Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Do the Lakers not see the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Jabbar
    well yeah kobe is kinda making it hard for us these past games, getittogetherbe

He's too alpha for his own good right noe
    jabbar criticizing Kobe makes me sad

Good college starter NZStreetBaller's Avatar

Does this mean that all of us kobe stans are now lebron fans??

kobetard

Quote Originally Posted by COnDEMnED
    Truth be told, although I'm a Lakers fan, I'm not one of those sentimental guys who really cares where Kobe ends up in the ranking department, or any other players for that matter. He's probably on the higher end of top 10, but it's not important to me for him to be universally accepted as top 10. Magic, Kareem, Wilt, and Shaq would be who I would be arguing for higher rankings if it was important to me. I don't depreciate Kobe or any of the past Lakers players, legends or otherwise, for what they have done for the organization, but when it comes down to it, I'm a fan of the brand, not the player. The Lakers team is more important to me than the Lakers player. The Lakers could win a championship with Smush Parker as the best player, and I would be just as happy if it happened with Kobe or Shaq or Magic. I'm sure that's an antiquated point of view, but that's just how I see it. Catching and surpassing the Celtics in championship total is more relevant to me than how many championships Kobe has. 5 isn't the magic number (puns are fun), 18 is.
    I hope it's not an antiquated point of view, I remember back when the Kobe trade talks were going on my college buddies and I would keep reminding each other that we were Laker fans first and Kobe fans second, so if he leaves the Lakers that was the end of that.

I do understand when people outside of the US are player fans since there's no real reason for them to root for a certain team.

Good college starter NZStreetBaller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IMObjective
    I hope it's not an antiquated point of view, I remember back when the Kobe trade talks were going on my college buddies and I would keep reminding each other that we were Laker fans first and Kobe fans second, so if he leaves the Lakers that was the end of that.

I do understand when people outside of the US are player fans since there's no real reason for them to root for a certain team.
    Well besides kobe. Steve adams is my favourite player. And considering hes the only one from nz it kind of makes me a player and country fan right??

Local High School Star

They loose games and they know why. If you listen to Jim and Jeanny Buss they make desicions based on phrases their dad said in the past. Thats why they gave Kobe this contract. Now they tried in the summer to get a top 10 player, didnt work out, so they wait for the next summer. Not a good plan, but thats what Jim and Mitch decided to do.

Quote Originally Posted by AirFederer
    I'm curious to if Kobe knows this
    Scott, Wes and others could be seen smiling at the end of the game like they won the damn thing while Kobe was fuming, especially when refs called the jump ball, he cussed the ref out so badly and the nikka didn't even T him up

kobetard

Quote Originally Posted by NZStreetBaller
    Well besides kobe. Steve adams is my favourite player. And considering hes the only one from nz it kind of makes me a player and country fan right??
    Yup, of course everyone's a country fan. The gasol brothers must be gods in Spain.

I actually like Steve Adams too. The type of player you love to hate but love to have on your team.

Damn, just realized Kobe also had 9 TO`s last night

Damn, just realized Kobe also had 9 TO`s last night

Good college starter Relinquish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IMObjective
    Yup, of course everyone's a country fan. The gasol brothers must be gods in Spain.

I actually like Steve Adams too. The type of player you love to hate but love to have on your team.
    I am not a country fan.

OMG! One tyhing is certain; Kobe doesn`t see the real problem (himself)

Bryant didn't envision feeling this fatigued at this point of the season. The Lakers aren't quite a third of the way through their schedule. April 15 is a long ways away.

"I didn't anticipate having to try to do so much, to be honest with you," he said, adding a dry chuckle. "At this stage the body doesn't respond as quickly.

"I understand what the workload is and what I have to do for us to be successful. Now it's just trying to figure out a way to have my body respond to be able to do it."
    Dude comes off as a retard here. For them to be sucsessful, he should be less involved on court. It`s easy.

Real Laker fans must cry when they see this (unless they only think about the tank )

Banned

Dude comes off as a retard here. For them to be sucsessful, he should be less involved on court. It`s easy.

Real Laker fans must cry when they see this (unless they only think about the tank )
    Love kobe, but this nikka is a senile delusional ****er.

At this point, I'm guilty of only thinking about the tank. My season highlights this year were set at seeing Julius Randle develop, Kobe passing Jordan, and watching Jordan Clarkson play. Randle's gone for the year, Kobe passed Jordan in the most anticlimactic way (free throw), and Clarkson is buried on the bench behind Ronnie ****ing Price. I have nothing more to look forward to this year until the trade deadline and the following draft day (if we're bottom 5 or get more picks).

Finishing bottom 5 will be tough..

Better off making a decent push for trades/ FAs, maybe a bargain at the deadline and try for the playoffs imo...

Very good NBA starter

maybe byron scott is secretly enjoying this situation because if the lakers do better, he gets the credit.

but if they continue to suck with kobe playing like this, he can go "don't look at me. look at that guy (kobe). i ain't doing shit."

but owners, even if they won't admit it, probably want to get the high draft pick.