Default Woj - Hornets finalizing 4 year/$52 million extension to Michael Kidd-Gilchrist

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources...145106375.html

Charlotte Hornets*forward*Michael Kidd-Gilchrist*is finalizing a four-year, $52 million contract extension, league sources told Yahoo Sports.

The agreement will be finalized this week with a news conference to follow, league sources said.

As a member of the 2012 NBA draft class, Kidd-Gilchrist is eligible for a rookie extension prior to the start of the 2015-16 season.

Kidd-Gilchrist, the No. 2 overall pick in the draft, has developed into a cornerstone player for the Hornets at small forward. With the extension, the Hornets and Kidd-Gilchrist will avoid him becoming a restricted free agent next summer.

Kidd-Gilchrist, 21, has dramatically improved his offensive game with a recreated jump shot. Already, he was one of coach Steve Clifford's most important defensive players. Kidd-Gilchrist averaged 10.9 points and 7.6 rebounds for Charlotte last season, his third in the league.

Decent playground baller KnittingRyu's Avatar

Default Re: Woj - Hornets finalizing 4 year/$52 million extension to Michael Kidd-Gilchrist

Seems like a great deal compared to the other signings this summer.

Default Re: Woj - Hornets finalizing 4 year/$52 million extension to Michael Kidd-Gilchrist

He started to put it together last season before he got hurt. The team was noticeably better with MKG on the court, despite his lack of offense.

Beast.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by LoneyROY7
    Beast.

He fixed his jump shot last year but that shit was hilarious. He'd end up with his body facing away from the ring on some jumpers.

NBA rookie of the year senelcoolidge's Avatar

He won't live up to being the #2 pick. Serviceable player. Can a play some defense, that's it. Get's hurt a lot. Struggles offensively.

with God-given ass JimmyMcAdocious's Avatar

iirc the numbers with him on the court vs off were staggering. Should be interesting how he and Batum fit.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyMcAdocious
    iirc the numbers with him on the court vs off were staggering. Should be interesting how he and Batum fit.
    I think we'll see more small ball units in order to try to spread the floor more. I don't think Kemba-MKG-Batum-Williams-Jefferson is a great unit on either side of the floor. MKG is a defender who really makes an impact. I don't think he's played great as a smallball 4 in the past, but who knows what'll happen.

Overall, I think this is very fair for the Hornets. I think MKG could have held out for more, honestly. Maybe he has a 3rd-year player option, though. That option seemed to affect the annual salary of the J-Val extension.

Quote Originally Posted by SwishSquared
    I think we'll see more small ball units in order to try to spread the floor more. I don't think Kemba-MKG-Batum-Williams-Jefferson is a great unit on either side of the floor. MKG is a defender who really makes an impact. I don't think he's played great as a smallball 4 in the past, but who knows what'll happen.

Overall, I think this is very fair for the Hornets. I think MKG could have held out for more, honestly. Maybe he has a 3rd-year player option, though. That option seemed to affect the annual salary of the J-Val extension.

He does. MKG has improved steadily and has a great work ethic. His value to the team is already high and he's only 21. Smart to get him extended before the real mad money hits free agency.

The only player to jump whilst taking free throws.

2nd pick almost always ends up letting people down. Still though, MKG is a steal at that price. He may max out as prime Crash, but that is still pretty damn good and definitely a starter on a decent team.

Fantastic deal for a solid player with a lot of room to grow still. Dude is still only 21.