Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
    Cali Love

Question The 76ers officially trade 2 second round-picks for ISH Smith

Philly has officially acquired Ish Smith from the Pelicans in exchange for two second-round picks. Scored 14 pts in his debut.

Tony Wroten got waived

Banned

Default Re: The 76ers officially trade 2 second round-picks for ISH Smith

Sup fatboy

Goddamn I was looking at his ESPN page, and he's played for 10 teams since 10-11! And the 76ers twice!

If you don't actually look at the years, you'd think he was a hardened veteran in this league.

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/stats/_/id/4305/ish-smith

Quote Originally Posted by Collie
    Goddamn I was looking at his ESPN page, and he's played for 10 teams since 10-11! And the 76ers twice!

If you don't actually look at the years, you'd think he was a hardened veteran in this league.

and had had the 4th best NBA career off just that one years wake forest team. I told everybody and their brother that that team would win it all and they totally flopped for what I thought their talent was.

James Johnson
    Fariq-Aminu
    Jeff Teague
    Ish

They had a couple other good players too and all the parts. How where they not better?

NBA lottery pick

He's actually got pretty solid stats this year, he might actually make philly better.

The Magic are a trash HylianNightmare's Avatar

Tony wroten gonna get picked up

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dhsilv
    He's actually got pretty solid stats this year, he might actually make philly better.
    Maybe, but what a stupid trade. Makes no sense from a strategic standpoint and is only about the perception.

Hinkie is getting screwed here...he told everyone what was going on, but he didn't put enough time into really explaining it to get some of the media/fans on his side.

Just a stupid stupid stupid trade.

Unless of course Ish turns out to be something completely different than every indicator we have says he is.

Being as tho Sixers are as bad as you can get, Ish making them better isn't saying much. I think he is what he is, just a guy who happens to be better than anything Sixers have had at PG, who had a good chemistry with Noel (helped him last night). Seems Hinkie always wanted to keep Ish, but Ish had other plans which was weird accepting a non guaranteed contract with Wizards.

Sixers may look more watchable now than before but overall end result will still be the same. Bottom 2 record.

Sixers now have no second rd picks in 2016 or 2017

Sixers traded 2 2nd rounders for a player they could have resigned

NBA lottery pick

If that is the price for Ish Smith then maybe the Lakers can get their pick back in exchange for Clarkson.

Quote Originally Posted by Jameerthefear
    Sixers traded 2 2nd rounders for a player they could have resigned
    They tried to resign him, he turned down their offer and went with a non guaranteed contract. You've been educated, you're welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    They tried to resign him, he turned down their offer and went with a non guaranteed contract. You've been educated, you're welcome.
    They could have tripled his money if they wanted to. They're far under the cap. They didn't and paid for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jameerthefear
    They could have tripled his money if they wanted to. They're far under the cap. They didn't and paid for it.
    Huh? You laughed at the idea Sixers could have just signed Ish this summer but Ish turned down the Sixers offer. He didn't want to play there. Why would we overpay dramatically as you're implying for a guy who is a backup PG at best?

You don't acknowledge he went to the Wizards agreeing to a NON GUARANTEED deal only to get waived and picked up by the Pelicans who traded him. This was all done in a short time span.

You don't make sense, hold this L. Your reply should have been "Ok, I didn't realize Sixers offered him a deal and he rejected it. Thanks". And we move on.

But hey if you want to keep going? I'll hand you more L's than my Sixers have.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Huh? You laughed at the idea Sixers could have just signed Ish this summer but Ish turned down the Sixers offer. He didn't want to play there. Why would we overpay dramatically as you're implying for a guy who is a backup PG at best?

You don't acknowledge he went to the Wizards agreeing to a NON GUARANTEED deal only to get waived and picked up by the Pelicans who traded him. This was all done in a short time span.

You don't make sense, hold this L. Your reply should have been "Ok, I didn't realize Sixers offered him a deal and he rejected it. Thanks". And we move on.

But hey if you want to keep going? I'll hand you more L's than my Sixers have.
    You guys just overpaid anyways jackass. You gave up 2 2nd rounders for a backup. You could have made an offer he couldn't reject and just triple his money, but they didn't and then make a dumb trade to get a player that they'll have for what, 50 games? Pels gave him a million, he's not rejecting $3m. Screwup by Hinkie and his jackasses in the FO

[QUOTE=Jameerthefear]You guys just overpaid anyways jackass. You gave up 2 2nd rounders for a backup.[/qupte]

2nd rd picks = crap shoot. The majority of 2nd rd picks actually work discussing is small. I challenge you to list the past 3 drafts of second rd picks worthy of discussing. I'll start you off...

1. Jordan Clarkson

Then what I'll do is take the total number of 2nd rd picks and compare them to your final list.

OR we can bypass that and you accept yet another L in your life? You're really going to sit here and talk about second rd picks when Sixers have 3 first rd picks next draft? Where out of all the collecting of 2nd rd picks Hinkie has done we are left with just rookie Holmes and second year player Jerami Grant?

But it's your call how bad you want to get owned here. I feel like I'm on COD and facing a xmas noob.

You could have made an offer he couldn't reject and just triple his money,
    Why? We gave him an offer BETTER than the one he took in Wash. Again you refuse to acknowledge that dipshit.

Second what NBA franchise gave a journeyman triple their worth? What NBA franchise gave a player triple their worth? You dont even make sense. You're just spewing nonsense because you did not know the Sixers offered him a deal and he rejected it. You ASSumed Sixers let him walk into free agency by not attempting to keep him only to turn around and trade for him.

That pain in your chest is the L being tattooed on your chest. Wear it well.

but they didn't and then make a dumb trade to get a player that they'll have for what, 50 games?
    No they traded for a guy who will probably have a better time running Antoni system than what we have. So you go with Ish Smith/Kendall Marshall. You act like Sixers have better options at PG. Ish worked well with Noel who prior to this trade was having a bad season. Ish first game and Noel looks like he did last season when Ish came aboard. Coincidence?

Sixers have 3 first rd picks potentially 4 if Lakers pick is given up.
    Sixers will have 2 first rd picks in 2017 draft if Lakers pick isnt given up in 2016.

Whats my point? That losing a pair of second rd picks isn't the end of the world regardless how long Ish Smith is here for.

Pels gave him a million, he's not rejecting $3m. Screwup by Hinkie and his jackasses in the FO

Huh?

Thats Ish Smith career. 11 teams in 5 years. He's on pace to break Jim Jackson journey man record. He's a career backup at best. Do you even understand what that means? His upside is a backup PG, his most likely spot is 3rd PG on a depth chart. Check his stats and try to argue he is worth overpaying times 3. You now sound like an idiot.

How many L's did you take in this reply? Man I lost count.