Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

Default Why doesn't Spo get blame for the 2011 nba finals?

I mean people all blame lebron (No surprise since its ISH), but don't seem to look at the staff of the heat during that series.

Lets look at the series:
    Game 1-Did alright, heat started out bad but came back from a huge deficit led by lebron

2-Disgusting. The mavs came back from a huge deficit, and spo couldn't change the outcome of the game. I believe the heat had a 15 something lead in the 4th but lost it as Spo failed to adjust. He didn't think of doubling dirk which led to the game winner, and no timeouts for the heat resulting in a wade brick.

3-almost blew it, lebron, wade and bosh all had decent games. Spo almost cost the game.

4-heat were up in the 4th, but blew the lead as the team lost control on defense.

5- defense was terrible. The mavs had open looks and rained 3s, which spo could not counter against.

6- couldn't go up against ricks' zone d and it cost the heat big time.

In short, he failed the heat and failed to adjust getting outcoached countless games against Carlisle. While i admit everyone on the heat wet the bed in the finals, Spo could have easily won with the heat with simple adjustments.

Failure as a coach.

Banned

Default Re: Why doesn't Spo get blame for the 2011 nba finals?

It's hard to blame the coach when he wasn't really coaching. He deserves blame but at the same time that team was built around Lebron and Wade doing whatever they wanted.

It's not really his fault that the best player on his team was underperforming. What do you expect him to do? Take LeBron out in the 4th quarter? He'd probably be more scrutinized for doing that.

For the 2011 Finals, specifically, Lebron shoulders most of the blame...although I would point out that prior to that series, Lebron was the one Heat player to always play at or exceed his share.

In fact, if not for Lebron, we do not even sniff the Finals as Wade was just bad against Chicago.

Spo is at least partly to blame for everything else concerning the Heat.

The 2011-2014 Miami Heat had to overcome the moron that is Spo. The only time Spo was worth a damn was early in 2012 when he implemented "space and pace" which led to us being about as dominate as our talent demands.

And of of course Spo's idiotic coaching is what led to us this season missing the playoffs entirely. This, despite being in the "worst conference ever" East.

NBA Superstar

Cause you're a fakkit

Never seen an all time great shy away from the moment in a finals like Bron in 2011. He wanted nothing to do with the outcome of games.

Quote Originally Posted by Asiantastic
    It's not really his fault that the best player on his team was underperforming. What do you expect him to do? Take LeBron out in the 4th quarter? He'd probably be more scrutinized for doing that.
    thats not my point. While the entire team under performed, there were still ways Spo could have adjusted to counter the mavs. I just highlighted a few mistakes, read the op.

One of the Goodfellas NBAplayoffs2001's Avatar

My friend still owes me $25 when I said the Mavs will win in 5 games

Quote Originally Posted by ClipperRevival
    Never seen an all time great shy away from the moment in a finals like Bron in 2011. He wanted nothing to do with the outcome of games.
    18 points, 7 reb, 7 assists is shying away?

He took on the point guard role in the finals as chalmers was more of a spot up shooter and tertiary handler. Wade was the main scorer, lebron was the facilitator.

Banned

He doesn't get credit for the backtoback titles so why should he get credit for the loses?

It was all LeBron, wins and loses.

15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FLDFSU
    For the 2011 Finals, specifically, Lebron shoulders most of the blame...although I would point out that prior to that series, Lebron was the one Heat player to always play at or exceed his share.

In fact, if not for Lebron, we do not even sniff the Finals as Wade was just bad against Chicago.
    I would like to point out that you're an idiot

Wade led the team in scoring and assist for the Boston series..

Wade put up 22/8/5 against the 76ers..

Bosh put up 20/9 against the 76ers..

Bosh put up 23/8 against the Bulls..

before more troll posts come up with lebron; Yes, he did not play well in the finals, neither did wade, bosh, chalmers, miller, etc. I just wanted to point out that spo seems to run free from blame. He was one of, if not the main reason for the loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Lebronxrings
    18 points, 7 reb, 7 assists is shying away?

He took on the point guard role in the finals as chalmers was more of a spot up shooter and tertiary handler. Wade was the main scorer, lebron was the facilitator.
    I have eyes. I know what I saw in that series. A superstar who wanted nothing to do with the outcome of games and continued to defer.

he told them not to let go of the rope.

Not his fault they didn't listen