Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

Default Re: De'Angelo Russel disrespects Kobe ONCE AGAIN

Quote Originally Posted by Kawhi m8

And the context was its only because he was too young to watch Jordan, Kobe was the Jordan of his era.

Nice try but
    you're a moron Russ obviously respects and looks up to Kobe

I guess Kobe only liked Jordan because he was too young to watch Dr J, guess we forgot the context

NBA rookie of the year Rockets(T-mac)'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    IDK man, T-Mac is the reason I first followed the NBA at all, but not having cable and being pretty young and focused on baseball, I maybe saw him play on TV a handful of times over the years. I still remember watching him score a shit ton on Christmas Day in 2004
    IIRC Shaqattack (one of the GOAT posters, sadly the idiots probably made him sick of this board) theorized that his constant back issues not only inhibited his driving ability, but also made it harder for him to elevate on his shot, thus making it more flat and less accurate.

I wish I knew more about basketball back then and had got to watch more, even now I'm still learning more all the time about the game. It's hard to watch every team though, closest I got was 2012 when I watched almost every Heat game and many Lakers games as well as some other teams
    This is true to an extent. His back problems led to a lot of deficiencies in his game. Constantly being concerned about your back is gonna make you do everything differently. He no longer drove as much or as hard. Started relying on his jumper far too much, which got worse over time as his injuries became worse. His defense went from very good, to bad/inconsistent.

Back and kneed problems are probably the worst injuries you could get as a ball player, and he had both of them at a point in his career. Sucks.

TMac was incredible. Him and Vince are the reason I got hooked into the NBA. He played kind of like Harden, made the game look effortless. He was better than Harden though.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockets(T-mac)
    This is true to an extent. His back problems led to a lot of deficiencies in his game. Constantly being concerned about your back is gonna make you do everything differently. He no longer drove as much or as hard. Started relying on his jumper far too much, which got worse over time as his injuries became worse. His defense went from very good, to bad/inconsistent.

Back and kneed problems are probably the worst injuries you could get as a ball player, and he had both of them at a point in his career. Sucks.
    Yeah, as much as I enjoy seeing LeBron win it all and be considered an ATG, part of me always wishes that was T-Mac, because I always thought he looked like he was barely trying and would go off. He was easy to like Will always wish he had a different career path, and that I had got to watch him more (one day maybe I will go back and do that).

Also, for as inefficient as T-Mac was later in his career, he offset that somewhat by the fact that he had an insanely low turnover rate for a ball dominant wing player.

NBA rookie of the year Rockets(T-mac)'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    Yeah, as much as I enjoy seeing LeBron win it all and be considered an ATG, part of me always wishes that was T-Mac, because I always thought he looked like he was barely trying and would go off. He was easy to like Will always wish he had a different career path, and that I had got to watch him more (one day maybe I will go back and do that).

Also, for as inefficient as T-Mac was later in his career, he offset that somewhat by the fact that he had an insanely low turnover rate for a ball dominant wing player.
    Yea his playmaking doesn't get enough love. I honestly think his passing was pretty close to lebron level. His ability to run an offense was awesome.

One of the Goodfellas NBAplayoffs2001's Avatar

De'Angelo looked like an absolute bum in summer league.

Quote Originally Posted by Velocirap31
    TMac was incredible. Him and Vince are the reason I got hooked into the NBA. He played kind of like Harden, made the game look effortless. He was better than Harden though.
    I started watching NBA more and more once Carter came into play in the early 2000s when the Knicks were starting to decline quickly. Good fallback since he had about 2 good years and that legendary 2000 dunk contest

NBA rookie of the year senelcoolidge's Avatar

Seems like Russell's basketball acuity is just as slow as his first step.

Quote Originally Posted by senelcoolidge
    Seems like Russell's basketball acuity is just as slow as his first step.

TMac was better than Kobe. He and Shaq together would have won 5 years straight.

D'Alphalo

Quote Originally Posted by miles berg
    TMac was better than Kobe. He and Shaq together would have won 5 years straight.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Velocirap31
    That's actually a solid comparison. TMac had VERY similar skills as harden overall. Except he was 6-9...

Quote Originally Posted by ShawkFactory
    That's actually a solid comparison. TMac had VERY similar skills as harden overall. Except he was 6-9...
    And a much better athlete

College star

Quote Originally Posted by Kawhi m8
    No one with a brain respects Kobe ever
    FTFY