Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678
    I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease with malice's Avatar

Default Re: If I could pick any two players in NBA history to build a team around....

Quote Originally Posted by Math2
    Best Center/Best NBA Player/Biggest Winner

Don't care about any of them?
    Not what I meant - the majority of "Best Center" lists have Kareem at #1. Same with best NBA players - Kareem's usually ranked ahead of Russell.
    Biggest Winner? That's a rather vague concept - but if in terms of rings, yes: Russell wins that one clearly (and the thing I like about that in regard to Russell is for each he was the primary reason the ring was won).
    Don't get me wrong: I like Russell (as much as any Lakerfan can)... but I don't believe he was as good as Kareem.

Default Re: If I could pick any two players in NBA history to build a team around....

Magic Johnson and Shaquille O'Neal. That would be scary.

Quote Originally Posted by with malice
    Not what I meant - the majority of "Best Center" lists have Kareem at #1. Same with best NBA players - Kareem's usually ranked ahead of Russell.
    Biggest Winner? That's a rather vague concept - but if in terms of rings, yes: Russell wins that one clearly (and the thing I like about that in regard to Russell is for each he was the primary reason the ring was won).
    Don't get me wrong: I like Russell (as much as any Lakerfan can)... but I don't believe he was as good as Kareem.
    11 rings....I think Kareem is a really, really good center....not the best though (Celtic fan opinion though...)