Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: Who is the best scorer in the league?

It's between Kobe, Durant and LeBron. Kobe is the most versatile, Durant is the better shooter and LeBron is just LeBron. Melo is in the discussion but he has been unimpressive this year probably due to the wrist/back injuries.

Serious playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by Alamo
    Durant, Kobe, or Melo

Lebron might be the best overall player in the league(IMO) but I don't think he's the best scorer in the league. His only real way to score efficiently is layups and dunks.
    So Shaq was never a great scorer? All he did was scoring close to the rim, so with your logic he was not a great scorer? We are talking about scorers not shooters.

And his only way to score efficiently is layups and dunks? Really? Tell me who is the best scorer in you opinion and we will compare their numbers in 3+ feet areas.

EDIT: with Shaq I thought one of the greatest scorers of all time. He is in TOP 3 when it comes to scoring.
    Last edited by bingo123; 01-22-2012 at 02:08 PM.

DON'T FEED THE TROLL arifgokcen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkenDave
    OP clearly says best scorer, not most skilled. If 2 guys score the same amount, but one has a 12% better shooting percentage, i think its clear who is better. Why should LeBron use a lot of moves if he can just go for they easy layup/dunk. Kobe is a joy to watch, but LeBron is easily the better scorer.
    +1

DON'T FEED THE TROLL arifgokcen's Avatar

Come on people we are not talking about skilled scorer or versatile scorer.Simple question best scorer.

You have to include shot selection when it comes to best scorer.

If we were talking about most skilled scorer then ok kobe however best scorer is without a doubt lebron

Lebron is the best scorer in the league to me.

Kobe, Durant and LeBron

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    LeBron is a better scorer than Kobe right now. LeBron is scoring 30 w/o even trying. BTW why the **** you got the worst president ever in your avatar?
    i bet he can score a 100 points if he tries

Quote Originally Posted by Alamo
    Durant, Kobe, or Melo

Lebron might be the best overall player in the league(IMO) but I don't think he's the best scorer in the league. His only real way to score efficiently is layups and dunks.
    1. That can be said about how many great players? Shaq, Kareem, Wilt, Barkley, Malone, etc. scored a much bigger majority of their shots closer to the rim than LeBron. Guess they all sucked.

2. If you've watched LeBron at all since maybe, 2008, you'd realize how wrong that statement is. It's actually been 4 years since LeBron has had a good jumper, and 2 years since he's had a very strong one. Not to mention since his second year in the league, he's been a 32-35% 3 point shooter, the same percentage as players like Kobe and Rose over the last few years.

Check facts before you make terrible statements.

As for the question, this guy has asked the same question in about 5 different ways, just to get people to say anything but LeBron. It's really starting to get old. We get it, you don't like LeBron, we don't need more ways of you implying it.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Inactive
    If you threw Kobe onto a team of horrible players, and tell him to score as much as he can, I think he'd be the best scorer in the league. He can create his own shot, and shoot 40+%, in just about any situation.

If Lebron is on a team of average, or better players, he can create shots for them, so that the defense opens up a little bit. When that happens, he's able to be picky with his shot selection, and get the best balance of scoring efficiency, and volume. But if the defense is focused entirely on him, he isn't going to score as well as some other guys.
    Good post. I value consistency and to me Lebron is kind of inconsistent as far as efficiency is concerned. I think that Lebron is a pretty high variated player when it comes to efficiency.

It's like one night Lebron could shoot 60-70% from the field and then the next night he could shoot like 35-45% from the field. The averages would be somewhere in the 50-55% range but the inconsistency is annoying.

Kobe pretty much shoots like 45% every night. Every now and then he variates from 35% to 55% but he is more consistent with his efficiency more times than not.

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkenDave
    OP clearly says best scorer, not most skilled. If 2 guys score the same amount, but one has a 12% better shooting percentage, i think its clear who is better. Why should LeBron use a lot of moves if he can just go for they easy layup/dunk. Kobe is a joy to watch, but LeBron is easily the better scorer.
    How you define best scorer is in up to you. One could say the best scorer is the most skilled scorer, another could say the best scorer is the most effective scorer, and another could say the best scorer is a combination of things. There is no set rule on what the best scorer in the league means.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave3
    As for the question, this guy has asked the same question in about 5 different ways, just to get people to say anything but LeBron. It's really starting to get old. We get it, you don't like LeBron, we don't need more ways of you implying it.
    That's cool. Nobody asked you to respond or post in this thread so if you don't like, too bad.

