Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Serious playground baller disco's Avatar

Default Re: ISH-Wide Mock Draft Picks Thread

Quote Originally Posted by fatboy11
    It's not a reason to pick Beasley. Them sorely needing a scoring big men is the reason. Hinrich just makes things easier.

People say Rose is the best player in the draft like Beasley is light years behind him. IMO, it's only because Memphis went to the national championship game. No one was saying this about Rose before the tourney. No one.
    No, but Rose developed throughout the year and was at his best in the end of the year. Beasley was great all year. Freshmen often develop during the season and I don't think it's a bad thing that Rose wasn't that great in December. What matters is where he is now, and in the tournament he proved his maturity, ability to lead and dominate in the both ends of the floor.

He run past Augustin and Collison whenever he wanted, finished against big men under the basket, showed he has developed a good shot etc. Beasley has more question marks because it's far from certain that he can do what he did against college opponents when he faces NBA PF's like Garnett. Rose, on the other hand, already is a player who will give headache to every single NBA pg. I don't think any pg in the league can match his combination of pace, strength, skills and body control. Beasley will probably become an all star, maybe be as good as LJ or Coleman were at their best, but Rose genuinely has a chance to be something really special. Better than Nash, Paul or Zeke. I think it's possible.

If you'll have Rose and Hinrich playing at guards, and Deng (who'll definitely bounce back) as a scoring three and two hard working big man,it will be a dangerous team. And possibly bringing Gordon off the bench gives you the best guard rotation in the league.

Ok, this was only my opinion and I don't claim I am great at judging talent. To me it just seems Rose is something so special he should go number one, no matter who you have in your roster.

NBA sixth man of the year

I guess that's where we differ.

While I do think Rose is the best prospect in the draft, I don't think the gap between he and Beasley is as wide as most. I think Chicago has good guards. I think they have good wing forwards. I think they have good rebounding forwards. What they obviously lack, and everyone has admitted this whether they're for Rose or for Beasley, is someone to score down low or a scoring forward. That's Beasley.

They have the top pick in the draft. That's something, either way they go, they won't have again next year. So when do they plan on getting this scoring big? Free Agency? Their cap situation does look good for the next couple of years, but that's a gamble. They've had trouble getting free agents in Chicago for whatever reason (Duncan, McGrady, even Eddie Jones, etc.). Ben Wallace has been the only big name guy they've been able to lure in recently and that blew up in their face.

I'm not saying Rose is a bad pick because I don't think they can go wrong here. Beasley just makes too much sense. Even if they did get a top pick next year, he's better than Blake Griffin and B.J. Mullens or any big who looks like they may be a lotto pick next year.

I guess I'm valuing size here. But I don't see Rose being better than Isaiah Thomas. I'm not ready to go there yet.

Good High School Starter

I agree with both of you guys. I think in the end what seperates them for the Bulls are two things.

The first is that Rose is from Chicago. If both of these guys reach their prime, Rose puts more people in the seats.

The second is attitude. Not saying Beasley has a really bad attitude, but Rose plays in a way that sets the pace for his team. I think he is a lot like Chris Paul in that regard. Sure Paul is a great talent, but so isn't Marbury. Paul has the ability to ability to push the ball and get his team motivated the way he plays. Rose seems to have that some attitude when he plays the game. He will lead by example and having the Bulls look to score quickly and often. I think you need that type of game changer to win a lot of games in today's NBA. With Beasley you get a ton of points, but I think he will be a lot like Melo in that he doesn't really seem to take over games. Of course he did in college, but I don't think a non-guard can really do that in the NBA. I think that is why you see guys like Billups/RIP, Kobe, and Parker/Manu in the conference finals. They may not be their teams best players, but they set the tone for their teams. The Celtics have one of the rare big men in KG who can set the tone for his team, but they also have Rondo who at times hit big shots and took the game into his hands to pump the Celts up a bit.

So it looks like we've stalled out here. Come on now. Let's pick up the pace.

The 76ers will take JaVale McGee.

skan72 hasn't been on in almost 4 weeks, so I will pick.

With the 17th pick of the 2008 NBA draft, the Toronto Raptors select Chase Budinger of Arizona.

With the 18th pick of the 2008 NBA draft the Washington Wizards select DeAndre Jordan of Texas A&M.

With the 19th pick in the 2008 NBA Draft, the Cleveland Cavaliers select Kosta Koufos from Ohio State

Quote Originally Posted by LBJ 4 MVP
    With the 19th pick in the 2008 NBA Draft, the Cleveland Cavaliers select Kosta Koufos from Ohio State
    Great pick, I think. A PF with strength and some scoring ability would have been ideal, but there aren't any left worth the 19th pick, and Koufos was on my opinion the best possible choice. He can contribute immediately (even though he's young) and he can play either alonside Ilgauskas or with Varejao or Wallace as the replacement for the scoring big man Ilgauskas.

I rule the local playground

with pick #20 the denver nuggets take- Alexis Ajinca 7-1 c from france- ajinca is the perfect long-term replacement for camby and complement to nene

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

I think Koufos sucks, but to each his own. We'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainOwlClub
    with pick #20 the denver nuggets take- Alexis Ajinca 7-1 c from france- ajinca is the perfect long-term replacement for camby and complement to nene
    Interesting, but possibly smart pick. However it's a bit scary that he was so bad even in under 19 games, and in Euroleague he was given a total of 4 minutes playing time last year.

Bump. Dasher, you're up.

With the 21st pick the Nets select Joe Alexander, the next Bobby Jones(76ers version).

He is blessed with great athleticism, a decent shot, and a great work ethic. He will provide depth on the wing and an insurance policy in case Boki Nachbar bolts in free agency.
    Last edited by Dasher; 05-31-2008 at 01:18 PM.

So......