Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Default Re: True or false: Dwyane Wade is still a top 10 player

No lol.. He's been taking off games every other week, is one of the worst defenders in the league and he's had hardly even an all star impact offensively.

He's on my fantasy team so I've been tuning into heat games this year a little more than usual.. Wade looks slow and sluggish. He can't just slice a defense up anymore and has to rely on more craftiness and passing to get any production. His legs are also gone for defense.. He can't keep up.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    Yea.

Wade's decline has been overblown when talking about when it happened.

People act like he has been a scrub since 2011. Just not true.

He was absolutely an elite player in 2012...and like you said...the regular season in 13.

Wade's decline started in the 13 playoffs. That was his real first sign of not being elite anymore.

Still very good...and plays hard...and plays DEFENSE!

I know I'm a big Wade guy, but what everyone seems to ignore is that he actually has worked his ass of on defense. I haven't seen enough this year to say that, but during the Heatles run...he was a beast defensively and doesn't get near enough credit for that.

Wade's drapm last year was 2.1. For comparison sake...Kobe's in 13 was -1.2.

As for the OP...of course not. He's too inconsistent and doesn't play enough to be considered a top 10 player.
    Wade's drapm this year is -1.88.. Worse than 13 Kobe and good for 391st in the league.

College star

False

I rule the local playground dubnation's Avatar

Nope, too inconsistent and injury prone. But when he's healthy and he's on he definitely can play like one.

NBA sixth man of the year

I don't know but what I do know is that generally when I watch the Heat play, IF he's playing, he's generally the best player on the floor for either team.....Unless he's playing Cle, NO, or OKC basically......

Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    No lol.. He's been taking off games every other week, is one of the worst defenders in the league and he's had hardly even an all star impact offensively.

He's on my fantasy team so I've been tuning into heat games this year a little more than usual.. Wade looks slow and sluggish. He can't just slice a defense up anymore and has to rely on more craftiness and passing to get any production. His legs are also gone for defense.. He can't keep up.
    Wow, everything you said except the part about craftiness is wrong. He's missed one stretch of games and played in every back to back. He's an average defender, far from one of the worst. Saying he's hardly had an all star impact offensively is laughable. His per minute production is close to prime level. How many guys in the league are putting up 23 points and 6 assists? including Wade, only 4, and he's doing it on 52% shooting in 33mpg. He doesn't have the same athleticism, of course, but he most certainly has not been "slow and sluggish". In fact, he's moving better and more fluidly than he has in nearly two years. You make it sound like he's a geriatric out there.
    Last edited by GrapeApe; 12-22-2014 at 11:26 PM.

He won't be top 30 during the playoffs when it matters.

Not airballing my layups anymore

lbj,durant,westbrook,anthony davis, curry, lillard, harden, marc gasol, john wall, cp3 are 10 players having better seasons. Theres so many more that can be argued better (D12, thompson, kyrie, love, lowry, etc etc) Im gunna have to say hes not a top 10 palyer anymore