Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    NBA lottery pick

Default Re: Pistons 2018 Off Season Moves

Blake can't save them and put up 50 every night lol. At least Cleveland and Chicago will be bad. It puts us in the top 3 of the division. I still find that overall to be mediocre. If they could pull off a trade and get another major player that would be huge. I just think we really need help at PG. Reggie will have to play lights out for this team to be good and I just don't see him as some kind of budding superstar. It'll be interesting to see what happens with Boston at the end of the month.

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    Blake can't save them and put up 50 every night lol. At least Cleveland and Chicago will be bad. It puts us in the top 3 of the division. I still find that overall to be mediocre. If they could pull off a trade and get another major player that would be huge. I just think we really need help at PG. Reggie will have to play lights out for this team to be good and I just don't see him as some kind of budding superstar. It'll be interesting to see what happens with Boston at the end of the month.
    This is certainly a glaring issue, that has been hidden by Ish playing out of his mind. Reggie is certainly not the long term answer in any sense of the word.

Another glaring issue is the development of young talent. Going back 6 years, Drummond is the only true impactful player that we've drafted. If you can't get contribution from your young players in Kennard, Stanely, and Brown / Thomas, then the future gets super bleak super fast. Especially with Blakes contract.

NBA lottery pick

Absolutely agree. Kennard was the one I had hope that might develop into something. Next thing we know he has a sling on. Luckily it's just a couple weeks, but a shoulder can definitely linger and cause issues with your shot. Stanley Johnson has shown us nothing. He's a bust. At least on everything but defense. I don't expect much from the guys they drafted this past summer. I doubt they'll even make the rotation. Ellenson we had hope for. That obviously is going nowhere.

Couple that with the fact that we have a starting back court of Reggie Bullock and Reggie Jackson and I just can't get excited about this team even when we are off to our best start in a decade. We do have one of the best front courts in the NBA. There's just 3 other positions we need major help on lol. And I see no way of making an upgrade at them.