Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Playoff Analysis: Who is the King of the Playoffs? Kobe | Lebron | Wade?

King of the Post-Season

With something close to 20 games left in the regular season and the playoffs looming ahead. Many assumptions have been made about potential match-ups that some of the elite teams will encounter. Within elite teams are elite players, so today I thought I should look over their playoff performance.

Which player has the most success against elite teams and which players have the most against elite defensive teams? Which player lives off of hype and which player actually dominates? Well let's find out. Kobe, Lebron and Wade being the subject of this discussion. Let's begin by looking at their statistics against teams with 50 plus wins in the regular season.

This statistics is the playoffs data from 05-10 of their performance versus 50-win teams (its worth noting that Lebron has only beaten one 50 win team his entire career.)

From 05'-10' against 50-win teams:
    Kobe - 30.0 ppg, 46.7% FG, 57.0% TS, 5.7 rpg, 5.4 apg
    Wade - 30.0 ppg, 51.3% FG, 59.9% TS, 5.8 rpg, 5.0 apg
    Bron - 28.0 ppg, 42.6% FG, 52.4% TS, 8.2 rpg, 7.3 apg

We see from factual concrete evidence that Kobe & Wade excel while LBJ doesn't perform so well. (Looks like the saying that Lebron regresses in the playoffs isn't that far-fetched). With the post-season creeping up, it is crucial for the heat if they want to win the championship for Wade to step up and lead the team. We can look at this using several perspertive, for example using the defensive rating.

Against Teams with <104 Drtg:

Kobe (30): 28.5/5.8/4.6 with 2.0/0.7 s/b 3.1 tov 53.8% TS, 102.2 avg Opponent Drtg
    Wade (32): 27.3/5.3/6.4 1.9/1.2 s/b 4.1 tov on 57.1% TS, 102.9 avg opponent Drtg
    Lebron (30): 28.4/8.0/7.2 with 1.6/1.0 s/b 4.8 tov 49.9% ts, 101.6 avg opponnent drtg

One of things everyone should take note is the turnovers. Kobe turns the ball over less than the other subjects(wade & lebron). Wade's percentage doesn't take much of a hit while Lebron's does. Mainly because he is a prolific slasher(and his alliance with those wearing black and white uniforms.)

By SRS - Elite Playoff Numbers

Against teams with + 5 SRS:
    Kobe: (38) 30.2/5.5/5.6 with 1.4/0.4 s/b 3.8 tov 57.8% TS
    Wade: (12) 29/6.5/4.7 with 2.3/1.3 s/b 4.2 tov 58.3% TS
    Lebron: (24) 30.0/7.6/7.1 with 1.6/1 s/b 4.4 tov 50.6% TS

Against teams with + 6 SRS:
    Kobe (20) : 34/6.3/6.8 with 1.7/.6 slb 4.3 tov 55.5% TS
    Lebron: (24) 30.0/7.6/7.1 with 1.6/1 s/b 4.4 tov 50.6% TS
    Wade (6): 26.7/5.2/5.5 with 1.8/1.5 s/b 4.7 tov, 68.7% TS

So, yes it is safe to say that Kobe is the best playoff performer from 05 going through 10. Wade also performs extremely well. These stats kinda preps us up for this upcoming post-season because I guarantee you that we will see the same results. But like I previously stated, these are factual concrete evidence showing Kobe is the king of the post season.

Discuss.
    Last edited by Hulk Hogan; 02-28-2011 at 11:48 PM.

Default Re: Playoff Analysis: Who is the King of the Playoffs? Kobe | Lebron | Wade?

pretty easy for me....
    kobe=5 rings
    duncan= 4rings
    Shaq= 4 rings
    wade=2 rings
    vujacic=2 rings

lebron= 0 rings

Banned

Default Re: Playoff Analysis: Who is the King of the Playoffs? Kobe | Lebron | Wade?

Quote Originally Posted by KBryant24
    wade=2 rings
    By the way, wade only has one ring.
    But playing by the rules, I had to dig up statistics so there is no room for doubt no matter who came up on top.
    Last edited by Hulk Hogan; 02-28-2011 at 10:52 PM.

Wow Great Thread Hulk Hogan

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 8BeastlyXOIAD
    Wow Great Thread Hulk Hogan
    Thanks. Glad that you liked it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk Hogan
    By the way, wade only has one ring.
    But playing by the rules, I had to dig up statistics so there is no room for doubt no matter who came up on top.
    oh wow my bad...that is actually kinda embarrassing....i guess i just got caught up in the punchline of "lebron=0" lol

good read though

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk Hogan
    Thanks. Glad that you liked it.
    But really Lebron stats would be much different if he played in the Western Conference. The Teams Lebron lost to which were 50+ win team were all defensive minded.

I believe the Team Bron lost too were Detroit, Boston and Orlando? Am I correct.

Kobe himself didn't put up amazing stats against Both the Celtics and Pistons during those years in the regular season.

Dunking on everybody in the park bl2k8's Avatar

player comparison board on realgm Ftw :

hulk for the win!

el pollo loco siiiiiii

Quote Originally Posted by KBryant24
    pretty easy for me....

wade=2 rings

Giving Wade that 04-05 Championship in his sophmore season that the heat would have won if Rasheed didnt injure him right?

College star

50 win suns and jazz team that only have 25 letters in their alphabet.

Banned

1. Kobe
    2. Wade
    3. Lebron

Come playoff time LBJs crab dribble and flail arms routine doesnt work against legit teams. Its been proven year after year.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwade305

Giving Wade that 04-05 Championship in his sophmore season that the heat would have won if Rasheed didnt injure him right?
    Because they could beat the Spurs right?

Quote Originally Posted by bl2k8

jUST SEEN IT

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bl2k8
    yo does anyone know a mod at realgm? I used to be itsmillertime. they perma-banned my IP address and i cant view the forums anymore. all i did was post a story about beastality. please get me unbanned from at least reading the damn forums