Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: The Second Pick

Former Bulls Fan.

Default Re: The Second Pick

I bump this thread every year before the draft.

My prediction is that if the Cavs pick either Embiid or Wiggins at #1 (and they will) whoever they pick, will be a bust. Bucks will surely pick Jabari at #2 and i'm 100% sure Jabari will be the best player in this draft.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by LosBulls
    I bump this thread every year before the draft.

My prediction is that if the Cavs pick either Embiid or Wiggins at #1 (and they will) whoever they pick, will be a bust. Bucks will surely pick Jabari at #2 and i'm 100% sure Jabari will be the best player in this draft.
    Because of patterns that aren't even there.

Former Bulls Fan.

Quote Originally Posted by moe94
    Because of patterns that aren't even there.

Former Bulls Fan.

Quote Originally Posted by LosBulls
    Has anybody noticed that for who knows how long, we have had players who haven't lived up to expectations between the #1 and #2 Picks?

I'm starting to believe it isn't a coincidence. It Isn't. Teams simply LOVE to take risks and go for the guy they think has the most potential over the already established one, and end up paying for it. The #1 and #2 ALWAYS,ALWAYS, come down to Potential Vs Established.

If enough GMs knew this, we would have these soft ass euro players (Sorry Pekovic) being drafted where they belong. And it's not their fault, it's the dumb ass GMs who draft them and continue to not only play them, but pay them 10s of millions of dollars by taking a RISK again thinking they will come through.

This right here I like to call, The Kwame Choice.

I'll explain this post by taking you through the last decade of drafts:

2011 Draft: Derrick Williams (Hes good, but he hasn't lived up to the hype being benched behind a former second pick Michael Beasley)

2010 Draft: Evan Turner (Hes been getting minutes, but also hasn't lived up to the hype)

2009: Hasheem Thabeet (Nuff said, couple D-League trips)

2008: Michael Beasley (Once pinned to be one of the best PFs in the NBA, yet still a good player, not as good as a lot of his classmates)

2007: Kevin Durant[COLOR="Red"]*[/COLOR] (The 1st Pick goes to the "potential" guy Greg Oden over the best choice again)

2006: LaMarcus Aldridge[COLOR="Red"]*[/COLOR] (The 1st Pick goes to the "potential" guy Andrea Bargnani)

2005: Marvin Williams (Marvin Williams over Deron and CP3)

2004: Emeka Okafor (Magic almost picked him over Dwight)

2003: Darko Milicic (Haha)

2002: Jay Williams (If only Houston would of let Yao Ming slide to the Bulls with the 2nd Pick)

Funny how Portland could of had Aldridge and Durant if they would of played it safe the following draft also.

Bump

2012 - MKG
    2013- Bennett (#1)