Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    College superstar VengefulAngel's Avatar

Default Re: Kobe Bryant Highlights vs. Kings 21.12.2014, 25/5/3!

Quote Originally Posted by KungFuJoe
    Fixed that for you.
    Future rep

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by andgar923
    Don't see what all the fuss is about.

I think it's unfair for people to start jumping on the Kobe sucks bandwagon to be honest.

I see no difference between this and any version of Kobe aside from a bit of explosiveness. He still takes the same retarded shots, still forces shit, still shows low IQ.

In the past he was able to get 1 or 2 more of those bad shots to go in... meh.

Nothing many of us haven't seen from Kobe throughout his career. Main difference is, he'd make 1 or 2 of those shots and everybody would overlook his otherwise inconsistent play.
    I disagree. The Afro version of Kobe was picking teams apart. He attacked the basket more and he was more in a rhythm especially when to take over the momentum of the game.

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster
    I disagree. The Afro version of Kobe was picking teams apart. He attacked the basket more and he was more in a rhythm especially when to take over the momentum of the game.
    FroBe had an even more inconsistent jumper and even lower IQ.

he was more athletic and had Shaq to cover up for him.

I think it's unfair for people to start jumping on the Kobe sucks bandwagon to be honest.

I see no difference between this and any version of Kobe aside from a bit of explosiveness. He still takes the same retarded shots, still forces shit, still shows low IQ.

Nothing many of us haven't seen from Kobe throughout his career. Main difference is, he'd make 1 or 2 of those shots and everybody would overlook his otherwise inconsistent play.
    You see no difference between Kobe shooting 38% (this game ~25%) and 45% for his career? I'm probably taking troll bait, but this post is genuinely retarded.

And just to elaborate, Andgar's post is proof of what I've been saying. The more Kobe plays like shit, the likelier morons are going to believe THIS version of Kobe is the one we've seen throughout his career.

Covered up for him when he dropped 45/10 in back to back playoff games on the road?

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
    And just to elaborate, Andgar's post is proof of what I've been saying. The more Kobe plays like shit, the likelier morons are going to believe THIS version of Kobe is the one we've seen throughout his career.
    It's a perfect time to sell this agenda because it's cute now to jump on the wagon seeing how awful Kobe look like this season.

Good college starter

Kobe killed the Spurs not Shaq.

And he did that too in the playoff without Shaq

Just for better measure.

shhhhhhh

The man has over 1400 games in his career and some idiots are trying to frame his career based on a 20 some game sample size in his 19th year coming off of two huge injuries

I don't even respond to them, seriously if you are that big a total/complete effing moron to make that jump you're not worth the time of day...

You see no difference between Kobe shooting 38% (this game ~25%) and 45% for his career? I'm probably taking troll bait, but this post is genuinely retarded.
    An exaggeration on my behalf, but his play isn't drastically different.

A few seasons ago I noticed Kobe positioning himself better for easier shots, moving without the ball more efficiently, being more patient, posting up more in the paint, taking more mids etc.etc. But then it was all just sorta gone.

He should go back to doing that more consistently.

I still think his footwork is overrated when compared to MJ and others. Why? because he doesn't get enough separation, which separation is kinda supposed to do.

Meh....

College superstar VengefulAngel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gts
    The man has over 1400 games in his career and some idiots are trying to frame his career based on a 20 some game sample size in his 19th year coming off of two huge injuries

I don't even respond to them, seriously if you are that big a total/complete effing moron to make that jump you're not worth the time of day...
    Of course I have to agree, but it's so easy trolling Kobe stans, plus the fact they are defending him through this irks me too.

I rule the local playground dubnation's Avatar

He clearly looks worse. But it is crazy to think that if he just made a couple more of those fadeaways per game (like he did in the past), he would be shooting above his career average in FG% (right now he's at 8.3-22.4 = 37%, and 10.3-22.4 = 46%). Just watching him makes it seem so much worse than that.

Quote Originally Posted by VengefulAngel
    Future rep

If he was as good as some of his sta(i)ns say, you'd expect him to play a Larry Bird like game, earth bound, controlling the pace, making smart plays, getting guys their shots and confidence, encouraging them when they need it and pushing when necessary, building the team spirit, and only shooting high percentage shots. aka playing with a high BBIQ.
    That way they could have sniffed the playoff.

Instead he shots the worst kind of shots game after game, kills guys confidence in practise, is a statistical negative on court etc.

I'd like to know what he really thinks himself...

Quote Originally Posted by AirFederer
    If he was as good as some of his sta(i)ns say, you'd expect him to play a Larry Bird like game, earth bound, controlling the pace, making smart plays, getting guys their shots and confidence, encouraging them when they need it and pushing when necessary, building the team spirit, and only shooting high percentage shots. aka playing with a high BBIQ.
    That way they could have sniffed the playoff.

Instead he shots the worst kind of shots game after game, kills guys confidence in practise, is a statistical negative on court etc.

I'd like to know what he really thinks himself...
    But he does do that to some degree at times.

But like all things Kobe it aint consistent.

He goes from passBe, to chuckBe in a matter of minutes and games.

Goes from making Bird like plays/decisions to a JR Smith ones, and that's been his entire career. Makes a great defensive play then lets his man beat him without even trying.

Nothing new