Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

Default Re: Why does Kobe typically measure so poorly in all advanced metrics?

Quote Originally Posted by ISHGoat
    Right on que.
    and as expected you'll have nothing to say, nothing to counter whats being said

if advance stats >>> then D Rob >>>> Kareem

Tolerant Liberals

Quote Originally Posted by TheMarkMadsen
    2015 Cavs playoff WS/48

Lebron = .173

Tristan = .167

I guess Lebron was barely more impactful than TT in the playoffs

Kyrie Irving = .209

and Kyrie was the best player on the team when he played

ADVANCED STATS
    Instead of posting one advanced stat which supports your argument, how about increasing the sample size posting all of them (PER, BPM, WS48 Vorp) for the entire top 10? Entire top 20? I dare you to do it.

2015 Cavs playoff WS/48

Lebron = .173

Tristan = .167

I guess Lebron was barely more impactful than TT in the playoffs

Kyrie Irving = .209

and Kyrie was the best player on the team when he played

ADVANCED STATS
    sample size

And Wall looks worse in this advanced stat because it doesn't account for:
    -How easy the looks are that he's getting his teammates (also responsible for their HIGH stats)
    -secondary assists, assists on 3's, and assists leading to fouls.....all of which wall was top-5 in last season (I believe top 3, but I don't have the stats on hand)

Very good NBA starter Round Mound's Avatar

and as expected you'll have nothing to say, nothing to counter whats being said

if advance stats >>> then D Rob >>>> Kareem
    Kareem played till he was like 41 too many years pased his prime. Do Kareem`s PER ages 21-32 prime vs D-Rob`s ages 24-32 prime and also do play-off PER and Kareem is over > D-rob.

Which metric is most accurate to determine rent?

Quote Originally Posted by ralph_i_el
    sample size

-How easy the looks are that he's getting his teammates (also responsible for their HIGH stats)
    -secondary assists, assists on 3's, and assists leading to fouls.....all of which wall was top-5 in last season (I believe top 3, but I don't have the stats on hand)
    Low efficiency and high turnovers ?

Quote Originally Posted by ISHGoat
    Instead of posting one advanced stat which supports your argument, how about increasing the sample size posting all of them (PER, BPM, WS48 Vorp) for the entire top 10? Entire top 20? I dare you to do it.
    oh so now ws/48 doesn't mean anything..

David Robinson

PER = 26

Highest VORP (da fucc ) = 10.6

WS/48 = .250

BPM = 7.4

vs

Kareem

PER = 24.6

Highest VORP = 10.5

WS/48 = .228

BPM = 5.8

Robinson >>>>> KAJ, anybody who disagrees is a KAJTARD and only counts rings

Local High School Star Dr Seuss's Avatar

sample size

cant the exact same thing be argued for kobe. from a non pg position, he has always been one of the top players in assists. many of his teammates had career years next to him, and when he does indeed look for the open man, they get uber easy looks due to all the attention he gathered defensively.

sample size

nope context is not allowed, you don't get to explain the actual intricacies of basketball..

advanced stats >>>

I don't know what you cats are talking about. I skimmed through all of those advanced stats and Kobe does pretty well in them.

Quote Originally Posted by Round Mound
    Kareem played till he was like 41 too many years pased his prime. Do Kareem`s PER ages 21-32 prime vs D-Rob`s ages 24-32 prime and also do play-off PER and Kareem is over > D-rob.
    so its fair to compare advanced stats of Lebron and Kobe when Kobe is 37 and Lebron just turned 30..

but not fair to compare D Rob and Kareem..

how do you morons not see this double standard...

each advanced stat I post that doesn't match your "advanced stats are soooo important" you guys have some type of context to explain why things are..

but isn't that the same thing you make fun of Kobe fans for doing when advanced stats are brought up..

Mark Madsen, stop being the most annoying dense mother****er there is... NOTHING is always on point, but your sample sizes and isolated examples suck.

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    Mark Madsen, stop being the most annoying dense mother****er there is... NOTHING is always on point, but your sample sizes and isolated examples suck.
    I compared two entire careers

a playoff run

and entire regular season

I guess those are "isolated examples"

don't be mad at me that these advanced stats you all want to worship clearly don't show much about who the better player is...

David Robinson

PER = 26

VORP = 80.9

WS/48 = .250

BPM = 7.4

vs

Shaq

PER = 26

VORP = 74

WS/48 = .208

BPM = 5.0

David Robinson

Quote Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
    Low efficiency and high turnovers ?
    Yeah, everyone knows about that. I'm say that he's highly regarded even though his metrics are bad, because of stuff the metrics don't capture.

No metric is perfect, obviously.