Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: Playoff Analysis: Who is the King of the Playoffs? Kobe | Lebron | Wade?

LOL at giving teams 3 extra points for having HC advantage?

Quote Originally Posted by Indian guy
    Nearly 60% of Kobe's playoff series' the last 5 years have come against Phx/Utah/Denver. Every freaking perimeter star dreams about facing those teams while in bed every night. As the numbers I posted above clearly indicate, against top-level defensive teams, LeBron and Kobe's production is close to a wash. And this is a 21-25 year old LeBron vs. 27-31 year old Kobe.
    Apparently Hulk didn't think of this when posting these logically flawed statistics.

Banned

Default Re: Playoff Analysis: Who is the King of the Playoffs? Kobe | Lebron | Wade?

Nearly 60% of Kobe's playoff series' the last 5 years have come against Phx/Utah/Denver. Every freaking perimeter star dreams about facing those teams while in bed every night. As the numbers I posted above clearly indicate, against top-level defensive teams, LeBron and Kobe's production is close to a wash. And this is a 21-25 year old LeBron vs. 27-31 year old Kobe.
    Is that your excuse. You do know the west is WAY tougher and better than the east by far. Most of the teams that make the playoffs in the east won't even sniff the playoffs in the west. They are that bad.

Lebron has had the luxury of beating up bad teams in the playoffs. But everytime he plays a good team, they lose. Kobe beaten 50 plus teams with consistency, The facts stats states that Lebron has only beaten one 50 plus win team, the rest he has lost to. The evidence does not lie on his side of the court. It doesn't.

Again its not a wash, looking at all the evidence (50 wins, Defensive rating, SRS). Kobe comes up on top easily as the best playoffs performer.
    Last edited by Hulk Hogan; 03-01-2011 at 12:00 AM.

Banned

7 of 13 lebron's series have been against weak 40 win teams like wizards, hawks, nets, bulls. lol

Banned

I think the best playoff performer out of these 3 players is clearly Dwayne Wade.

As a matter of fact, I cant remember one sub-par series from Wade in which he didnt perform to the expected level. He is always efficient and dominating at the same time. The only series I can remember he wasnt that "spectacular" (although he still put up good numbers) was in the 08-09 playoffs against the Atlanta Hawks.

But just take a look at the rest of the series he has played since he started to play the post-season in 2005:

- He had a pretty good playoff-run in the 04/05 (although he was still arguably the second option or 1b option behind Shaq), and the only thing that stopped Miami from reaching the Finals were the defensive powerhouse Pistons who in fact had to play 7 games to defeat them.

- He had a superb playoff-run in the 05/06 season (of course the haters or Kobe/Lebron stans will always blame the refs) dominating first Detroit in the Conference Finals and then putting up one of the best finals performances in the history of the league against Dallas.

- He had a not as impressive series (compared to previous ones) against the Hawks in 2009 but remember those Heat teams were the definition of "awful" and he still managed to take the series to 7 games.

- He had one of the most impressive series ive seen this decade against Boston last year, still playing for the same awful Miami Heat team but you cant blame Wade on that, just look at the numbers for gods sake, dominating with extremely high efficiency.

Now, I can remember some sub-par series from Kobe and Lebron in the last 5/6 years when compared to Wade.

Kobe had an average series against Houston in 2009, is true the whole Lakers team were extremely inconsistent and all, but so was Bryant. He also had a bad Finals performance last year against Boston (same team Dwayne Wade dominated through-out 5 games), who LA won because of a crucial Ron Artest performance in game 7 (awful and disgusting game from Bryant).

And if you want to go a bit further, he had one of the worst Finals performances ive seen from a superstar in the 2004 Finals against Detroit, much worse than he did against the Celtics last year.

What about Lebron? Yeah there is plenty of smack for him too. He had a disgusting performance in the 2007 Finals against the Spurs (alright he took a Cavs team to over-achieve...etc, but still), he should have played much better than he did.

And of course he choked epicly against Boston last year (again, same team Wade dominated) in one of the most disgusting "quiting events" in the history of the NBA. Those 2 series in which Lebron was awful were crucial for the history of the Cleveland Cavaliers franchise, but yet, the higher the expectation is the worse he performes it seems.

To end, I dont want to be catalogued as a Dwayne Wade homer. Im a Los Angeles Lakers fan but im tired of seeing people biased towards some players and so on..., I love Kobe, he is one of my favourites of all-time, but at the same time, I cant forget some of the disgusting Finals performances he had in 2004 and 2010, something I havent seen from Wade yet.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by catch24
    LOL at giving teams 3 extra points for having HC advantage?
    Is that your response. You are yet again proving what we all know. If a statistic favors Kobe, find a way to downgrade it. If it doesn't, maximize it, squeeze a million dollars out of it.

Apparently Hulk didn't think of this when posting these logically flawed statistics.
    I quote "7 of 13 lebron's series have been against weak 40 win teams like wizards, hawks, nets, bulls. lol"

There is huge evidence against Lebron. He is in a weaker conference, he has only won one playoffs game over a 50+ team. He is constantly beating up on bad teams. I guess you didn't think of this when quoting Indian Guy. But since what he said seemed to favor your views, you went along with it.

