Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-14-2008, 04:57 PM   #16
ShowTime LA
In it to win it

ShowTime LA is considered somewhat coolShowTime LA is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Clutch time: Best shot vs. best player to shoot ?

Depends on who the player is, if it's only a 1 point game and the player has to get a layup i'll take lebron. But, if its a 2 point game and going for the win which will force you to take a jumpshot, i'd take Kobe.
ShowTime LA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 06:12 PM   #17
Diesel J
NBA lottery pick

Diesel J has decent reputationDiesel J has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTicket
It's a topic that comes up often around here, and one that is intrinsically linked to who your favorite players is. The question is a simple one, time is running out and you're behind by 2-3 point, you have the ball, what now ? Do you send it to your top guy and let him try to do it on his own ? Or do try to create an open shot for one of your roleplayers ? Basically do you want your top guy to take a hard shot, or one of your other guys to take an easy shot ?

Personally I want the easy shot, because I think it will go in more often.

I want the BEST-SMART BASKETBALL PLAY POSSIBLE!!!. I don't want to see star players forcing contested shots over 3 players if you can easily hit the wide open player. Of course, if the star has a GOOD/HIGH % MAKABLE LOOK, he should take it.
Diesel J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 06:15 PM   #18
Diesel J
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicknamefrank
If the best player to shoot found a wide open player on the baseline, then he would pass it to them.
Lebron does that all the time. So did MJ
Therefore, it would have to be the best shot

I was looking for that video where Jordan (Wizards days) hit Popeye Jones for the game winner LOL. If someone is wide open and is capable of hitting that shot, it's only the smart basketball play to pass it to him.
Old 12-20-2008, 09:46 PM   #19
Diesel J
NBA lottery pick

Just now vs orlando, Kobe made the right play by passing it to Vujaic(sp).
Old 12-20-2008, 09:53 PM   #20
starface
Banned

starface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel J
I want the BEST-SMART BASKETBALL PLAY POSSIBLE!!!. I don't want to see star players forcing contested shots over 3 players if you can easily hit the wide open player.

agreed, and i think teams far too often give into the glamorous notion of giving it to the "star" and letting him "take over." thats all just media sensation that you have to have your best player have the ball in his hands at the end of the game. if they're smothering your top guy, then go somewhere else with it. dont force it so that he can jack up an impossible shot just so you can make sportscenter in the unlikely event it goes in. its unbelievable to me that coaches actually give in to this.
starface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 09:55 PM   #21
AirGauge23
Sound the Charge

AirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by hateraid
Best shot. Reason why I'll always remember Paxson and Kerr.

And Wennington. (to a lesser degree)
AirGauge23 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: