Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
    3-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: Do the Lakers not see the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by konex
    That's a BS stat by someone with an agenda. Why not compare the long 2s this year to the same point in any other season? Kobe is taking the same shots he's always taken. Difference now is, he is missing a lot of them
    What? That's your defense? Maybe he should realize he's not the same guy anymore, and start taking better shots. Kobe isn't an explosive dunker anymore, but he was for years. I don't see him still trying to dunk on players anymore.

Seriously, the guy is shooting under 38%. There's really no excuse for him. He shouldn't be shooting as much as he does. Its not working. Its not rocket science to see that. Its not his teammates, cause plenty of players in history have been able to do better with just as bad or worst teammates. If they were winning it would be one thing, but they're not even close to that.

Great college starter

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Wiggins

damn

It comes down to whether Kobe's friend Byron Scott actually has the balls to coach and limit Kobe's minutes to, let's say 25-30.

Worst teammate ever.

Borderline worst starter in the NBA when you consider impact.

Makes all the money. Plays no defense. Yells at teammatss in front of cameras. Takes all the shots. Loses all the games.

I'm surprised no one has tried to kick his ass in practice. You KNOW his team hates him. They all do.

Kobe is untouchable and it's Scott's fault. For a guy that was supposed to be hard nosed he's showing nothing but how to be a Kobe homer. That answer when asked why Kobe shoots all the last shots ("32k points") was Scott in a nutshell. Spread that to the whole org. Worthy, Magic are quiet as **** now. Stu Lantz (corniest commentator in the league) just blames everyone not named Kobe.

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by guy
    What? That's your defense? Maybe he should realize he's not the same guy anymore, and start taking better shots. Kobe isn't an explosive dunker anymore, but he was for years. I don't see him still trying to dunk on players anymore.

Seriously, the guy is shooting under 38%. There's really no excuse for him. He shouldn't be shooting as much as he does. Its not working. Its not rocket science to see that. Its not his teammates, cause plenty of players in history have been able to do better with just as bad or worst teammates. If they were winning it would be one thing, but they're not even close to that.
    Kobe stubbornness has been his strengths and weaknesses. It was working for him when he was in his prime but now it's working against him. I think he need to set aside his ego and realized that he's not the same player anymore. Take smarter shots, don't take those awful long contested 2s and stop jacking 3s early in the shot clock. Until he does that, things will not get any better for him.

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Wiggins

These stats does not lie. I've seen some of the Lakers games and he's just awful on most of them. I wish Jerry West still works for Lakers. It seems to me that no one from the Lakers have the guts to call him out.

Top 1 Bball Mind.

To think I got banned for saying Kobe was done after the first game of the season.

Byron Scott talking to his team about different options for the last play of the game.
    Option 1. Johnson, to inbound, Kobe gets the ball and take a shot on the left elbow, while the rest of you stay on the right side of the court.
    Option 2. Hill, you inbound the ball, Kobe gets the ball and decide where to get off the shot, while the rest of you to get the hell out of his way.
    Option 3, 4,5, KObe does a shot fake and shoots or pull up whatever.....
    Lin- coach, I went to Harvard, Booze went to Duke under coach K, I seems like the variables seemed like all the same but the conclusions are......
    Scott looks at Jeremy and Carlos and say, you guys suck on defense, so I decided you will not start our games anymore.

Banned

Kobe needs to take a page from Vince Carter. Carter has rejuvenated himself being a spot shooter with some crafty moves.

I never would have thought there would be a day I would take Vince over Kobe.

College star

Quote Originally Posted by KungFuJoe
    Worst teammate ever.

Borderline worst starter in the NBA when you consider impact.

Makes all the money. Plays no defense. Yells at teammatss in front of cameras. Takes all the shots. Loses all the games.

I'm surprised no one has tried to kick his ass in practice. You KNOW his team hates him. They all do.

Kobe is untouchable and it's Scott's fault. For a guy that was supposed to be hard nosed he's showing nothing but how to be a Kobe homer. That answer when asked why Kobe shoots all the last shots ("32k points") was Scott in a nutshell. Spread that to the whole org. Worthy, Magic are quiet as **** now. Stu Lantz (corniest commentator in the league) just blames everyone not named Kobe.
    Pretty much this. There must be a clause in every Laker player contract that explicitly specifies 'you cannot kick Kobe's ass otherwise you'll be liable to pay the organization a billion dollars per year for the rest of your life'.

Scott is a crappy coach - he got hired because Kobe knew he can control him. Weak ass coach.

Quote Originally Posted by WallIn
    It comes down to whether Kobe's friend Byron Scott actually has the balls to coach and limit Kobe's minutes to, let's say 25-30.

Are you kidding Kobe checked himself back into games.