But the evidence clearly tells us another story.

Of active players, its def Kobe and 100% def not LeBron.

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk Hogan
    Is that your response. You are yet again proving what we all know. If a statistic favors Kobe, find a way to downgrade it. If it doesn't, maximize it, squeeze a million dollars out of it.
    Huh? lol, I don't give a damn whether or not statistics favor Kobe (hell, I think Kobe's 2005-2006 season was just as good if not better than Wade's 2008-2009 season).

Do my a favor and tell me where the 3 extra points come from (the team that has home court).

I quote "7 of 13 lebron's series have been against weak 40 win teams like wizards, hawks, nets, bulls. lol"
    Irrelevant. Some of those 40 win teams play better defense than the 50 win teams Kobe has gone up against, and more importantly, are taylor made for the postseason.

There is huge evidence against Lebron. He is in a weaker conference, he has only won one playoffs game over a 50+ team. He is constantly beating up on bad teams. I guess you didn't think of this when quoting Indian Guy. But since what he said seemed to favor your views, you went along with it.
    And again, most of those teams were better playoff defenses. I'd take my chances playing a team like the Suns, Jazz vs. teams like the Bulls/Celtics who were OK offensively and GREAT defensively.

NBA sixth man of the year Indian guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk Hogan
    You do know the west is WAY tougher and better than the east by far.
    Which is irrelevant, because we're ONLY looking at their production against 50+ win teams. So LeBron's monster series' against average playoff opponents don't even count here. The only games that do count are the ones against Detroit/Boston/SA/Orlando - every single one of them was a Top 5 defensive team when LeBron faced them in the playoffs. The guy's never had the luxury of going up against 50+ win teams who the play the cotton candy defense of Phx/Utah/Denver. His numbers would look very different then.

Bottom line: When LeBron & Kobe have faced similar defensive teams, their production has pretty much been a toss-up.
    Last edited by Indian guy; 03-01-2011 at 12:19 AM.

Banned

Which is irrelevant, because we're ONLY looking at their production against 50+ win teams. So LeBron's monster series' against average playoff opponents don't even count here. The only games that do count are the ones against Detroit/Boston/SA/Orlando - every single one of them was a Top 5 defensive team when LeBron faced them in the playoffs. The guy's never had the luxury of going up against the cotton candy defense of Phx/Utah/Denver 60% of the time. His numbers would look very different then.

Bottom line: When LeBron & Kobe have faced similar defensive teams, their production has pretty much been a toss-up.
    What about Detroit and Atlanta in 2009? Or Chicago in 2010?

Come on.

Quote Originally Posted by Javat_90
    What about Detroit and Atlanta in 2009? Or Chicago in 2010?

Come on.
    Huh? What about them?

Local High School Star

We all watch the playoffs. We know that Lebron has never beaten a half decent team.

The discussion should be between Wade and Kobe and that isn't exactly fair considering how many games Kobe has played.

Banned

Huh? What about them?
    You said Lebron didnt have the luxury of facing candy defense like Phoenix or Denver.

Banned

Huh? lol, I don't give a damn whether or not statistics favor Kobe (hell, I think Kobe's 2005-2006 season was just as good if not better than Wade's 2008-2009 season).
    That has nothing to do with this topic. Plus only a dumbass would think wade's 08/09 was better than kobe's 05/06.

Irrelevant. Some of those 40 win teams play better defense than the 50 win teams Kobe has gone up against, and more importantly, are taylor made for the postseason.

And again, most of those teams were better playoff defenses. I'd take my chances playing a team like the Suns, Jazz vs. teams like the Bulls/Celtics who were OK offensively and GREAT defensively.
    FACTUAL EVIDENCE - NOT OPINIONS:

1. Kobe and Lebron has played an equally amount of 30 games against teams with less than 104 Defensive rating. FACT!

(Therefore the notion that Kobe gets to face teams with no defense is false)

2. Lebron beats up bad teams in a weaker conference, while Kobe beats good teams in a stronger conference. FACT!

3. Defensive rating, Top 5 defensive team, Simple Rating S, 50 Plus Win Teams. Every way you cut it, Kobe comes out on top. FACT!

Notable mentions: LOL Kobe has played boston as much as Lebron has, and WON by the way. FACT!
    Last edited by Hulk Hogan; 03-01-2011 at 12:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Javat_90
    You said Lebron didnt have the luxury of facing candy defense like Phoenix or Denver.
    I meant he didn't have the luxury of facing 50+ win teams that were average defensively like Phx/Utah/Denver. LeBron's played plenty of mediocre opponents in the playoffs, yes, but if you've read the original post, you'll see that Hogan's only counting games against good teams(50+ wins & good SRS).

And advanced stats keep degrading Kobe!

If you look at it in a different perspective, Kobe excels in so many different ways, and he comes through in the biggest moments more often than not. He wins games when it matters the most.

That's why he is a winner.