Page 1 of 14 123411 ... LastLast
    Local High School Star

Default IF Kobe is not top ten all-time, then who is?

Its very easy too pick someone apart and say "WHY THEY ARE NOT" without ever having to give GOOD reason to why someone is so lets have the first discussion not analyzing kobe and analyze these other so called top ten who are just etched in stone as rightful owners of these 10 sacred slots

I will bring up a few names who come up on the majority of the list

Jordan (no explanations needed)
    magic
    bird
    russell
    wilt
    shaq
    duncan
    hakeem
    jabbar
    west

add to this list the rest who are considered top ten and then lets discuss these guys if they truly are top ten and have rights to deny kobe their slot.

first up for discussion

TIM DUNCAN: (IF HE IS TOP TEN TELL US WHY)

Default Re: IF Kobe is not top ten alltime, then who in the world is ??????????????????????

Of course he is.

13 all NBA teams.
    13 all defensive teams.
    4 championships
    3 finals mvps
    2 mvps
    Roty

He's more accomplished than Kobe, and Kobe's in my top 10. So Timmy easily makes it.

Default Re: IF Kobe is not top ten alltime, then who in the world is ??????????????????????

Kobe is top 10... 11 at the lowest imo. TD is top 9 at the least for me

He is, he's clearly better then Jerry West and soon to be better then Hakeem.

Quote Originally Posted by Papaya Petee
    He is, he's clearly better then Jerry West and soon to be better then Hakeem.

Hakeem is better than Shaq and Duncan, what the hell are you talking about? Have you ever even seen the man play??

Quote Originally Posted by Bosnian Sajo
    Hakeem is better than Shaq and Duncan, what the hell are you talking about? Have you ever even seen the man play??
    This.

And to OP - Kobe is borderline Top10, if he wins championship now and gets Finals MVP - he will secure his spot in the Top10 IMO, if he loses - this wont improve his resume.

You're 18... Neither have you.

What is Hakeem better at? Defense?

Shaq's won more, better peak, more accomplished, better longevity.
    Hakeem hasn't got shit on Shaq.

Quote Originally Posted by plowking

I actually have seen him play, my dad was a huge fan and he has recorded some 100 games of Hakeem playing, and I have watched all of them. (including the finals Shaq vs. Hakeem)

Hakeem did much better than Shaq when they played against each other.

And its not all about accomplishments, Hakeem was just a better player than Shaq (no disrespect to Shaq, because he is great too, but even Shaq says so! ).

IDK, I might just be a homer, but this is my opinion and we are all entitled to our own opinion, no?

Quote Originally Posted by plowking

Hakeem was better than Shaq at everything except scoring from under the basket Offense wise they are close (I would still take Dream because of better versatility, range and clutchness), defense and leadership wise they arent even close.

National High School Star dough's Avatar

You're top ten interrogation marks. All time.

NBA Superstar

I actually have seen him play, my dad was a huge fan and he has recorded some 100 games of Hakeem playing, and I have watched all of them. (including the finals Shaq vs. Hakeem)
    I call BS.

Shaq was a rookie, Hakeem was at his peak.

And its not all about accomplishments,
    in this situation (all time ranking) it is most certainly about accomplishments.

Hakeem was just a better player than Shaq (no disrespect to Shaq, because he is great too, but even Shaq says so! ).
    Pat Ewing took Hakeem to 7 games. Shaq dominated like NO ONE (MJ included) since Wilt for a few years, that is better than anything Hakeem ever did, and comparing what Hakeem did to rookie Shaq is like comparing what veteran Shaq did to Raptors Hakeem.

You cannot call Hakeem 'just a better player' if Shaq's peak was higher.

NBA rookie of the year Rockets(T-mac)'s Avatar

"IF Kobe is not top ten alltime, then who in the world is ??????????????????????"

I am, that's who.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rockets(T-mac)
    "IF Kobe is not top ten alltime, then who in the world is ??????????????????????"

I am, that's who.
    So are everyone in here for that matter:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/50_Grea...in_NBA_History

Quote Originally Posted by Harison
    This.

And to OP - Kobe is borderline Top10, if he wins championship now and gets Finals MVP - he will secure his spot in the Top10 IMO, if he loses - this wont improve his resume.
    well this goes to last year where everyone went if kobe wins he is top 10...somehow he did not get there in the mind of all the haters.

frankly i dont care what you guys think. haters will be haters. we need to win the ship and close down to one from boston.

Its about the lakers and we cleary are the best in the world.

And its not all about accomplishments, Hakeem was just a better player than Shaq (no disrespect to Shaq, because he is great too, but even Shaq says so! ).

IDK, I might just be a homer, but this is my opinion and we are all entitled to our own opinion, no?
    Like Jizzo has said. I doubt the first bit. Shaq was a rookie, who held his own. It is, and Shaq is more accomplished. He had a better peak.

And yes you are a homer. You're also a Kobe fan, so its clear why you'd look to rank Shaq lower than he actually is.