Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    NBA lottery pick

Default Re: Jennings In Trade Rumors

Anyway around it, do we really think this moves us ahead of Indiana or Chicago?

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Dunker
    Probably because he isn't on their team anymore would be my guess to his decrease in playing time
    Yea...they sent him to their D-League team. Still in the system, does not get PT.

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    At the beginning of the year, I'd say yes, this would have pushed us passed Indiana. But dammit, I did not expect PG13 to be nearly rated R. Unfortunately, I don't think this pushes us past Indiana.

NBA lottery pick

That's my thought. Chicago has some issues. They've been injured all season and their team just isn't quite what they were. It could get us ahead of them. Indiana still has the upper hand here I think. So it puts teams like Cleveland, Toronto, Atlanta, Boston, Indiana, and Miami in front of us. We're still probably a 7 or 8 seed. If we really played out of our minds we might make it to the 5 or 6 seed. It's not completely out of reach but it would be tough. Really the Pistons are probably still just a mediocre team this season. But at least they're headed in the right direction and a pick at 11 or 19 isn't really going to make much difference this season.

Local High School Star Aussie Dunker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ZMonkey11
    Yea...they sent him to their D-League team. Still in the system, does not get PT.
    On December 24, 2015, Wroten was waived by the 76ers

But I guess your point still stands, if the most historically worst team in NBA history waives someone, do we really want them? lol...

But again, who knows how he would go with some actual talent around him, I always thought he had some pretty good tools

NBA lottery pick

I haven't looked it up but yeah, I'm pretty sure he was waived. I actually think he deserves a chance somewhere. He showed some promise in Philly. We like Dinwiddie (or did) and he's a 6'6" PG. I think Wroten has more game than Dinwiddie does. And he's actually proven it in the NBA. Nearly every time Dinwiddie has had a chance he was really disappointing.

But, if we can swing Steve Blake for Augustin (which is the talked about deal) then that is the deal we make, no questions asked. He was so good for us off the bench, worked well with Dre

NBA lottery pick

Why would anyone trade us Augustin for Blake straight up? Augustin is clearly the better player.

Decent college freshman

THere is no way I would trade rosters with either going forward. Not a chance. Harris is an awesome fit in a SVG system. I think this team is ready to be a force. THey aren't a Cleveland type roster, but they are now right there with teams like last year's Atlanta and this year's Toronto. They need a couple backup Gs who can shoot 3s to finishing things off.

Decent college freshman

Why would anyone trade us Augustin for Blake straight up? Augustin is clearly the better player.
    Yes because Augustin is rotting on the bench and it saves OKC tax money, which they care about.

NBA lottery pick

Toronto is alright this year. If they lose Derozen (which there's a huge chance) they're done with this run. Atlanta is trying to rebuild because they aren't good enough. Chicago we all knew was coming to an end of their run. I would say Indiana looks pretty good going forward though. Turner looks like he's going to be really good. Paul George is the best player in the division outside of Lebron James. Saying we're Atlanta or Toronto scares me. That was my worst thought that could happen as we were rebuilding. Being stuck in mediocrity. Not having a chance to win a title. We better hope our young guys improve greatly and one becomes a superstar.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by Nastradamus
    Yes because Augustin is rotting on the bench and it saves OKC tax money, which they care about.
    Then if I was KD I would think about making moves. Right now I think OKC is one of 4 teams that could win a title this season. Having as much talent on the roster as possible would be the best way to have that slight chance. Save money next year. This one they need to keep going for it.

Decent college freshman

Then if I was KD I would think about making moves. Right now I think OKC is one of 4 teams that could win a title this season. Having as much talent on the roster as possible would be the best way to have that slight chance. Save money next year. This one they need to keep going for it.
    Not overpaying your 3rd PG and 6th overall G has nothing to do with winning titles. This is just sillly and should not affect KD's decision at all.

Payne has far surpassed DJ as the Thunder's backup PG, and especially with Westbrook playing heavy minutes, DJ is a complete non factor there, so saving $$ (approx 2 mil I think?) is a no brainer for them. And as a bonus, Blake will concede to being the 3rd PG and is already more of a coach type figure than player at this stage, so he would be able to be an effective mentor for Payne.

Makes a lot of sense on both sides, this should get done

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Dunker
    On December 24, 2015, Wroten was waived by the 76ers

But I guess your point still stands, if the most historically worst team in NBA history waives someone, do we really want them? lol...

But again, who knows how he would go with some actual talent around him, I always thought he had some pretty good tools
    Okay, I was misinformed. I thought he was demoted to the D-League team of the 76ers, meaning he can be recalled at any point. After research, yes he is a free agent right now.