I dont care if Bron scores all his pts on dunks, layups. The bottomline is he's not Shaq yet no one can stop it. The crap he does is like playing a video game. It feels like GOD enabled cheat codes in the NBA for Bron and I'm unsure why. You're GOD, why cheat?

Bron shoots 3's and people say he has no low post game, he should go to the post more blah blah

Bron shoots less 3's and people say he doesnt shoot 3's because he cares about his FG%.

What should the guy do? Yesterday the guy made a f*cking layup floating away from the basket while he looked into the crowd as some kid took an iPhone photo of him. Yes Bron even smiled. Go check out the highlight. Its on youtube. So I dont give a damn he didnt shoot a 3 or he isnt as efficient as Nash if he shot all over the court. All I know is there is a basket, a ball and he puts that ball in the basket better than anyone else today.

I want to kick Bron in his nuts then silent fart in his face. That ought to slow you down. F*ck Bron!

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    I dont care if Bron scores all his pts on dunks, layups. The bottomline is he's not Shaq yet no one can stop it. The crap he does is like playing a video game. It feels like GOD enabled cheat codes in the NBA for Bron and I'm unsure why. You're GOD, why cheat?

Bron shoots 3's and people say he has no low post game, he should go to the post more blah blah

Bron shoots less 3's and people say he doesnt shoot 3's because he cares about his FG%.

What should the guy do? Yesterday the guy made a f*cking layup floating away from the basket while he looked into the crowd as some kid took an iPhone photo of him. Yes Bron even smiled. Go check out the highlight. Its on youtube. So I dont give a damn he didnt shoot a 3 or he isnt as efficient as Nash if he shot all over the court. All I know is there is a basket, a ball and he puts that ball in the basket better than anyone else today.

I want to kick Bron in his nuts then silent fart in his face. That ought to slow you down. F*ck Bron!
    Repped.

Good High School Starter

kobe then kd then melo
    lebrick in the top 15

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe 4 The Win
    It should be Lebron but it's still Kobe. Kobe can give it to you any which way. Post up, insane footwork, drawing fouls, lay-up, dunk, mid-range, 3 point range, deeeeeep 3 point range. You name it. Sometimes he will force the action and take bad shots. He can make shots with insane difficulty so he is confident taking insanely difficult shots. That's his achilles heel. If he didn't do that his fg% would be a lot higher.

Lebron is so physically dominant he doesn't really need to learn more skills to put up big numbers. Because of that his game hasn't developed as much as it could have. He really doesn't have a post game, Kobe is a better shooter and Lebron goes through phases in the playoffs where he gets really passive. Lebron is bigger faster and stronger. He jumps higher shoots a higher % and is better running in transition.

Durant is the best shooter of the group and he's long so he's hard to stop when he gets going. He gets to the line quite a bit. I question his shot selection and general basketball IQ. He doesn't do much in the post and he's only been around a few years. Maybe he'll become more versatile over time but I kinda doubt it.

All three of these guys are among the best scorers the game has seen. Wade is up there too when he's not banged up and/or out of the lineup.

Quote Originally Posted by blablabla
    i bet he can score a 100 points if he tries
    I doubt it. I don't think anyone will ever reach 100 again.

Is this even arguable after watching Lebron?
    He averages like 30 ppg on 57% FG.... midrange, perimeter, paint jumpshots, hooks, fadeaways, post game, dunks, power, finesse, draw foul and1, you name it.. his scoring arsenal is better than ever... he scores easier than anybody

and he is doing it while averaging 7-8 apg and low FG attempts (compared to like Kobe right now)... now imagine how much he would average if he didnt waste his offensive possessions on setting up teammates or at least took more shots...

with that said Lebron is not a chucker aka. take a ridicilous amount of shots and ignore teammates.... so you wont see any 70++ point game from him... he is just trying to do the plays all the time..... the only time Lebron will occasionally ignore setting up a teammate is when he is on super fire, when he absolutely cant miss a single shot whatever he does, he will heatcheck until he misses at least once.... considering that, it was then the right play offensively, if you cant miss, you cant miss....

he is just doing anything necessary to win........ he is not like Kobe, Durant or Carmelo.... with that i mean he doesnt have 100% scorers mentality for the entire games, when Kobe for example grabs the ball the first thing he thinks is to Shoot/Score.... Lebron doesnt have that "score first" mindset....

but the scoring ability that he possess....... is better than anybody
    Last edited by pauk; 01-22-2012 at 04:07 PM.