Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Reggie Jackson getting plasma injections

The team hasn't confirmed how much time he may miss, but they're expected to do so very soon.

More: http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=19769

Default Re: Reggie Jackson getting plasma injections

oh God, the color scheme in this board is horrendous.

Decent college freshman

Lol

As for Reggie, we can weather 20 games

Local High School Star Aussie Dunker's Avatar

I believe Ish Smith will do just fine covering for Reggie - probably will look to facilitate our squad a lot more than Reggie with less of a focus on scoring - so expect big starts to the season for the likes of Harris / Dre / Stanley people who like to be fed the ball (Morris just creates his own O so probably wont effect him!).

However my concern does lie in our lack of depth at the position. I almost think Stanley is the best option to play backup PG minutes, as weird as that sounds,

I think at the end of the season, with Reggie missing this time, probably sets our win/loss record back about 3 or 4 games. Which in the scheme of things, could be the difference between a #3 or #8 seed if we look at last years standings...

Announced a few days ago, Reggie will miss 6-8 weeks

http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=19776

He wound up getting treatment on both his knee and his thumb

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Dunker
    I believe Ish Smith will do just fine covering for Reggie - probably will look to facilitate our squad a lot more than Reggie with less of a focus on scoring - so expect big starts to the season for the likes of Harris / Dre / Stanley people who like to be fed the ball (Morris just creates his own O so probably wont effect him!).

However my concern does lie in our lack of depth at the position. I almost think Stanley is the best option to play backup PG minutes, as weird as that sounds,

I think at the end of the season, with Reggie missing this time, probably sets our win/loss record back about 3 or 4 games. Which in the scheme of things, could be the difference between a #3 or #8 seed if we look at last years standings...
    It sure would be nice if Brown or Mccallum can give us 15 solid mpg for 20 games. Unlikely, but not impossibe. SVG does tend to get PG production

The good thing about PRP is that it is non-invasive and doesn't add any additional recovery time outside of standard injury recovery time. Pretty much it will only take time off the process without any real risk

NBA lottery pick

An injury like this means it's going to be tough for this team to compete for a top 4 seed this year. Not to mention a few other guys are already roughed up too. Sure they'll still be playing but they're also still not going into the season at 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSilentKiller
    The good thing about PRP is that it is non-invasive and doesn't add any additional recovery time outside of standard injury recovery time. Pretty much it will only take time off the process without any real risk
    You hit the nail on the head - non-invasive and user friendly - very simple procedure and we see many good results here at the clinic - will not be a miracle procedure but worst case scenario is that it doesn't speed up his recovery, but still wont slow it down at all. Think of this procedure as a rookie with a high floor but not an overly high ceiling. Ellenson-ish ha...

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Dunker
    You hit the nail on the head - non-invasive and user friendly - very simple procedure and we see many good results here at the clinic - will not be a miracle procedure but worst case scenario is that it doesn't speed up his recovery, but still wont slow it down at all. Think of this procedure as a rookie with a high floor but not an overly high ceiling. Ellenson-ish ha...

When I was a college athlete I got PRP and had to provide evidence of the effectiveness of the procedure to my insurance company to get coverage. What's the state of the procedure nowadays? is it more accepted?

I actually used Kobe as an example

So after watching us VS the Suns yesterday start to finish - we really need Reggie back. Ish Smith is great at a few things but his ability to finish around the rim / score / shoot is below average.

We just don't look hungry and it doesn't appear like any of our players have taken a major step forward. I will reserve judgment for when Reggie gets back to see how we gel / look then.

One positive is I have been impressed by Leur, he is rangey, smart, athletic and selfless. Perfect stretch 4 off the bench

NBA lottery pick

Leur has looked good.

One thing young teams do is win at home and lose on the road. That's what the Pistons are doing. Not to mention one of these last two games was against the Clippers who have been red hot to start out this season. Ish Smith is not a starter on a playoff team. The Pistons will without a doubt be better once Reggie gets back. Dre's lack of offense is scary to me. Joel Embiid looks more fluid than he does and he has far less experience. KCP has still been inconsistent. We haven't seen a lot from Johnson (who we all thought would take a big step forward), Harris has been pretty good. So in all yeah this team hasn't been all that impressive in terms of taking another step forward. They look like a team that finishes slightly over .500.

Johsnon has looked good in his limited minutes, he looks crisp but looks like the reigns are on him for some reason, looks more passive this year so far.

And to be honest, I hear you about Dre, but Embiid looks more fluid than pretty much every big guy in the league. He is fantastic to watch and has a load of moves / great touch. The comparisons to Olajuwan appear to be somewhat accurate (on offense)

NBA lottery pick

True, I think once the minutes restriction is lifted off of him and he's deemed 100% healthy he'll be the best C in the league. He really looks like a superstar at that position. And the 76ers still get to tank again and get another great young player or two. That team is going to be loaded in another season.

I think they just have to get Johnson some more minutes. We need to have him grow. He's not going to get better on the bench at this point.

Morris has had a great start to the year but I think it is time for him to go to that second unit and be our go to guy. We struggle to score with our second unit, with Morris, I think he would really thrive in that situation and especially against other teams second units.

Bring Stanimal into the starting lineup and let him and KCP run havoc on defense with their energy.