Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Bill Simmons: "If LeBron wants to win rings, he'll go to Oklahoma City Thunder"

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    Kaman MIGHT be able to be moved for expirers, but then all of a sudden the team is missing a quality center.

Thornton is an option. you are right. You don't think they would pick that up? You think they'll just let him and his cheap contract go?

Also, the Clippers are one of the worst organizations in professional sports ever. You think Lebron's legacy is to be a Clipper? Wow....and play in the shadow of the Lakers? C'mon....I seriously doubt it.

But the question is moot, because right now, Clips won't have cap space.
    Baron: $13m
    Griffin: $5.4m
    Gordon:$3m
    Kaman:$11.3m
    Telfair:$2.7m
    Jordan:$0.9m

Total: $36.3m

What's the projected cap? $53m?

That would but them $16.7m under - which is in Max Contract range.

Thorton would have to be let go... but who wouldn't trade Thorton for LBJ? They play the same position, anyhow.

I'm saying, it's possible - if Lebron is truly serious about winning championships.

Default Re: Bill Simmons: "If LeBron wants to win rings, he'll go to Oklahoma City Thunder"

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsmoke
    what about the Lakers
    Money.

He suggested Portland, but Chad Ford shot that down becauyse of the money issue.

Also Ford said Chicago would need to let Ty Thomas go to have a shot.

It's funny to think about, but if he is going to go where he has the best chance to win the most titles, the Thunder and the Clippers are his best options.

This is why i think he'll stay in Cleveland.

Quote Originally Posted by A Roc 23
    The Clippers would be a great team for Lebron too. Eric Gordon is a sharp shooter who is going to be great. Perfect 2nd option next to Lebron. Griffin is one of the up coming power forward stars. Kaman is the rough big guy who can still run with Lebron. Novak and Butler are 2 shooters that would work with Lebron. Camby could be a pace changer along with Smith. Thornton and Telfair could be packaged for more shooting.

The only thing I'm not sure about is Baron and Lebron. I'm not sure their games go together at this point.

Baron
    Gordon
    Lebron
    Griffin
    Kaman

is sick. The bench looks good too.
    Griffen is worthless until proven otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by lilgodfather1
    Griffen is worthless until proven otherwise.
    And you can't spell. Neither my post nor yours adds anything to the conversation, but at least mine is a fact and not a baseless opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by G.O.A.T
    Money.

He suggested Portland, but Chad Ford shot that down becauyse of the money issue.

Also Ford said Chicago would need to let Ty Thomas go to have a shot.

It's funny to think about, but if he is going to go where he has the best chance to win the most titles, the Thunder and the Clippers are his best options.

This is why i think he'll stay in Cleveland.
    You are forgetting that he could go to NJN. I like to look at all the options, and that option is a great one actually IMO the greatest one. Even over Cleveland. Nets have Lopez (top 10 C), Harris (top 5 PG), Lee and the cap capabilities to sign TWO superstars next offseason. As in LeBron and Bosh and that would make their team look like this

Harris
    Lee
    Bron
    Bosh
    Lopez

that team right there is so young and oozing with potential that it is sickening.

And you can't spell. Neither my post nor yours adds anything to the conversation, but at least mine is a fact and not a baseless opinion.
    I think that Griffen will be good, but you can't say that he is an up and coming star at the PF spot when he has not touched a ball in the NBA yet. That is like saying that Rubio will be the GOAT.

You are forgetting that he could go to NJN. I like to look at all the options, and that option is a great one actually IMO the greatest one. Even over Cleveland. Nets have Lopez (top 10 C), Harris (top 5 PG), Lee and the cap capabilities to sign TWO superstars next offseason. As in LeBron and Bosh and that would make their team look like this

Harris
    Lee
    Bron
    Bosh
    Lopez

that team right there is so young and oozing with potential that it is sickening.
    If all that happens then yes, that's a very good team,. but Lebron won't sign unless all that does.

Harris has a ways to go to be a top 5 PG

and Same for Lopez as a top 10 center and though I really like both players, they alone are not enough to lure Lebron over combos like Harden, Durant, Green and Westbrook and Griffin, Gordon and Davis.

Thanks for adding them as a contender, Simmons and Ford did not bring them upo and they'd slipped my mind too.

Does Jay-Z still have something to do with them?

7-time NBA All-Star OneMoreSucka's Avatar

Knowing how to spell and knowing someone's name are two completely different things.

If all that happens then yes, that's a very good team,. but Lebron won't sign unless all that does.

Harris has a ways to go to be a top 5 PG

and Same for Lopez as a top 10 center and though I really like both players, they alone are not enough to lure Lebron over combos like Harden, Durant, Green and Westbrook and Griffin, Gordon and Davis.

Thanks for adding them as a contender, Simmons and Ford did not bring them upo and they'd slipped my mind too.

Does Jay-Z still have something to do with them?
    They are my biggest worry because IMO Lopez is a top 10 C (Yao, Dwight, Shaq, Nene, Jefferson, are the only ones I see no argument for him being better than) this season, or at least will be in 2010 with a little more experience. I also believe Harris is a top 5 PG but of course that is all just my opinion. And yes Jay Z does have something to do with the team still.

Bill Simmons obviously stole the idea from me since i posted that on ISH long time ago.

OKC will have enough cap space to sign lebron and some more.

Durant+Lebron = 10 championships at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Rekindled
    Bill Simmons obviously stole the idea from me since i posted that on ISH long time ago.

OKC will have enough cap space to sign lebron and some more.

Durant+Lebron = 10 championships at least.
    Get rid of the 0 after the 1 and I agree.

They could win a bunch though for sure.

I love the idea.

The Supersonics are my favorite team in the West anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Darius

That would but them $16.7m under - which is in Max Contract range.
    Well you've given up Thornton which immediately makes teh Clippers less desirable. That won't happen anyway. Why are Clippers renouncing one of their best young players?

Even it does, NBA has rules that have "cap holds" for a minimum amount of players. Not exactly sure how it works, but I think there is a cap hold for 12 players at least. So in other words, Clippers would have six "cap holds" for unsigned players for at least NBA minimum. They need at least 12 players right? So there realistically isn't the cap space you think there is.

If under the cap, there is no MLE exception. So you need to max cap space for Lebron AND cap space to fill out rest of roster. It ain't happening unless Davis or Kaman go.

I think that Griffen will be good, but you can't say that he is an up and coming star at the PF spot when he has not touched a ball in the NBA yet. That is like saying that Rubio will be the GOAT.
    Except one averaged 23/14 60%fg as the star of his D1 program and the other is unknown in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by Darius
    Except one averaged 23/14 60%fg as the star of his D1 program and the other is unknown in the US.
    Same rules to me. I haven't seen either play an NBA game so they are of equal status to players such as Pavlovic, wait that's insulting to Pavs how about equal status to Kinsey.

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    Well you've given up Thornton which immediately makes teh Clippers less desirable. That won't happen anyway. Why are Clippers renouncing one of their best young players?
    Wow, Thornton is damn overrated.