Page 134 of 166 FirstFirst ... 3484124131132133134135136137144 ... LastLast
Results 1,996 to 2,010 of 2487
    NBA lottery pick

Default Re: ☆NBA General FA/Trade Ideas | Rumors | Offseason | Discussion | Roster

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Dogg
    I was rather excited that Luke spoke with Larry Sanders, he would be a great running mate for the youngsters as a rim protector and rebounder.

Obviously we have the issue of Mozgod and what to do with that contract, not to mention Tarik playing so well and the development of Zubac, but I for one would love to see Larry here.
    I thought about that too. I think someone is going to get a steal with Sanders. The Lakers have plenty of bigs though and Tarik and Zubac seem to be playing well. Zubac seems like the future here too. Still I think it's smart they met with Sanders.

Default Re: ☆NBA General FA/Trade Ideas | Rumors | Offseason | Discussion | Roster

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    I thought about that too. I think someone is going to get a steal with Sanders. The Lakers have plenty of bigs though and Tarik and Zubac seem to be playing well. Zubac seems like the future here too. Still I think it's smart they met with Sanders.
    Totally agree, who knows, trades may happen and Larry may be an option, I just think with Luke's offense and the youngsters on the roster, Larry would fit in well moving forward.

While highly unlikely we get him, meeting with him was definitely a good strategic move.

NBA lottery pick

The latest on Lou Williams getting traded.

http://www.detroitbadboys.com/2017/2...on-dj-augustin

Could be a 3 way trade with the Pistons and Magic. I guess it would depend on how much LA wants another 1st round pick. They will need them for building and accumulating assets.

A first for Lou would be something to consider, but taking on three more years of DJ Augustine is iffy and something I wouldn't consider if I were LA, unless Orlando also threw in the pick from Toronto and Detroit gave up Ellenson. Even then, I'd be iffy to do it since the Lakers just overpaid Mozgov and Nance/Randle/Zubac seem to have the "potential frontcourt" spot locked down.

NBA lottery pick

First rounder sounds like what they're probably getting.
    [QUOTE]Adrian Wojnarowski: The Wizards feel like if there

High School Varsity 6th Man

Default Tyler Ennis

He's gonna prove to be a real steal for us. Check the tape.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LgRLXW-FHzk

He's gonna fit in with us right away. For the rest of the season the major minutes should go to:

Russell/Young/Ingram/Randle/Black
    Ennis/Clarkson/Brewer/Nance Jr/Zubac

Calderon,MWP, Deng, Robinson, and Mozgov are not going to be with the team next season.

Default Re: ☆NBA General FA/Trade Ideas | Offseason | Roster

I would like to keep T-Rob though, pity there just isn't enough minutes to go around, I just love the guy and how hard he hustles, every team needs a player like that

Calderon it seems will get bought out, how we are ever going to move Deng and Mozgov's contracts is beyond me, but who knows how things will play out with the draft and off season, exciting times ahead

Home of the 16

In 2-4 yrs. if Julius Randle doesn't develop his mid-range, does he come off the bench? I can see why an old school basketball head would say otherwise, but generally in what we've seen, it is so important for your bigs to knockdown those mid-range jumpers & by also to create spacing. & if Zubac continues to develop, I would love to see LNJ backing him up at 5. If you're a bigman & you can't shoot, you have no business playing at 4 -- those are typically the adjustments that contending teams make. But there will always be those exceptions, like Udonis Haslem, he was okay-below average when it came to the mid-range, but he wasn't really terrible at it, but because of what he brought or contributed in other aspects of the floor, he was able to make up for those bricks. This is just me stretching for it, but, I guess the Lakers/Mitch/Jim never really had to tell the team to tank since they already had it masked anyway by bringing/keeping guys like Tarik Black, Thomas Robinson, LNJ by playing them at these weird positions that Luke puts them in. Mitch has been in this league long enough to know what works & what doesn't when it comes to basketball philosophy.

I'm not saying Randle developing a mid-range jumper is going to win you a ring now, but it would make their lives on the court a lot easier. I love his bully ball aggression, but, it wouldn't hurt to add another weapon to his arsenal.

High School Varsity 6th Man

Default line change

Here is a lineup we haven't been able to see much of this year, that could be good for us...

Russell/Clarkson/Young/Randle/Zubac

Young hasn't gotten very many minutes at the 3 spot this year. He probably would be better at that spot.

Default Re: line change

Quote Originally Posted by kkinchen
    Here is a lineup we haven't been able to see much of this year, that could be good for us...

Russell/Clarkson/Young/Randle/Zubac

Young hasn't gotten very many minutes at the 3 spot this year. He probably would be better at that spot.
    The idea is pretty good, I like to reward Young with playing time but Luke is so consumed in playing Ingram heavy minutes.
    Reggie Miller said BI needs to dedicate a ton of time in practicing his 3 pt shots just like him who did about 1500makes/day every summer.
    I think he needs more time doing it right now, maybe not 1500 makes but atleast 800. Finding the best shot guru is vital for this kid bec his % is alarming Can't find a rookie who shot worse than him.

Home of the 16

I think BI added so much arc when he came to the NBA. In college, he was putting up the same arc as much as everyone. I think the kid's just so nervous, mature, but just really nervous

Quote Originally Posted by $LakerGold
    I think BI added so much arc when he came to the NBA. In college, he was putting up the same arc as much as everyone. I think the kid's just so nervous, mature, but just really nervous
    I disagree, If he is so nervous, he would be committing a ton of turnovers but he's not. He's making the right passes, not wayward, no interceptions etc.
    No mishandle of the ball, missed rotations etc
    Last edited by tamaraw08; 03-14-2017 at 11:18 PM.

Home of the 16

Oh, I agree, but you can get nervous when you shoot -- it's like saying it's in the back of his head. It happens.

Quote Originally Posted by $LakerGold
    Oh, I agree, but you can get nervous when you shoot -- it's like saying it's in the back of his head. It happens.
    Whether it's mechanical or mental, the Lakers should get the top notch sports psychiatrists and shooting guru to help him out. Luring a great shot doctor like Chip Engelland out of the Spurs shouldn't be a problem considering the financial wherewithal of the Lakers.
    I'm cringing at the thought that he's the next Anthony Brown, whom Mitch selected as his valued 34th pick, the guy shot a pretty good 40% from the college 3pt area but didn't panned out in the pros bec the line was farther.
    Last edited by tamaraw08; 03-15-2017 at 05:45 PM.

Default Re: ☆NBA General FA/Trade Ideas | Offseason | Roster

What is up with Russell since he came back from his injury? He looks terrible since January.. I no longer know if he is part of the long term plan. If we get top 2 pick, we will be landing Fultz or Ball.. It looks like Ball most likely. That complicates things a bit.

What do we do with Russell then? I don't know how well we can play a 2-pg lineup. Ball would have to guard opposing SG due to his size advantage and be the primary ballhandler on offense. Russell would have to play off the ball and attempt to do some catch-and-shoot. I don't know if that role is what Russell is for. I don't think that is the right role for Russell. His jumper is just ugly and not reliable - even Clarkson would fit that role better than Russell. I would consider trading Russell but only for the right piece, which I don't actually know who it would be.

We also have the Rockets pick, where I would try to draft a scorer/shooter for off the bench. My hope is for someone like Lou Williams or Kyle Korver from 3pt line. This is a deep draft so I think we may be able to find a diamond in the rough in late first round.

What do you guys think?