Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Lakers better off without Kobe

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent
    Of course he's not the player he once was. But he's still clearly the best player on the team. Lets not overreact.
    How is Kobe best player on the Lakers and how is it clear? Go ahead and explain to me if you are so confident in your belief.

The ISH'ers Champion!

Lakers without Kobe won't pass first round and I hardly believe they'll even get 8th seed. Stupidiest thread ever.........

Sure..........goes to show how retarded people in this forum are....I guess is time to migrate.....

Quote Originally Posted by StateOfMind12
    How is Kobe best player on the Lakers and how is it clear? Go ahead and explain to me if you are so confident in your belief.
    Hopefully no one wastes his time answering ehheheeh

Because he's one of the 3 best scorers in the league. He's constantly putting up with double teams but still manages to score 25+ on a daily basis. Very few players in the league can do what Kobe can.

29/6/5 on 43% is still a very impressive stat line, especially for a guy in his 16th season.

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by LA_Showtime
    There are two versions of ball-hog Kobe.

Version #1. Only hogs when the games out of reach. Statline ends up looking worse because of forced shots at the end of games.

Version #2. Egotistical, narcissistic Kobe. Comes into games with a clear agenda: Shoot.

Seen a lot more of version 2 this year.
    I don't like the lakers I hate them but I think they can come out of the west if Kobe just has better shoot selection. I don't understand why he has too take every shoot in the 4th quater over double teams.

Very good NBA starter

This is an idiotic thread, but Kobe seriously needs to buy into this team and what Sessions can do. Derek Fisher isn't starting anymore, no need for him to do everything.....

3-time NBA All-Star

Lakers should've done a Kobe/Gasol trade to the Celtics for Rondo/KG/Allen at the deadline. That would've been CRAZY!

Banned

Because he's one of the 3 best scorers in the league. He's constantly putting up with double teams but still manages to score 25+ on a daily basis. Very few players in the league can do what Kobe can.

29/6/5 on 43% is still a very impressive stat line, especially for a guy in his 16th season.
    So because Kobe is the best scorer on the team despite scoring with horrible efficiency that makes him the best player on the team and clearly the best player on the team?

Lets compare Kobe to Bynum now.

Bynum scores much more efficiently than Kobe does, Bynum is a much better rebounder than Kobe is, and Bynum is a much much much much better of a defender than Kobe is.

But since Kobe is the better scorer under much worse efficiency and the better passer/playmaker, that means he is better than Bynum?

Quote Originally Posted by LA_Showtime
    I jokingly said in another thread that Buss will waive Kobe before his contract is up, and if he continues to chuck shots up and play like a poor man's Allen Iverson than I wouldn't be surprised if it eventually happened. I'm just surprised he's not being called out by the media. They don't exactly like the guy, and they have every tool in their disposal to rip his games to shreds.
    LOL you act like kobe cares???

Quote Originally Posted by Bladers
    LOL you act like kobe cares???
    Even though he gives that image to the media. I pretty sure Kobe and the whole Lakers' franchise cares.....

Banned

Bynum is a great defensive player and Kobe is ok at times, but not nearly as impactful as Bynum does. The guy literally rapes the entire paint...

The reason Bynums stats arn't better than they are is because Kobe takes twice as many shots as him when his efficiency is complete crap. Kobe relies on low percentage shots at this point in his career to get by. He will still be able to score, but he can no longer get to the rim and have the high percentage shots he used to get. Hell even when he gets to the rim he doesn't get as high anymore. He is a shell of his former self no matter how many PPG he has. Anyone in the NBA can score a bunch of points if they take as many shots as Kobe does.

Bynum just may be the best low post player in the league. He is superior to Howard offensively in the post because he is bigger, longer, and more flluid with his moves. He is just underutilized so he doesn't have the numbers to back this up. If Kobe deferred to Bynum and went for higher percentage shots while scoring 20-22 PPG the Lakers would be a much better team.

So because Kobe is the best scorer on the team despite scoring with horrible efficiency that makes him the best player on the team and clearly the best player on the team?

Bynum scores much more efficiently than Kobe does, Bynum is a much better rebounder than Kobe is, and Bynum is a much much much much better of a defender than Kobe is.

But since Kobe is the better scorer under much worse efficiency and the better passer/playmaker, that means he is better than Bynum?
    lol why wouldn't Bynum be a better rebounder? He's ****ing 7 feet tall and plays center. He damn well better be a better rebounder than Kobe.

You're acting like's shooting 38% or something. He's shooting 43% on the season; a mere 2% lower than his career average.

3-time NBA All-Star

There's still questions about Bynum's consistency and durability. Let him keep up what he's been doing in March for 6 months instead of 1 month, then you would have a point.

Seriously, if Bynum had normal durability and kept playing like this while Kobe kept playing the way he's been playing the past few games and wouldn't adjust, I think the Lakers would seriously consider trading Kobe.

lol @ this idiot. getting 4 alley ops a game and 4 putbacks a game doesn't make you the best player on the team.

Threads like these differentiate between Kobe stans and Laker fans

Banned

So far kobes season has been good month bad month good month bad month... currently in a bad month.

No need to overreact , hes shown he still has it in him but obviously some nights I'd just like to see him go out there for 25 or 30 min and only take 18 shots. Meh just the regular season tho.. lakers dont need to prove anything till playoffs