Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-06-2006, 07:02 PM   #1
GoRapz
Fire Dwane Casey

GoRapz has decent reputation
Default The Carry Call in the NBA

completely useless, players do it all the time. I see alot of PG's doing it when they're dribbling it up the court.
GoRapz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 07:04 PM   #2
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

bigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this board

Most inconsistent call in all of basketball

Its hilarious to see guys like Iverson start barking at the refs when they don't call it on the other team.
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 07:06 PM   #3
Seņor Cedric
why live??

Seņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

No such thing in the NBA.

I nthe recent FIBA rule changes, if you carry the ball in a situation that isn't going to overtly help the offending team, it is not called now.

This leads me to think that skills will be on the decline. Sloppy players will be making good leagues.

Continuation/ Advantage rules are pathetic
Seņor Cedric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 07:07 PM   #4
Spike Spiegel
Local High School Star

Spike Spiegel has decent reputationSpike Spiegel has decent reputation

Redd's gotten called for it a few times this year. I agree though that refs are wildly inconsistant in calling carries.
Spike Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 08:19 PM   #5
konex
3-time NBA All-Star

konex is considered somewhat coolkonex is considered somewhat coolkonex is considered somewhat cool

Refs call it when they want to slow one team's momentum
konex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 09:26 PM   #6
gengiskhan
Banned

gengiskhan has a bad reputationgengiskhan has a bad reputationgengiskhan has a bad reputation
Default Re: The Carry Call in the NBA

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRapz
completely useless, players do it all the time. I see alot of PG's doing it when they're dribbling it up the court.

6 yrs after creation of this thread. you are so right. Carry call is completely useless. now they carry left right and center.
gengiskhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 09:29 PM   #7
FKAri
Good college starter

FKAri is a pretty well-respected posterFKAri is a pretty well-respected posterFKAri is a pretty well-respected poster

Even obvious carries where a PG's dribble is interrupted by pressure and he is forced to carry it....IS NOT CALLED!

So frustrating.
FKAri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 09:36 PM   #8
code green
C's Fan since Dee

code green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRapz

Pretty much every point guard does, including the elites. It's almost laughable when they actually call it now...I'm inclined to agree with konex.
code green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 09:56 PM   #9
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Euroleague is a pretty well-respected posterEuroleague is a pretty well-respected posterEuroleague is a pretty well-respected posterEuroleague is a pretty well-respected poster

I don't think it's even considered illegal in the NBA. They just very rarely call it to take away a possession from a team. It's just like players taking 3 steps with no dribble.

Regardless of whatever people thought the rule was, you could always take 3 steps in the NBA without getting called for a travel violation. Same with the carry violation. Some players like Rondo, Wade, and Iverson sometimes would carry every single time they touched the ball in a game.
Euroleague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 09:31 AM   #10
stephanieg
College superstar

stephanieg is a pretty well-respected posterstephanieg is a pretty well-respected posterstephanieg is a pretty well-respected poster

As a ref, you have to have a go to move if your team isn't going to cover.
stephanieg is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: