Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Default Re: Best Player Post Jordan (1999) who is it?

KG is fourth. especially after the championship, which was the only thing missing in his outstanding career.

Shaq.

Next.

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    Shaq.

Next.
    Agreed. Its not a very difficult choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Collie
    Shaq
    TD

Kobe

Based on achievements and championships
    ^couldnt agree more. td and shaq are interchangeable though.

1. Shaq
    2. Tim Duncan
    3a. Kobe Bryant
    3b. Kevin Garnett

Quote Originally Posted by iggy>
    ^couldnt agree more. td and shaq are interchangeable though.
    Disagree with Shaq and Duncan being interchangeable. Shaq was far more dominant. Winning 3 in a row and getting all of the Finals MVP's. Then winning another ring with Wade.

He also produced far better stats then Duncan in both the regular season and the playoffs.

Good college starter Eldrunko247's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobraves
    I have to go with Kobe.
    no
    Kobe's the best so far as a player.
    no
    Its so much thats goes into legacy but based on best player which u asked its Kobe Bryant.
    no

Shaq and Duncan hands down.

Quote Originally Posted by Wade 3
    If T-mac is gonna be on the list then so should Lebron.

LMAO...True TRUE TRUE!!! Lebron has won playoff series AND made it to the finals.

BEST PLAYER...........KOBE, without a doubt!!!!!!

if tmac is gonna be on the list, so should michael redd

Quote Originally Posted by DKLaker
    LMAO...True TRUE TRUE!!! Lebron has won playoff series AND made it to the finals.

BEST PLAYER...........KOBE, without a doubt!!!!!!
    Do any of these Kobe fans care to explain why. I really don't see how he has been better then Shaq or Duncan.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    Disagree with Shaq and Duncan being interchangeable. Shaq was far more dominant. Winning 3 in a row and getting all of the Finals MVP's. Then winning another ring with Wade.

He also produced far better stats then Duncan in both the regular season and the playoffs.
    Shaq definitely had a much greater peak, but I think its arguable since 1999, cause of Duncan's consistency. Shaq was the best player in the league for the most part from 1999 - 2005, but Duncan was at least a top 3 player during the same time. And since 2005, Duncan has stayed that way (maybe top 4 behind Kobe, Lebron, CP3 this year), while Shaq has declined alot every year since 2005, and has even gotten to the point that he probably isn't even a top 20 player anymore.

If we were comparing careers, I would easily give it to Shaq by a wide margin, but since 99, its either a toss-up, or Shaq by a very small margin.

Quote Originally Posted by guy
    Shaq definitely had a much greater peak, but I think its arguable since 1999, cause of Duncan's consistency. Shaq was the best player in the league for the most part from 1999 - 2005, but Duncan was at least a top 3 player during the same time. And since 2005, Duncan has stayed that way (maybe top 4 behind Kobe, Lebron, CP3 this year), while Shaq has declined alot every year since 2005, and has even gotten to the point that he probably isn't even a top 20 player anymore.

If we were comparing careers, I would easily give it to Shaq by a wide margin, but since 99, its either a toss-up, or Shaq by a very small margin.
    After 05 Duncan has averaged around 19 and 11. That's IMO not really top 4 player in my eyes. Duncan has always had more talent surrounding him as well.

Shaq has declined of course as you would expect at age 36. Though I still think he was more dominant. Winning 3 championships in a row simply proves that he was more dominant then Duncan, and therefore the better player.

I am Chris Wilcox

Do any of these Kobe fans care to explain why. I really don't see how he has been better then Shaq or Duncan.
    Are you kidding me? This is ISH, where Kobe >>>> God. They don't need to explain why because, well.....Kobe >>>> God!

3-time NBA All-Star

After 05 Duncan has averaged around 19 and 11. That's IMO not really top 4 player in my eyes. Duncan has always had more talent surrounding him as well.

Shaq has declined of course as you would expect at age 36. Though I still think he was more dominant. Winning 3 championships in a row simply proves that he was more dominant then Duncan, and therefore the better player.
    He also plays on a slower-paced team and brought alot of intangibles that can't be measured by stats like great defense. In the past 3 years, the only players that were either definitely or arguably a better player in any given season including the playoffs were Kobe, Lebron, Wade, CP3, KG, Nash, or Dirk. Ok, maybe top 3-4 every year since 05 is pushing it, but he's still been way better then Shaq the past few years, who like I said is probably not even a top 20 player anymore. And yes I acknowledge that Shaq WAS more dominant by alot, but if we're talking about 1999-2008, its close. If we were talking 1999-2005, it would be no contest.

And how do you say Duncan has had more talent surrounding him? Are you serious? His 2003 and 2005 championship teams don't compare to any of Shaq's championship teams, and if you just mean since 2005, the talent around Duncan has been about the same as the talent around Shaq except for the first half of 08.
    Last edited by guy; 07-10-2008 at 02:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverbullit
    It's either Shaq or Duncan.
    Yup