkas always ignore Paus defense.
    Bulls are a Top 5 defensive team this year.

Gasol is tied for #2 in mpg on the team and plays nearly 10+ more minutes per game then any other big.

A sizable on/off sample (800 on / 500 off) shows that the Bulls have been worse defensively when Gasol is off the court.

But yeah Pau is a bad defender because "you say so" lol.

And Pau was a borderline elite defender during his Peak years (08-10) and a very good defender during his early Prime years.
    Your agenda is obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaqTwizzle

Gasol is tied for #2 in mpg on the team and plays nearly 10+ more minutes per game then any other big.

A sizable on/off sample (800 on / 500 off) shows that the Bulls have been worse defensively when Gasol is off the court.

And Pau was a borderline elite defender during his Peak years (08-10) and a very good defender during his early Prime years.
    Your agenda is obvious.

Good High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceJam
    Shutup dummy.
    Even in Pau's early years he was an excellent PnR/rotational defender thanks to his length, excellent mobility/quickness and high BBIQ.

He was also a great rim-protector.

His only weakness in his early years defensively was that he lacked some strength and so stronger guys could bully him at times.

From 08-10 he bulked up and became a great m2m defender and had basically zero weaknesses defensively during that time.

From frustrating Howard in the 09 Finals to Boozer and other bigs during those runs he displayed excellent m2m defense to go along with his normally elite rim-protection and his excellent PnR/rotational defense.

Pau was absolutely an elite defender from 08-10 and a very good defender before that.
    He was by far the best defender on the 09/10 LAL squads and the most valuable/key component of their team defense.
    Last edited by ShaqTwizzle; 12-29-2015 at 12:31 AM.

5-time NBA All-Star

Love his disdain for Lebron here.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31ZkVuQs-J0

Quote Originally Posted by ShaqTwizzle

Your agenda is obvious.
    This is horrible logic. You understand that the Bulls were elite defensively with Boozer getting big minutes right? Just because you play a decent amount on a good-great defensive team does NOT make you a good-great defensive player. It just means the team was able to hide your deficiencies. Silly that that has to be explained.

Maybe watch some Bulls games instead of pimping some dumb on/off stats to push your agenda. Pau has been garbage defensively for the Bulls. Hamtaro is spot on. He is laughably slow laterally, straight up doesn't care to position himself unless its a direct stationary contest at the rim (hence his block totals). He is a disaster on PnRs and quick guards light him up again and again and again.

Good High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    Just because you play a decent amount on a good-great defensive team does NOT make you a good-great defensive player..
    I understand that but the Bulls have been a very good defensive team, his on/off numbers have been good and he plays many more minutes then any other big on the team.

I could be wrong... but so far the only evidence from the detractors has been... nothing except just saying he is bad.
    I would just like some evidence that is all.

I can respect your opinions which you base on the eye-test but that alone is not enough to truly convince me.
    Last edited by ShaqTwizzle; 12-29-2015 at 02:19 AM.