Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    NBA Superstar

Default Re: Someone recommend me an anime

Quote Originally Posted by moe94
    I get where they're coming from. They probably felt like the show did everything it needed to do. I mean, there wasn't really a story. It's like Seinfeld. Leave on a high note type of thing. I mean, would you have liked it to be some massive epic like DBZ/Naruto and those other shows where it's like "what happens to the crew this week!". I feel like it has a lot of replay value if you put it off for a year or so. I liked it the way it was. It sucked that ended and I did really want more but it's also nice that they didn't stretch it out for the sake of stretching it out.

Why did you hate the ending, aside from the obvious?

It's funny how Jet and the black dude from Lagoon are nearly identical lmao

felt rushed to end or sudden, overly dumb shootout to acquiesce their fans but just felt shallow and i don't know. i liked some episodes of Bebop and some imo stunk. i liked that clown guy who was unstoppable episode kind of stuff and i liked the world it was in, plus the characters generally. i mean i like Black Lagoon too but to me itsthe same thing.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Jameerthefear
    yes. there are messages in almost every piece of media ever. naruto's message isn't profound at all and Naruto is terrible at emphasizing it. it's use of flashbacks to portray emotion is one of the most annoying things in anime, and Naruto does it ALL THE TIME.

Naruto isn't really that ruthless when you watch shit like Attack on Titan or Psycho Pass

fukkin hate Attack on Titan, its like Death Note, overly depressive and drab garbage. I know Death Note is huge with anime fans but i just couldn't get into it but like i said i'm into fighting anime only really.....all of those try way too hard to be overly violent cynical and depressing...like u want to shoot yourself in the head after watching a episode. i mean if i want to buzzkill myself and take downers/depressants i'd watch that shit.

you won't ever convince me Naruto isn't deep or profound. wish i could school you with moments but i don't remember it well enough to do that, especially now. i'd have to go thru stuff to refrresh my memory but its by far the most profoundly deep anime out there with the best music in relation to emotion i've seen.

I post-up midgets magic chiongson's Avatar

bible black

Quote Originally Posted by Godzuki
    fukkin hate Attack on Titan, its like Death Note, overly depressive and drab garbage. I know Death Note is huge with anime fans but i just couldn't get into it but like i said i'm into fighting anime only really.....all of those try way too hard to be overly violent cynical and depressing...like u want to shoot yourself in the head after watching a episode. i mean if i want to buzzkill myself and take downers/depressants i'd watch that shit.

you won't ever convince me Naruto isn't deep or profound. wish i could school you with moments but i don't remember it well enough to do that, especially now. i'd have to go thru stuff to refrresh my memory but its by far the most profoundly deep anime out there with the best music in relation to emotion i've seen.
    i can literally link you to 10 different shows with moments deeper than Naruto. hell i'd argue oreimo is deeper than naruto. there isn't anything really deep about naruto.

NBA Superstar

i can literally link you to 10 different shows with moments deeper than Naruto. hell i'd argue oreimo is deeper than naruto. there isn't anything really deep about naruto.

i think you're dumb

oh well guess we'll have to agree to disagree but i'll take my perspective over yours any day of the week

i think you're dumb

oh well guess we'll have to agree to disagree but i'll take my perspective over yours any day of the week
    you'd get laughed at by anyone for saying naruto is a deep or profound anime. literally hilarious.

Good college starter

you'd get laughed at by anyone for saying naruto is a deep or profound anime. literally hilarious.
    Its not up to you to say what he found deep or not. Its a matter of personal opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by sweggeh
    Its not up to you to say what he found deep or not. Its a matter of personal opinion.
    true. i could say i found my little pony friendship is magic is deep and profound too.

NBA Superstar

well like i said the shit you reccomended me is some depressive shitty stuff to me, so have fun sitting in your room with a gun to your head

well like i said the shit you reccomended me is some depressive shitty stuff to me, so have fun sitting in your room with a gun to your head
    i didnt recommend you anything bud.

NBA Superstar

true. i could say i found my little pony friendship is magic is deep and profound too.

thing is i think i'm smarter and a lot more concise in my perspective than you are...granted its personal opinion but to say there is no profoundness or emotion in Naruto is just hating...but thats why this is headed towards personal attack stuff

thing is i think i'm smarter and a lot more concise in my perspective than you are...granted its personal opinion but to say there is no profoundness or emotion in Naruto is just hating...but thats why this is headed towards personal attack stuff
    yep. that's why you call shows targeted at pre-teens "deep" and "profound"
    kek

NBA Superstar

i didnt recommend you anything bud.

well u threw it out there, not sure what you call that

and again i get some people like it, not really trying to hate on it other than u making me, or me being honest on my OWN opinion of it...

i just know for anyone to pretend to say the things you're saying is straight up hater. a lot of people think they're above Naruto, and they always give me some of the lamest reasons for it, but again its personal taste i guess
    Last edited by Godzuki; 07-23-2014 at 04:15 PM.

NBA Superstar

yep. that's why you call shows targeted at pre-teens "deep" and "profound"
    kek

pretty sure Naruto has a following in the age 30's, at least high 20's....

but keep looking down on stuff when you live with your parents and talking about sleep overs and shit you'll be a crackhead in a few years anyways kid...

pretty sure Naruto has a following in the age 30's, at least high 20's....

but keep looking down on stuff when you live with your parents and talking about sleep overs and shit you'll be a crackhead in a few years anyways kid...
    naruto's core audience is preteens.