Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
    National High School Star NewYorkNoPicks's Avatar

Default Re: Carmelo Anthony is currently the best player in basketball

Quote Originally Posted by ImmortalNemesis
    What the f*ck you just say? Seriously. Everything that you just said makes 0 sense. Wow you're an ever bigger retard than I initially suspected.
    I can already tell 2 things about you; you're probaby broke and have a low ranking position at your place of employment.

The next thing im wondering is: do you have a GED?

Melo has been the best player in basketball for about a month or so. Hopefully he can take it into the playoffs.

I am the First Officer ImmortalNemesis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NewYorkNoPicks
    I can already tell 2 things about you; you're probaby broke and have a low ranking position at your place of employment.

The next thing im wondering is: do you have a GED?
    2/10. Even your insults are garbage.

NY is never lucky. Why can't New York get a decent pick like Houston or San Antonio. Wha! wha wha! Somebody call the whambulance.

F*cking fakkit.

Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

Where are the "fans" who said Melo was a cancer? Where you at?!?!

I NEVER wavered in my support of the guy while you chumps, you sheep who are controlled by the opinions expressed in newspaper articles turned your back on the most VERSATILE scorer in the game today.

8 years of dominance > Half an injury fille season of inconsistent play

But ofcourse for you sheep its all about "what have you done for me in the past 24 hours".

Learn the damn game

Losing in the 1st round = dominance?

NBA rookie of the year Kingwillball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent
    Melo has been the best player in basketball for about a month or so. Hopefully he can take it into the playoffs.

Having a couple weeks where he is playing like ONE of the best players doesnt make him the best player.. He has free reign on Knicks with no Lin or Stat.. Imagine stats Lebron would put up ? Games like last night would be the norm..

Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kingwillball
    Having a couple weeks where he is playing like ONE of the best players doesnt make him the best player.. He has free reign on Knicks with no Lin or Stat.. Imagine stats Lebron would put up ? Games like last night would be the norm..
    Exacly. Replace Melo with Lebron and the Knicks are easily a top 2-4 seed. Plus Lebron's game would fit amazing with Amare and the Knicks snipers around the arc.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by chips93
    after lebron really overplayed melo's jumper, imo. there was no need in lebron getting that tight onto melo on a lot of melo's drives.
    The Heat's gameplan was to have Lebron take away Melo's jumper and force him baseline, but Bosh/Haslem/Whoever was late on their rotations the whole game.

He has a quick first step yes.

But my point was...that nobody seems to be able to grasp...is that his game is NOT BASED ON ATHLETICISM. And unless you just started watching basketball recently youd know that.

75% of Melos scoring is in the post, or dancing around and pulling up for mid range jumpers. His game is pretty similar to Paul Pierces overall, slow moving overall but based on a lot of basketball savvy and guile. Because of this Melo will be an effective scorer for quite some time (just like Pierce)
    Again, what are you talking about? Melo has one of, if not THE quickest first step in the league for his size, and his game revolves heavily around that. Melo is a good athlete who relies plenty on his athleticism.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SilkkTheShocker

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Exacly. Replace Melo with Lebron and the Knicks are easily a top 2-4 seed. Plus Lebron's game would fit amazing with Amare and the Knicks snipers around the arc.
    What snipers? If you mean Novak, well D'umbtoni never even played him until Melo got hurt midway through the year. JR Smith didn't come till the end of the year either since he was in China.

So no, Lebron would not have been amazing with all our snipers. He would have struggled with Toney Douglas at the point, and Landry "Can't Hit A Jumper To Save My Life" Fields at the shooting guard, just like Melo did all year.

NBA rookie of the year Kingwillball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic
    What snipers? If you mean Novak, well D'umbtoni never even played him until Melo got hurt midway through the year. JR Smith didn't come till the end of the year either since he was in China.

So no, Lebron would not have been amazing with all our snipers. He would have struggled with Toney Douglas at the point, and Landry "Can't Hit A Jumper To Save My Life" Fields at the shooting guard, just like Melo did all year.

Hold on.. Melo is not as Good as Lebron end of story and Discussion.. Novak and JR Smith Both can go Crazy from deep Miller and Battier not shooting anywhere near as good nor are they as good/Consistent shooters. Also Lebron playing With Chandler alone on Pick and Roles and Drive and Dumps would get him a few assists per gm unlike the Trash/Stone hand bad Finishing centers Heat have.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic

And wherever Melo goes, JR follows. No way JR joins LeBron in NY without Melo's lobbying. JR would be in LAC right now or plotting a way to join Melo's team.

Quote Originally Posted by airchibundo507
    And wherever Melo goes, JR follows. No way JR joins LeBron in NY without Melo's lobbying. JR would be in LAC right now or plotting a way to join Melo's team.
    JR joined the Nicks because he liked NYC. Not because he likes the taste of Melo's dick

Quote Originally Posted by KingBeasley08
    JR joined the Nicks because he liked NYC. Not because he likes the taste of Melo's dick
    JR even said himself that Melo was the one who persuaded him to come to NY. They are super close if you haven't realized; Melo is the godfather of his child. JR was even more likely to join the Clippers anyway due to Billups going down right around the time the Chinese regular season had ended. He would have had more playing and greater opportunity to showcase his talent. Of course no one expected the injuries New York has endured.

Local High School Star

"Carmelo Anthony is currently the best player in basketball"

I'm going to answer the question and the question only. Yes carmelo is currently the best basketball player in this Month span. Do I expect him to keep it up? maybe. I bet my balls he's gonna be over shadowed by at least 3 other superstars when the playoffs start. There are better players than Melo. Fact.

National High School Star NewYorkNoPicks's Avatar

6 years of averaging 24+ ppg. Career high of 29ppg in 07-08 i believe. Individual dominance. Advancing in the playoffs is a team accomplishment. You cant take 1 player put them against a team of 5 and expect them to win right? Its a team game.

But go ahead manipulate words and stats to suit your individual preferences. Its obvious you have an agenda. Bias has no place in this thread