Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 09-18-2013, 07:46 PM   #16
Lebron23
2nd Greatest Player

Default Re: How Kevin Durant Can Win MVP

He needs to put up better all around numbers than King James. I feel that lebron is going to average 29 or 30 ppg next season.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 07:48 PM   #17
KG215
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
I actually watch the games. These are reasons why Durant is clear notch below LeBron, still.
First off, I'm going to guess you don't watch more than the 10-15 nationally televised OKC games you happen to catch throughout the year because some of your beliefs about Durant as a player aren't true anymore. But that's a different conversation.

Let's pretend all of those things were true for a second, what does that have to do with him being a true MVP caliber player? Like I said, the reason he doesn't already have 2-3 MVP's is because one of the 5 or 10 best players ever is at his peak. Durant's had seasons the last two years that would've been MVP seasons plenty of other years throughout NBA history. I mean how many years, ever, does a 28-8-5, 50/40/90 season on a 60-win, 1st place team not win MVP? So this notion that he's not already a true MVP caliber player is just wrong.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 07:51 PM   #18
juju151111
NBA All-star

Quote:
I actually watch the games. These are reasons why Durant is clear notch below LeBron, still.
Durant is that far behind LJ.
juju151111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 07:54 PM   #19
SamuraiSWISH
For the Culture

Quote:
Originally Posted by juju151111
Durant is that far behind LJ.
He still doesn't impact defensively like LeBron, nor does he make plays to be in the discussion with LeBron's dimensions and versatility. Even in terms of scoring, I watch how Durant gets his PPG numbers. Kid gets gift wrapped massive amount of soft calls that put him on the free throw line every game.
SamuraiSWISH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 08:19 PM   #20
KG215
NBA Superstar

Quote:
He still doesn't impact defensively like LeBron, nor does he make plays to be in the discussion with LeBron's dimensions and versatility. Even in terms of scoring, I watch how Durant gets his PPG numbers. Kid gets gift wrapped massive amount of soft calls that put him on the free throw line every game.
You make it sound like of the, roughly, 5 trips to the FT line he got each game last season, 3-4 of them were gift-wrapped trips. He draws 1 or 2 egregious or semi-egregious fouls per game on a bad night. Most of them are legit fouls.

Now, the better argument would be what he does to draw those fouls. He's figured out his freakishly long arms can be used to draw fouls. When he's going in for a layup, runner or jumper in and around the lane, defenders are swiping and getting arm or wrist where a normal player's hand/ball would be. Sometimes he basically just throws his arms up, knowing the defender(s) is going to hack, and most of the time they get his arm or wrist, not the ball. It's not that the fouls aren't at least semi-legit, it's how he draws some of them that's questionable.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 11:09 PM   #22
Simple Jack
Schrempf Scampi

Quote:
Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
AAAAAAAAND Lebron doesn't? By all-time standards, Lebron is about as soft as it gets. I agree KD doesn't impact games defensively like Lebron, but if we're talking about softness I think that's one area of Lebron's game Lebron fans should keep quiet about, since it certainly isn't one of his better attributes

Why do you insist on hating on LeBron all the time. You really would be a great poster (nh) if you didn't come off as a huge douche every time LeBron is brought up.
Simple Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 11:28 PM   #23
juju151111
NBA All-star

Quote:
What KD is a better one on one defender then LJ. LJ is a better help defender, but KD gets more blow and stls. What separates them is LJ ability to create.
juju151111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 03:41 AM   #25
Hoopz2332
College star

Quote:
Originally Posted by juju151111
What KD is a better one on one defender then LJ. LJ is a better help defender, but KD gets more blow and stls. What separates them is LJ ability to create.

KD isn't in any way a better 1 on1 defender than lebron.
Hoopz2332 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 03:45 AM   #26
Collie
College star

He just has to stay close to Lebron, and Lebron to have an average (for him) year. If OKC has the best West record, I think he gets it. Think of it as Barkley over MJ in 93, where MJ was still clearly the deserving MVP but Barkley got it because of voter burnout and the fact that the Bulls won "only" 57 games.
Collie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 04:58 AM   #27
LuigiChambles
Learning to shoot layups

I like his chances this season.
LuigiChambles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 05:32 AM   #28
SpurrDurr
Local High School Star

Lebron will always be the best player in the league for the next few years but i belive after a while he ll stop getting MVPs.

NBA needs to fuel a rivalry for marketing purpose and the obvious choice for now is Lebron vs Durant and OKC vs Heat.

Durant is the clear cut 2nd best player in the world right now and i belive he' ll get 1 MVP in the next couple years even tho he ll never be as good as Lebron.
SpurrDurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 07:29 AM   #29
Crafty
fcporto

Just because Lebron is the best on the league, doesn't mean is going to win the MVP award every year.
Rose won it without being it.
I think that if Durant ends the season with the best record in the league and puts up numbers like 28/6, again in the 50-40-90 club he might do it, and maybe an improvement on defense.
I just don't see Lebron getting 5 MVPs in 6 years.
Crafty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 02:58 PM   #30
inclinerator
Future NBA G.O.A.T

by not being second
inclinerator is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: