Local High School Star Upgrayedd's Avatar

Default Derrick Rose traded to the Knicks

It's about damn time the Bulls got rid of him. The Rose era ended in 2012 anyways. This was long overdue and time for the Bulls to go into complete rebuild mode. They should trade Jimmy Butler next to the Celtics for the third pick in the draft and then Butler can go be closer to his BFF Mark Wahlberg

Default Re: Derrick Rose traded to the Knicks

In fairness, I think Rose tried to play hard but his 16 shots yielding only 16.4 pts at a low 42% was not not good enough.
    I know Calderon has gotten old and has become a liability on defense, but at least, he shoots a pretty good 41% from the 3pt line, in fact the last time he shot below 38% was 5 years ago. His EFG% was at 55%, and even with just playing 28 mins/game he averaged around 4.5 assists with only 1.2 turnovers, last time he committed more than 2 was 6 yrs ago when he played 32 mins/game but with a good 8.9 assists/game.

NBA rookie of the year Glide2keva's Avatar

Bulls are finished, and done.

The more I'm reading about the trade the more I don't mind it at all. I don't think the Bulls got screwed. They needed to move on from Rose. It was beyond time. And they get Robin Lopez to come in at center who really isn't that bad at all. He's a solid center and now they have a replacement for Noah and Gasol who will likely leave. They get a veteran point guard in Jose Calderon and Jerian Grant who can play either guard position and is only in his second year in the league. The Bulls will likely draft another point guard tonight in the draft. So they're not going to hurt at the point guard position. The more I read the more it looks like Jimmy Butler is staying so you have the leader of the team right there and Butler plays much better without Rose than he does with Rose. A lineup of Calderon/Doug McDermott/Lopez/Butler/Mirotic isn't really that much worse than what the Bulls had last season. And the Bulls can still pull off some trades and improve the roster. They still have a pick in the draft tonight, they have Jerian Grant to come off the bench and develop and from what I've read he'll be a good fit in Fred Hoiberg's system. They still have Bobby Portis and Tony Snell and Taj Gibson (but I think they'll trade Taj) and they have Cristiano Felicio who can play either center or power forward. They can possibly do sign and trades involving Gasol and Noah so they can get something in return for them and they can still trade Taj and get something for him

This roster really isn't that much worse than the roster they had last season:

C: Lopez/Felicio
    PF: Mirotic/Portis
    SF: Doug McDermott/Snell
    SG: Butler/Jerian Grant
    PG: Calderon/draft pick

and they can still trade Taj Gibson and try and do a sign and trade involving Gasol and or Noah and get something in return for one or both of them.

I was thinking what about going after Deron Williams and having him come to the Bulls for one season?

The east is still pathetic. I could easily see that being an 8th seed team in the east
    Last edited by Upgrayedd; 06-23-2016 at 02:34 AM.

1. Jerian Grant plays point guard.
    2. With Noah and Gasol gone we can probably add a player.
    3. Hopefully we draft well

College superstar

I don't mind trading Rose, I just think they did it at the worst possible time. Rose is likely about to have his best season in a while. Bulls should have traded him last offseason, or kept him this year until January or February.

That said, I like Grant. I wish we got Galloway instead, though. And I do not like Calderon. I hope we waive or trade him ASAP. Especially now that we drafted Valentine.

Quote Originally Posted by Go Getter
    1. Jerian Grant plays point guard.
    Jerian Grant can play both guard positions which is what he'll probably do. I doubt he'll be the Bulls starting point guard this season. He'll likely come off the bench and play both point guard sometimes and shooting guard other times
    Last edited by Upgrayedd; 06-25-2016 at 06:10 AM.

Derrick Rose held a press conference yesterday for the first time since going to the Knicks. He couldn't understand why he was traded. Really? Is he that freaking dumb? How about because he's sat on the bench and barely played since 2012? I'm so glad this idiot is gone. I'm glad the Knicks can now worry about whether or not he'll even play 15-20 games this season. No more drama surrounding Derrick Rose for the Bulls

Quote Originally Posted by Upgrayedd
    Derrick Rose held a press conference yesterday for the first time since going to the Knicks. He couldn't understand why he was traded. Really? Is he that freaking dumb? How about because he's sat on the bench and barely played since 2012? I'm so glad this idiot is gone. I'm glad the Knicks can now worry about whether or not he'll even play 15-20 games this season. No more drama surrounding Derrick Rose for the Bulls
    unfortunatly for you, there will be drama with rose and the bulls the entire next season when the bulls struggle and rose is flourishing. their will be alot of regret and backlash.

Quote Originally Posted by nathanjizzle
    unfortunatly for you, there will be drama with rose and the bulls the entire next season when the bulls struggle and rose is flourishing. their will be alot of regret and backlash.
    You can't possibly be serious. Why would you even think Rose would some how return to MVP form after sitting on the bench the past several seasons? He's done. I'm so glad the Bulls can move on from the Rose era. The Rose era has actually been over with since 2012. I'm so glad we don't have to worry about whether he'll play next season or how many games he'll play in or if he'll get injured again like usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Upgrayedd
    You can't possibly be serious. Why would you even think Rose would some how return to MVP form after sitting on the bench the past several seasons? He's done. I'm so glad the Bulls can move on from the Rose era. The Rose era has actually been over with since 2012. I'm so glad we don't have to worry about whether he'll play next season or how many games he'll play in or if he'll get injured again like usual.
    youll still think about him. hes going to haunt you like an ex girlfriend that just got a new man.

Bulls | Bears | W. Sox ballinhun8's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nathanjizzle

Damn man has this not happened.

We aint that much better but we better. Rose ain't lighting it up unfortunately though. As usual, we win the trade involving the Knickerbockers.

College superstar

Rose is shooting better and taking less threes than he has since his second year in the league. His turnovers are the lowest they've ever been. His FT shooting is the highest it's ever been. Second most rebounds he's ever had. And he's already played 45 games.

He's obviously getting a lot of hate for being a black hole and a ballhog, but this is also the first time in his career that he has not been the first option on his team. I'm not really counting playing with Butler, because we all know that he likely felt that Chicago was "his team" and it's totally understandable that there was confusion, etc, as to who was supposed to be top dog. In NYK, it's clear as day that he's supposed to be #3. So chalk up his "black hole" and "ballhog" label as an adjustment period.

All in all, I'd say Rose is having his best season in a long time. And I'd guess that he'd have better numbers on the Bulls, assuming he could finally understand that he was the second option (with no Wade, of course).

I still maintain that the Bulls could have held on to him and gotten more... but what the Bulls did get is satisfactory. I'd like to see Grant get more opportunity, and I'd like to see Gibson and Wade traded to get a more modern look to the team... but all in all it's not bad.