Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

Default Marcus Smart will be a star in this league...

Top 3 out of this Draft class if Embiid's injury problems come to haunt him. Dude's one weakness right now is shooting, but his shooting mechanics are good, so all he needs to do is put up a lot of shots in the gym and he can be a knockdown shooter in a few years. Match that with his athleticism, defensive effort and his PG skills, and you got a future star on your hands.

Default Re: Marcus Smart will be a star in this league...

Rich mans D Wade

Decent college freshman Mass Debator's Avatar

You think he'll become a superstar?

Banned

Far too early to tell. He won't be immediately good if his pre season struggles are anything to go on though.

Better court vision and his game is transitioning quicker than I expected. Celtics have some interesting play makers other than Rondo in Turner and Smart.

We talking about Back Court Boogie?

Kids got a real attitude.

his passing has always looked subpar for a pg to me. he should be elite on defense though.

id say he'll peak as a fringe all star type guard. like jeff teague/ty lawson level

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by outbreak
    Far too early to tell. He won't be immediately good if his pre season struggles are anything to go on though.
    Smart and the rest of the team were shooting a lot of threes in pre-season, won't be doing that as much during the regular season.

Also, here's full pre-season highlights of Smart...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPs2Wnp0e7M

Quote Originally Posted by chips93
    his passing has always looked subpar for a pg to me. he should be elite on defense though.

id say he'll peak as a fringe all star type guard. like jeff teague/ty lawson level
    I've seen some nice passes in traffic with his off hand so I think there's a chance he'll be a good play maker in the league.

If he can match Teague or Lawson in offensive production to go along with plus defense then you are looking at an all star player. Going to be interesting to see if he can put it together.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Shade8780
    Smart and the rest of the team were shooting a lot of threes in pre-season, won't be doing that as much during the regular season.

Also, here's full pre-season highlights of Smart...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPs2Wnp0e7M
    I only saw a couple of games but he looked lost in the parts I saw. Still it's preseason and I think he will be solid, I'm just not expecting him to be an immediate impact guy early in the season. He doesn't need to be though really, he's a point guard for a team that isn't looking to compete so he has time to find his game. I read an article recently speculating that Phoenix's 2 point guard line ups have a lot of GMs intrigued and how it could become the new fad, if it does Boston can run some great line ups between Rondo, Bradley and Smart as they can all score and facilitate even if they can't all shoot with Sullinger and Olynck spreading the floor they should be able to wreak havoc on the drive.

Next Great White Hope QuebecBaller's Avatar

Banned

James Young is going to be a stud. I really think he will be one of the guys people look back on and wonder why they passed on.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by outbreak
    I only saw a couple of games but he looked lost in the parts I saw. Still it's preseason and I think he will be solid, I'm just not expecting him to be an immediate impact guy early in the season. He doesn't need to be though really, he's a point guard for a team that isn't looking to compete so he has time to find his game. I read an article recently speculating that Phoenix's 2 point guard line ups have a lot of GMs intrigued and how it could become the new fad, if it does Boston can run some great line ups between Rondo, Bradley and Smart as they can all score and facilitate even if they can't all shoot with Sullinger and Olynck spreading the floor they should be able to wreak havoc on the drive.
    I would consider Bradley exclusively an SG. His PG experiment worked out horribly, I don't want to see that again.

No. Just no.

I'm a big Celtics homer, and I see a lot of good in Smart, but he doesn't get to the line, and in today's NBA that's a problem