Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Assassin's Creed: Syndicate

Quote Originally Posted by nightprowler10
    So the guy who directed Revelations and Unity was let go, right?

Anyway, I still haven't finished Rogue and still need to finish the co-op missions in Unity so there's a great chance I won't pick this up at launch since I might be burned out on too much AC.

I don't think I'll be able to play Arkham Knight until July, and as little as I play these days I might not finish that until October anyway. So yeah, there's actually a very good chance that this is my first major AC title that I don't get at launch.
    Yep he's gone.

I rule the local playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rose
    I'm weirdly enjoying Unity now like 8 months? after release. I still don't like the new climbing controls and what not though. But yeah the guy that was lead director of Revelations did Unity with his studio.

They cycle through 3 studios, so for this one it'll be the AC2 team. Which hopefully explains why there's a way better setting, new characters that appear interesting, a nice new storyline that isn't boy grows up as a son of an assassin or templar, boy wants revenge as he becomes a man. Plus they took some stuff from the Arkham games that I think will work really well in the AC universe. I'm also fairly sure that AC2 was the one that had the carriage mission in it, which could explain why that's coming back albeit as a main feature in this one.

I'm glad that it seems both are playable then, I watched the preview? when they streamed it yesterday and they didn't mention her being playable but hey I'm all for variety in play styles.

They're releasing it at a weird time, 2 weeks after Star Wars: battlefront and just a few days before halo 5. So there's probably gonna be a deadzone around it. I can't imagine anyone else trying to launch shit in October that's gonna be good.
    A new Rainbow six game as well as a remake of the first three uncharted games are also coming out in October. I already have more games than I have time for but that's another 4 games I'm gonna want to play.

Haha, there's like no hype for this game. Which sucks because this will be their best since Black Flag.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not getting it at launch, unless my buddies at work get it and it has functioning co-op.

I've been playing ACII these past couple days... that's how much the franchise has fallen off. No character comes close to the icon Ezio is.

Quote Originally Posted by nightprowler10
    Haha, there's like no hype for this game. Which sucks because this will be their best since Black Flag.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not getting it at launch, unless my buddies at work get it and it has functioning co-op.
    There's just too much shit coming out right now. Halo 5, Fall out 4, Battlefront, Uncharted Collection, Rainbow Six...all those are just eating up the hype. Granted a good part of the lack of hype is how bad and how tainted Unity made the fanbase after a great comeback story with Black Flag.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Drew
    I've been playing ACII these past couple days... that's how much the franchise has fallen off. No character comes close to the icon Ezio is.
    I play that game once a year. Just so amazing.