Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678

Default Re: Peak Lebron vs Peak Kobe

So because LA had a good front court that makes them stacked?
    Lamar was one of the better rebounders in the league; together with Pau, they definitely had a solid advantage on the glass over most teams.

But in terms of pure talent, LA was hardly "stacked". To me they aren't in the top tier of past champions. They might not even be in the middle; they really aren't that much better than 2012 Dallas or 2015 Golden State, if at all.

LeBron & Wade knew that from a talent point of view; they were STACKED. That's why they were so outlandish with their predictions during the introduction. No one automatically predicted that LA was going to win a championship when they acquired Pau. They knew LA would become a contender but Kobe's play and the way Pau & Lamar complimented him was perfect. Instead of appreciating the cohesion those Lakers team had and how great Kobe was as their leader; people would rather focus on how "Kobe had all this amazing help" to try and degrade his accomplishments.

It's the same tired ass story on this forum.

As far as 2009 season goes.

153 - 87 (West playoff teams Vs. East)
    147 - 93 (East playoff teams Vs. West)

However, in the east the 4th-8th seed record Vs West was 78-72.
    West 4th-8th seed record Vs. East was 95-55.

The only reason 2009 looked like it had some sort of parity was because of the three top teams in the east having such a good record against the West.

Cleveland - 26-4
    Boston - 21-9
    Orlando - 22-8

So yeah I'd say that year LeBron actually would have had a difficult time.
    But the irony of this debate simply fascinates me.

This was also the year that Boston got untimely injuries and ultimately failed to make the NBA finals because of them (they recovered in 2010 and lost to LA in 7 games). However, LeBron wasn't able to beat Orlando; the ONLY other threat out east.

Funny how it works eh?

Last, if you're going to debate me and tell me there was complete parity in 2009, at least use your brain. Wouldn't it make far more sense to look at the strength of the playoff teams?? Not the entire league.

As I've already explained; the top 3 teams in the east made it seem like there was parity in 2009 but when you focus on the remaining playoff teams; you can see a huge difference in the 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th seeds in each respective conference.

Class dismissed.
    Last edited by West-Side; 08-19-2015 at 09:39 AM.

I bet LeBron and Kobe on the same team would have been fun.

Quote Originally Posted by West-Side

As I've already explained; the top 3 teams in the east made it seem like there was parity in 2009 but when you focus on the remaining playoff teams; you can see a huge difference in the 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th seeds in each respective conference.

Class dismissed.
    Portland - 22-8
    Lakers - 21-9
    Dallas - 21-9

Quote Originally Posted by aj1987
    Portland - 22-8
    Lakers - 21-9
    Dallas - 21-9
    Yes and I already showed you the big discrepancy in wins between the 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th & 8th seeds in each respective conference.

78-72 Vs. 95-55.

I will say that (in my opinion) Cleveland, Orlando & Boston were better than the West's top 3 seeds, overall. Which creates parity when comparing the two conferences that year.

However, the lower seeds out west were clearly stronger than the lower seeds out east. Plus factor in that Boston were injured late in the year and for the playoffs and it makes the east look even worse in comparison to the west.

This is what comparing players is on this forum. Literally comparing teams. Unbelievable. You ring-counting, ESPN-brainwashed buffoons.

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    yes there was.. the East had 3 elite/title contenders from 2008-2010, thats a warzone at the top, the West might have on average a tougher first round, but if we talking top tier teams, they had the Lakers, and no one else besides the 2009 Nuggets.. East was a whole different ball game, better top teams, more physical..
    This is pretty much right.

yes there was.. the East had 3 elite/title contenders from 2008-2010, thats a warzone at the top, the West might have on average a tougher first round, but if we talking top tier teams, they had the Lakers, and no one else besides the 2009 Nuggets.. East was a whole different ball game, better top teams, more physical..
    That East truly was amazing.. West caught up since then, 2008-2010 West are truly the confernece' dark days, worst time since the 80's.

Yes and I already showed you the big discrepancy in wins between the 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th & 8th seeds in each respective conference.

78-72 Vs. 95-55.

I will say that (in my opinion) Cleveland, Orlando & Boston were better than the West's top 3 seeds, overall. Which creates parity when comparing the two conferences that year.

However, the lower seeds out west were clearly stronger than the lower seeds out east. Plus factor in that Boston were injured late in the year and for the playoffs and it makes the east look even worse in comparison to the west.
    That's kinda not fair since Dallas was the 6th seed and won 21 games against the EC teams and the 10th seeded Bobcats won 3 games more than the 8th seeded Pistons (89-61 vs 80-70). You either use the entire PO teams or stop cherry picking teams to fit your agenda. And even if you choose to ignore all that. The WC teams won 10% more games against their EC competition, which translates to 15 games over 150 total games.

That East truly was amazing.. West caught up since then, 2008-2010 West are truly the confernece' dark days, worst time since the 80's.

Quote Originally Posted by aj1987
    That's kinda not fair since Dallas was the 6th seed and won 21 games against the EC teams and the 10th seeded Bobcats won 3 games more than the 8th seeded Pistons (89-61 vs 80-70). You either use the entire PO teams or stop cherry picking teams to fit your agenda. And even if you choose to ignore all that. The WC teams won 10% more games against their EC competition, which translates to 15 games over 150 total games.
    The top 3 eastern conference teams did much better overall than the top 3 western conference teams during the regular season against each conference, however, Boston got hurt before the playoffs started.

The Lakers beat a team (Orlando) in five games that year that Cleveland could not beat. Should that not suggest how much better the west was?

I mean both Cleveland and Orlando were like 40-8 against the EC that year, yet LA disposed of them rather easily. Orlando beat Cleveland.

I'm sorry, LA faced tougher opponents on their way to the finals than the Orlando Magic.

I remember those playoffs vividly; no way in hell was the east tougher than the west. Especially considering Boston being hurt.

The Lakers beat a team (Orlando) in five games that year that Cleveland could not beat. Should that not suggest how much better the west was?
    LeBron was carrying trash in the RS. Did you even watch the series? His teammates were HORRENDOUS in that series. LeBron put up 39/8/8 on 60% TS and they still lost. Delonte and Mo sucked ass. Cleveland's frontline couldn't handle Dwight (the same Dwight who got shutdown by the Lakers' FC). You still don't think that Kobe had VERY good teams when he won?

I'm sorry, LA faced tougher opponents on their way to the finals than the Orlando Magic.
    Deron led Jazz, T-Mac & Yao Ming less Rockets, and the Melo & JR Nuggets. Tough competition indeed.

I remember those playoffs vividly; no way in hell was the east tougher than the west. Especially considering Boston being hurt.
    I never said it was.

I agree. The big dogs were killing each other in the ECF while the Western conference champs got in fresh and without a scratch. Incredible that Lebron managed to take the 2008 Celtics to a game 7 nail biter with a bunch of a scrubs. 45 in the decisive 7th game too. Clutch as one can be by the greatest game 7 player of all time