Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Default Re: Scoring differentials of the best players ever from the regular season to the playoff

Quote Originally Posted by scandisk_
    [COLOR="Red"]-7.6[/COLOR]

The BIG DIPPER Indeed

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/wilt?s=t

wilt

verb (used without object)
    1. to become limp and drooping, as a fading flower; wither.
    2. to lose strength, vigor, assurance, etc.: to wilt after a day's hard work.

verb (used with object)
    3. to cause to wilt.

noun
    4. the act of wilting, or the state of being wilted: a sudden wilt of interest in the discussion.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just saying..........
    Last edited by Euroleague; 08-27-2015 at 05:33 PM.

Default Re: Scoring differentials of the best players ever from the regular season to the playoff

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/wilt?s=t

wilt

verb (used without object)
    1. to become limp and drooping, as a fading flower; wither.
    2. to lose strength, vigor, assurance, etc.: to wilt after a day's hard work.

verb (used with object)
    3. to cause to wilt.

noun
    4. the act of wilting, or the state of being wilted: a sudden wilt of interest in the discussion.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just saying..........
    holy shit

didn't know you can be funny euroleague

Quote Originally Posted by rmt
    His points are inflated with the way teams are choosing to defend him. Never seen a superstar in his prime not being double-teamed as much as Lebron. Teams are choosing to single-cover him - don't know if that's a sign of respect for his passing/team mates or disrespect for his shooting.

Kerr should have had them double-team Lebron the moment Kyrie went down - series would have been much shorter - instead he continued single coverage and allowed Lebron to score/build up unwarranted mystique.
    i still can't understand this myth that persists that Lebron is being "single-coveraged" when pretty much every coach has stated that they defend Lebron as a team. watch any replay closely and you will see the entire opposing 5 players on court have all eyes on Lebron when he has the ball and will swarm him the moment he makes his move.

parker

noun
    1. a particular Euroleague variety of goat

spanoulis

noun
    1. an NBA reject

giannis

proper noun
    1. the Greek goat
    Last edited by Marchesk; 08-27-2015 at 05:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marchesk
    parker

noun
    1. a particular Euroleague variety of goat

spanoulis

noun
    1. an NBA reject

giannis

proper noun
    1. the Greek goat

Quote Originally Posted by I<3NBA
    i still can't understand this myth that persists that Lebron is being "single-coveraged" when pretty much every coach has stated that they defend Lebron as a team. watch any replay closely and you will see the entire opposing 5 players on court have all eyes on Lebron when he has the ball and will swarm him the moment he makes his move.
    A lot of people that say stuff like that never played any kind of organized basketball. They don't understand anything at all about defense, other than 2 players right on top of a guy is a "double team", and anything else is "single coverage".

It probably also comes from if you don't understand even basic basketball, all you get is from what the announcers say on TV. And they tend to refer to it as that - because they always say stuff like a player is only double teamed if a second player runs to him at the ball.

In reality, a team can play a 5 against 1 team schemed defense, without even needing to double team if they want. But people that don't understand anything about basic defense, would call that "single coverage".

There are very few people in this site that can even grasp this, because they have no clue at all about how organized basketball works.

Quote Originally Posted by I<3NBA
    Maybe my eyes are deceiving me when I don't see Lebron double-teamed the way Kobe or Duncan were in their heyday. But somehow I don't think so. It's not like I haven't watched a lot of Lebron in the Finals vs the Spurs. I do acknowledge that they defended him differently in 2013 (when they sagged off him and dared him to shoot) vs 2014 when Leonard played up into him. But GSW did the same thing - single covered with Iggy (which I thought was a mistake after Kyrie went down). The teams try to play team defense all the time. And yes, of course they're watching him because he has the ball in his hands so much but I don't see where they "swarm" him.

I did say that it might be a sign of respect of Lebron's passing, but it definitely ain't 3 defenders draped all over him like Kobe. Of course, Kobe would be cocky/stupid enough to take those shots while Lebron would do the correct pass to an open team mate.