Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Pau Gasol is the MVP of the Bulls

Quote Originally Posted by beastee
    Never said that. Gasol is a big part. But Rose is getting 20ppg on 47% shooting since the mask came off. You keep saying he sucks, but haven't been paying attention lately.
    i said gasols their best player.. no mention of rose in this thread. Lower your meltdown boy

15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

He was playing out of position in 13/14 and beefing with Dantoni over play style.

Most of the "he's done" talk was due to his poor performances in the playoffs after 2010, he hasn't averaged more than 14 ppg in the playoffs since then. He beasted in the regular season last year and I think most people knew that a new team with a different style would help Pau have a good year. He's been much less efficient this year though

No fan of the Lakers were saying Gasol was done. It was all the Kobe fans.

National High School Star beastee's Avatar

Gasol is very good. He is not their best player. That is Butler. Pau is a soft ass defender and unless he gets in rhythm in the first quarter, he doesn't make maximum impact. But whatever your lame ass agenda is...carry on with your alt family...

No he isn't. Guy is going to fold in the playoffs again.

Jimmy had a bad game, but his teammates stepped up especially Rose, Snell, and rookie Portis. He's still a 20/5/4 threat with elite defense all year.

Lol @ Gasol being the best player.

ive already said this, up until this point in the season, gasol has been the bulls best player. 2nd is rose and butler is 3rd. however, rose is shaping up and looks like he will take the number 1 spot again. In the last 3 games he sure has.

Good High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
    Guy is going to fold in the playoffs again.
    Who says he folded last year?
    I thought he was actually pretty good in the 2015 playoffs up until he got injured.

1st round (6 game series)

*Struggles with his scoring over the first 2 games (11-ppg)
    However he also averages [COLOR="DarkRed"]14.5-rpg / 3.5-apg / 3.5-bpg[/COLOR] as the Bulls win both games.

Over the last 4 games he averaged [COLOR="DarkRed"]19 / 11 / 4-apg on 65%TS[/COLOR]
    He also averaged 1.8-bpg.

Bulls advance.
    Pretty damn impressive series honestly.

2nd round VS Cleveland

Starts out the series with a[COLOR="DarkRed"] 21 / 10 / 4-ast / 4-blk game on 64%TS[/COLOR] game.
    Bulls win that game and start the series up 1-0.

Then he gets injured in G2 and is no longer relevant for the rest of the playoffs.
    The injury is an unfortunate black mark but up until then he was having a pretty damn solid playoff run.
    Last edited by ShaqTwizzle; 12-28-2015 at 11:47 PM.

Bulls | Bears | W. Sox ballinhun8's Avatar

Portis has made one of our bigs expendable.

I wanna see a package of one of those guys with Snell for an upgrade at the wing position.

His resurgence is surprising to me. I thought dude was done at the end of his Lakers tenure.

I disagree with him being their best player because he's poor defensively and his style of offense this year is a tough blend for the other Bulls bigs (especially Noah who needs to be moving to be effective, and Pau isn't an especially willing passer), but any sort of "he's done" talk is and was stupid. D'Antoni was putting him in all of the wrong spots.

Pau is solid offensively but defensively he is complete garbage. I watched most of that Bulls Mavs game a couple days ago and Pau literally didn't give a shit defensively. Free layup after layup, dude got lit up like Utah Enes Kanter. Im happy he's still producing offensively but overall he's really nowhere near what his stats suggest. He's not even close to their best player imo.
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanjizzle
    ive already said this, up until this point in the season, gasol has been the bulls best player. 2nd is rose and butler is 3rd. however, rose is shaping up and looks like he will take the number 1 spot again. In the last 3 games he sure has.
    Complete nonsense. Butler has been the Bulls' best player. You putting Rose above him for the year just goes to show you're not a true Bulls fan, but a Rose stan.

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    Complete nonsense. Butler has been the Bulls' best player. You putting Rose above him for the year just goes to show you're not a true Bulls fan, but a Rose stan.
    butler, 50 percent win record when hes leading in scoring or assists, rose 8-3 leading in assists 2-2 in scoring, paus numbers were better aswell. and im not looking at stats, i watch the game and i know basketball and where the impact is. you just dont know dude.

Quote Originally Posted by nathanjizzle
    butler, 50 percent win record when hes leading in scoring or assists, rose 8-3 leading in assists 2-2 in scoring, paus numbers were better aswell. and im not looking at stats, i watch the game and i know basketball and where the impact is. you just dont know dude.

Literally the stupidest logic I have heard

Good High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by T_L_P
    he's poor defensively
    Why do you think that?

Gasol is basically tied for 2nd on his team in mpg with everyone else being nearly 10+ minutes below him and the Bulls are a Top 5 defensive team this year.

on/off stats also show that opposing teams have shot worse and have had a lower ORTG when he has been on the court.

Were he a poor defender I wouldn't expect such results.
    I haven't followed Pau much this year but based on his rim-protection stats, some on-off stats and the success of the Bulls team defense relative to the league this year I have a hard time believing he has been a poor or even an average defender.

For those saying he has been bad defensively can you provide some actual evidence other then just cherry picked eye-test kinda stuff?