Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Ramona Shelburne/ Marc Stein: Lakers might trade Howard

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers_Kobe_Fan
    lol fcuk no
    dude, we can have an all white team around kobe, they will not complain if kobe shoots all the shots.

nash, blake, ilyasova, gasol, dunleavy, udrih

just need to trade earl clark, jordan hill and metta.

Quote Originally Posted by Ol Dirty Bastard
    Dwight Howard for Odom straight up.

Odom + Pau = 2 Rings
    fixed

Very good NBA starter

Dwight for Horford and Teague. No extra picks involved just a basic trade. Lakers can take on additional salary too and send some expiring contracts.

Local High School Star nashwade's Avatar

Bynum is injured
    Odom is currently playing for the better LA team

Let's not forget LAL got swept with those pieces

I'm just shocked the Lakers are not fixed this deep into the season, not that I know what the fix should be

Quote Originally Posted by selrahc
    Thank God.

Dwight Howard to the Bucks for Ersan Ilyasova, Beno Udrih, and Mike Dunleavy...

Let that bitch play the rest of the season in shithole Milwaukee, and have to deal with two ball hogs in Jennings and Ellis

I like how some of you act like Mitch isn't better than your GM. If this is true and LA is exploring a trade then you best believe they're going for value back and Howard is being moved because upper management has come to the conclusion that dude is a bum. LA doesn't trade "franchise" players

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by oh the horror
    I like how some of you act like Mitch isn't better than your GM. If this is true and LA is exploring a trade then you best believe they're going for value back and Howard is being moved because upper management has come to the conclusion that dude is a bum. LA doesn't trade "franchise" players
    Ummm remember this guy named Shaq?

Da Mavs

I expect him to be traded before the Lakers 7 game road trip before ASW is over.

Utryin2getthepipe? SevereUpInHere's Avatar

Said this in the other thread,

For Amare, straight up.

Then let that bitch expire at the end of the season.

Da Mavs

Quote Originally Posted by SevereUpInHere
    Said this in the other thread,

For Amare, straight up.

Then let that bitch expire at the end of the season.
    LA has no use for Amare or his nasty contract and injuries.

They need to trade Dwight for youth and talent. I'm liking the Horford and Teague. They have to get something for him, because he will walk no doubt about it.

Damn that back injury ruined Dwight's career, it happened before though.

Quote Originally Posted by longtime lurker
    Ummm remember this guy named Shaq?

Allow me to rephrase. They won't trade unless they have to choose and judging by the 2 more rings and money made off merchandising off the younger commodity do you think they goofed?

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by oh the horror
    Allow me to rephrase. They won't trade unless they have to choose and judging by the 2 more rings and money made off merchandising off the younger commodity do you think they goofed?
    Lol I was just correcting you. Of course they made the right choice choosing Kobe over Shaq. It's funny that Howard has worse attitude than Shaq with a thousandth of the accolades or game. I think the trade to Miami was hot garbage and they should have made the rumoured trade to Dallas for Dirk and Nash, but I'm more than content with the way things turned out to the good times

Welcome to LA S. Nash! rhythmic 's Avatar

People are delusional, I'm more frustrated by the stupidity of some people then by the actual struggle of my team.

The only realistic trade is with Brooklyn and Atlanta; why? Because Howard has leverage since he's a free agent. No team will give back a reasonable amount without a guarantee from Dwight first.

I don't want anything from Brooklyn, nothing they have interests me. I would probably trade Dwight for Horford, Teague and Korver. It would give LA pieces for the future and make their team better this season, IMO.

Horford is naturally a PF, which will move Pau to C. They would compliment each other well. Korver adds a shooter which LA desperate needs and Teague is a combo guard. It gives LA flexibility. They can either start Kobe at SF and Teague at SG, or bring Teague off the bench with Korver and Clark. LA's depth becomes immensely improved from this trade.

Atlanta can acquire Howard as their foundation for the future, and since Atlanta is his hometown; he will definitely consider staying. Brooklyn has nothing to offer outside of Williams, Wallace, Johnson and Lopez. I don't want Brooks & Humphries. Lopez I do not want, since he has a 5 year max contract. Basically Brooklyn is out of the picture, IMO.

I don't want to touch anything Dallas has to offer including Dirk, it's not a viable trading partner for our long-term prosperity.

Honestly, I just want LA to keep Dwight. He is our future, and he isn't the reason we're struggling. Have you seen our depth? It's disgusting. Morris, Duhon, Jamison and Meeks? Our stars can't co-exist because our coach isn't a good fit, period!

We keep Dwight, in 2014; we have a superstar on the team plus massive financial flexibility with Pau, Kobe & Nash off the books. We can then pursue guys like Durant, James and Westbrook.

Imagine Howard at 29 and Durant at 27 together? It'd be insane. Plus, people are so quick to quit on this team because of their struggles. Even if this season is a write-off, I think LA's FO will make the necessary adjustments in the off-season. Definitely utilize their MPE and possibly look to trade Pau for added depth, hopefully consider a coaching change.

Right now, the best option we have is trading Pau. A team like Houston or Atlanta (perhaps Milwaukee) would maybe consider giving us some depth in exchange for his services. Pau's struggles begin when we asked him to space the floor at PF. Before Bynum's emergence as a relatively healthy center, the guy was a monster for LA.

Say Milwaukee offers Dunleavy, Udrich & Ilya? LA becomes a far better team instantly, IMO. They get a stretch 4, a reliable backup for Nash and a shooter at the 3 who can start for us.

Trading Howard will be a horrible decision on their part unless they are 100% certain he's walking. If Howard is being dealt, I think the only team that will offer pieces for him that LA would want is Atlanta. No other team is offering much for a 3 month rental.

Keep it tight for me The-Legend-24's Avatar