Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Maeru Perinawa Achali TaLvsCuaL's Avatar

Default Re: F*ck you, Pelicans are Awesome: A Defense of the NBA's Best New Team Name

Quote Originally Posted by rodman91

They kill people for fung.

High School Varsity 6th Man WolfGang's Avatar

Default Re: F*ck you, Pelicans are Awesome: A Defense of the NBA's Best New Team Name

Disgusting creatures. I hate all birds, especially some freaky looking shit like a pelican. We should be named to Crews or Alligators or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue&Orange
    It's growing on me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNNl_uWmQXE

Pelicans are bosses and they don't give a ####
    thats fukked up.......

Next Great White Hope QuebecBaller's Avatar

In the NHL, there's the Carolina Hurricanes... why not the New Orleans Hurricanes

The Magical T-Mac HardwoodLegend's Avatar

In the NHL, there's the Pittsburgh Penguins... why not the New Orleans Owls?

Quote Originally Posted by QuebecBaller
    In the NHL, there's the Carolina Hurricanes... why not the New Orleans Hurricanes
    becoz of katrina......?

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers Legend#32
    They are gonna be the Seattle SuperSonics in a few years anyway.
    Incorrect. The Sacramento Kings will be moved and re-named. Fact.

Quote Originally Posted by WolfGang
    Disgusting creatures. I hate all birds, especially some freaky looking shit like a pelican. We should be named to Crews or Alligators or something.

You had me laughing good at that creatues line!

Alligators would have been cool.

The New York Knickerbockers are named after a style of pants that hasn't been fashionable since the 1800s.

Their new name isn't the problem. Making red one of their colors is. There are too many red teams as it is. We dont need another one. They should stick with the Mardi Gras colors.

Crews?

It was going to be Krewe- the group that leads a Mardi Gras parade.

I like the Pelicans more now. I'm not sure if I really like it or if I'm just happy the Charlotte Hornets are going to be back .

o()xxx[{::::::::::::> SourPatchKids's Avatar

"Pelicans" in Greek is πελεκάνους

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by kentatm
    The New York Knickerbockers are named after a style of pants that hasn't been fashionable since the 1800s.

Their new name isn't the problem. Making red one of their colors is. There are too many red teams as it is. We dont need another one. They should stick with the Mardi Gras colors.

The Knicks are named for the early Dutch settlers in NY.

High School Varsity 6th Man WolfGang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hawksdogsbraves
    Crews?

It was going to be Krewe- the group that leads a Mardi Gras parade.

I like the Pelicans more now. I'm not sure if I really like it or if I'm just happy the Charlotte Hornets are going to be back .
    This, thank you.

I'm still going to be calling them the Hornets for a while.

The Magical T-Mac HardwoodLegend's Avatar

Alligators would have been pretty cool, but aren't they more prevalent in Florida than Louisiana? I guess it could still work since fried alligator is a cajun dish.

What about the New Orleans Ragin Cajuns?

A disgusting creature is your franchise player and your avatar..so why not pelicans?